Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Is he staying out of the news these days?
Hard to believe all that has been five years.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
He's been in the news almost yearly since sometimes more often. He done a good thing but is jsut a thug himself!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
George has been through the wringer since offing Trayvon. His one big mistake, was not moving the hell out of the Sanford/Lake Mary area. I always felt he would have avoided all the chit, had he done that.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guy sure "kicked the pig" and made it squeal.

Who knew that something as trivial as say, personal protection and safety in home and property would strike such a resonant chord with millions of Americans who were tired and afraid of "Thug Life."

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
BTW after he plugged ol' Travon all the break-ins stopped.. I think he was n to something...

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny how that works in a bedroom community..

Bettin' the Nike and Fubu store weren't so busy afterward, either.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
George should move to the Chicago Target Rich West Side and buy a Glock 17 this time

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
George should move to the Chicago Target Rich West Side and buy a Glock 17 this time

grin - I don't care who you are, that is funny right there!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by mohick
He's been in the news almost yearly since sometimes more often. He done a good thing but is jsut a thug himself!!

If you actually knew anything about what happened before GZ shot TM your opinion might mean something. GZ's best friend at the time was a Federal LEO that had nothing but good things to say about him at the trial. I watched every minute of the trial.

Last edited by victoro; 02/19/17.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don't think he's a thug, but he sure is a dumbass. The guy can't seem to stop stepping into crap. He was perfectly justified in shooting Martin but he needs to learn to stop putting himself into bad situations and get his act together.

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I don't think he's a thug, but he sure is a dumbass. The guy can't seem to stop stepping into crap. He was perfectly justified in shooting Martin but he needs to learn to stop putting himself into bad situations and get his act together.

The Democrats ruined GZ's life because there should never have been a trial. No way ANYBODY could lead a normal after what he went through, even you.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I used to teach high school and George was a student of mine. Basically a good kid, but was affected by the black/Hispanic gang violence at the time. Wasn't a member as far as I could tell, but was directly affected by the violence between them. Hated gangs, thugs and violence as a result, but felt the need to protect himself. I could see how he would act the way he did both during and after the event that put him in the news. Feel bad for him in a way, but acknowledge his actions led to his situation.

Old70

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Didn't he try to auction off the gun he used?

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
" Feel bad for him in a way, but acknowledge his actions led to his situation."

So you think GZ got what he deserved. What actions of his do you believe led to his situation? He didn't do anything illegal or stupid that caused TM to attack him. Did you watch the trial or did you form your opinion based on what you saw or heard from the news media?

Last edited by victoro; 02/19/17.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

So what?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Didn't say he got what he deserved, nor did I imply it. The facts support that George put himself in a situation that led to an attack, in which he defended himself. As a result the attacker died. No one "deserves" to deal with the anguish of killing someone in self defense, and the inevitable legal and public opinion consequences. Do you really think I'd believe a media that coined the term 'white hispanic' to stir up racial animus? Or a president that stirred public opinion against him? Get real. But your response would imply that you believe Georges actions before and after the trial had no effect on his situation. I would disagree.

Old70

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by victoro

So you think GZ got what he deserved. What actions of his do you believe led to his situation? He didn't do anything illegal or stupid that caused TM to attack him. Did you watch the trial or did you form your opinion based on what you saw or heard from the news media?

Yep, he followed and reported a suspicious pos in the neighborhood. I sure wish more folks would.

Didnt TM say something like "yo azz is mine". When the lead hit him, i wonder if those words crossed his mind.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/19/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

George:
1) Voted for Obama
2) Wanted to be a cop and had a gun that looked like mine
3) Did stupid things
4) Was framed by the liberal media
5) Was framed by the liberal media
6) Was charged by a crooked prosecutor
7) Was found non guilty
8) Did stupid things

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

George is what we in the business would call a "schitt magnet".

He could do everything right and still attract humanoid, oxygen-thieving schitt into his personal gravitational field.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yep, he followed and reported a suspicious pos in the neighbor. I sure wish more folks would.

Didnt TM say something like "yo azz is mine". When the lead hit him, i wonder if those words crossed his mind.

I don't know if those words did. But that bullet sure did.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yep, he followed and reported a suspicious pos in the neighbor. I sure wish more folks would.

I don't know if those words did. But that bullet sure did.

A facial video of TMs recognition after the initial transmission would be priceless.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you actually knew anything about what happened before GZ shot TM your opinion might mean something. GZ's best friend at the time was a Federal LEO that had nothing but good things to say about him at the trial. I watched every minute of the trial.

Is that you, George?

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If George's best friend was an LEO, why would he let George buy a Keltec P11?
I guess it did the deed but.......

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good old George, he is misunderstood!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just another "wanta be cop" either couldn't make the grade or something else, if not a "want a be" he needs to move somewhere and stay inside and s t f u

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
He would have been taken out in the first week...

Originally Posted by bea175

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another vic of the fake news era. George deserves a medal. Hard to believe how many pussy commies frequent this site. Topics like this really bring them to light.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The facts support that George put himself in a situation that led to an attack"

What facts are those? If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

1) TM was a trespasser in a gated community and his Dad didn't live there, he climbed a fence to get in.
2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM. He was coming home from the grocery store and saw TM walking through the front yard of a home that had been burglarized a couple of weeks earlier looking into the windows.
3) GZ pulled over the curb and called 911 to report a suspicious person.
4) When TM realized GZ was watching him he took off running into the darkness telling his girlfriend on his cell phone that "some crazy ass cracka is following me".
5) GM told the 911 operator that TM ran off and he was going go see if he could figure out where he went so he could tell the cops when they arrived. Even though he was armed he had no intention of confronting TM. The dispatcher told him "We don't need you to do that" and testified that they are trained to say that for liability reasons.
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM. When he saw GZ he came out of his hiding place and sucker punched him knocking him down. He then got on top of GM and tried to beat him to death.
7) TM was a violent thug, a burglar, a drug dealer/user, and a gun dealer. The sorry judge blocked all the defense's evidence that proved all these things because she did not want an acquittal in her courtroom. TM would have ended up dead or in prison sooner or later anyway. TM's Dad was a gang member in St. Louis in his younger days. He was a Crip or Blood, I don't remember which.

It's not against the law to follow a suspicious person until the cops arrive and I've done the same thing in my own neighborhood. Just because I want to protect my neighbors doesn't make me a "cop wannabe".

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Another vic of the fake news era. George deserves a medal. Hard to believe how many pussy commies frequent this site. Topics like this really bring them to light.

EXACTLY!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
George's mistake was that he let the kid punch him in the face.
Treyvon confronted George, and said "Do you have a problem?"
And George said "No I don't have a problem."
And Treyvon said "Well you have a problem now."

That translates to, "I am about to kick your ass cracker."
At that moment, the most critical moment of George's life, George should have punched the guy right in the face, or ribs.
George's situational awareness was poor.
Rather than standing and fighting, he called 911 again on the cell phone, making him an easy target for Treyvon.
Perhaps George didn't know how to fight.

In that event he should have trained in jiu jitsu or Japanese karate for several years before he went out on the street to confront criminals like Treyvon.

And I have no doubt that Treyvon was a burglar, he had been caught at school with burglary tools in his backpack.

After George got knocked to the ground he did everything right. The media likes to skip this point but Treyvon was much taller, he had about 6 inches in height on George.
Treyvon got George down and grabbed him by the shoulders, and was pounding his head into the concrete.
Two or three head strikes like that and you are dead.

George was perfectly justified in shooting the young black criminal at that point.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 02/20/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just another "wanta be cop" either couldn't make the grade or something else, if not a "want a be" he needs to move somewhere and stay inside and s t f u

You have bought into the progressive fascist lies that elected Tyrant Obama the Liar for his second term. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Zimmerman did nothing wrong. He was a member of the community watch and did exactly what they trained him to do. He observed a suspicious person and reported them to the police. It was the thug Travon who decided to teach the "crazy axes cracker" a lesson and tried to kill Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't use his weapon until after after Travon had used deadly force against him and attempted to take away his gun. The persecution proved he was not guilty by the time the rested their case against him which means he shouldn't have been brought to trial, that the trial was for political purposes only to help Tyrant Obama the Liar's reelection.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/20/17.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
when two trainloads of stupid collide...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Rather than standing and fighting, he called 911 again on the cell phone, making him an easy target for Treyvon.
Perhaps George didn't know how to fight."

Where did you get that information from??? GM didn't call 911 after he was sucker punched and knocked down. It's hard to fight when your laying on your back with somebody sitting on you punching you in the face and head. GZ didn't confront TM, he was just trying to locate him for the cops.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I watched some of the trial, too.

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law, I knew then and there he couldn't be convicted.

In a room full of liberals, I turned to my buddy and said "If they follow the letter of the law, they can't convict him. The jury cannot return a guilty verdict".

Must of had twenty pairs of stink-eye on me. grin

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

So what?

Nothing really.

Just seems like a strange move.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by toad
when two trainloads of stupid collide...

That is the most accurate statement about the situation

Congrats Sir
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law,

GZ was not in his home or place of business.
just being on another street in his own gated community doesnt amount to being in his own residence-dwelling.

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.013 Home protection; use or threatened use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using or threatening to use
defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used or threatened was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered,
a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
(b) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder,
and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or
(b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force
is used or threatened; or
(c) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force is engaged in a criminal activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further a criminal activity; or
(d) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence,
or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using or threatening to use force
knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
(3) A person who is attacked in his or her dwelling, residence, or vehicle has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use or threaten to use force, including deadly force,
if he or she uses or threatens to use force in accordance with s. 776.012(1) or (2) or s. 776.031(1) or (2).
(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act
involving force or violence.
(5) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it,
including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.
(b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.
(c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

1) TM was a trespasser in a gated community and his Dad didn't live there, he climbed a fence to get in.

TM left his fathers fiancees house to go to the shop and return , that would already make him a guest of a resident of that gated community
so how is his presence considered trespassing? Was it established at trial that TM was being unlawful and actually trespassing?

2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM.

LoL...So neighborhood watch people 'clock off'?...I don't think so, a NW community is about residents keeping an eye out at any time of day or night.

Zimmerman has been caught trespassing on commercial property after close of business. He then lied to police and told them he was the hired security guard
for the property.... evidently the disturbed fool NEVER turns off from watching people and places.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
George; bless his heart realized a potential criminal was possibly casing the neighborhood. I don't care to hear any BS about profiling. Profiling is absolutely necessary in law enforcement. Young men, a lot of them non-white commit the most property crimes and violence and therefore get the most attention. I was a Louisiana Game Warden for 30 years. We profiled, just so happens in our business young white men with greasy hair, tattoos, and raggedy boats got our attention. Grandpa and Grandma fishing with cane poles got very little notice from us. Trayvon was feeling disrespected and decided to play the knockout game. He failed to knock out George, and to his embarrassment found out that nerd was packing heat. The deal in Ferguson MO was also a failed knockout attempt. Same result. Folks need to realize that a a man packing a gun cannot allow himself to be overpowered.
As to George's subsequent behavior, I firmly believe he suffers from a form of PTSD. Killing a person would cause a lot of soul searching and second guessing I would think. Glad I made my career w/o killing anybody.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GZs history of questionable behaviour before shooting TM is not much better than his behavior after the fact.
hes a bit of a wannabe retard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
George did not use the "stand your ground defense". George was right in what he did, has a jury verdict to prove it. As I implied in my previous post, he seems to be suffering mental anguish. The public disapprobation in liberal circles and his marriage breakup could easily have negative results in someone no matter how correct their actions.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
If "Two train loads of stupid" did collide, Zimmerman , was 9mm less stupid.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mental anguish?...it seems to me he has a batcrazy obsession
Why else would he take it upon himself to trespass so he can patrol someone elses place of business after hrs
when not employed to?...especially after going through everything over shooting TM.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
"The facts support that George put himself in a situation that led to an attack"

What facts are those? If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM. He was coming home from the grocery store and saw TM walking through the front yard of a home that had been burglarized a couple of weeks earlier looking into the windows.
4) When TM realized GZ was watching him he took off running into the darkness telling his girlfriend on his cell phone that "some crazy ass cracka is following me".
5) GM told the 911 operator that TM ran off and he was going go see if he could figure out where he went so he could tell the cops when they arrived. Even though he was armed he had no intention of confronting TM. The dispatcher told him "We don't need you to do that" and testified that they are trained to say that for liability reasons.
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM. When he saw GZ he came out of his hiding place and sucker punched him knocking him down. He then got on top of GM and tried to beat him to death.
7) TM was a violent thug, a burglar, a drug dealer/user, and a gun dealer. The sorry judge blocked all the defense's evidence that proved all these things because she did not want an acquittal in her courtroom. TM would have ended up dead or in prison sooner or later anyway. TM's Dad was a gang member in St. Louis in his younger days. He was a Crip or Blood, I don't remember which.

It's not against the law to follow a suspicious person until the cops arrive and I've done the same thing in my own neighborhood. Just because I want to protect my neighbors doesn't make me a "cop wannabe".

Who the f*ck is GM?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Who the f*ck is GM?

It's a f*cking typo smart**. Should be GZ (George Zimmerman) like in the rest of my comment.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"TM left his fathers fiancees house to go to the shop and return , that would already make him a guest of a resident of that gated community>

Being a guest of a resident didn't give TM the right to walk through another residents front yard (private property) and look into their windows. TM also assaulted GZ on private property. You are obviously a troll that didn't watch the trail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was also under the impression that TM's Dad lived there.

As I recall the community was under alot of stress due to the 2008 financial crisis - a lot of houses were under water, foreclosures etc and the community watch was either created or beefed up with Zimmerman playing a larger role and getting blessed by the police.

Right or wrong in the eyes of the law, what I'm tired of is this African American narrative that Trayvon has the right to look, act and be a thug.

Regardless of skin color you need to recognize that Zimmerman represented some level of authority - and had he (Trayvon) answered with yes sir, no sir and didn't go into his gangster wannabe routine, he'd be at home with his tea and skittles right now.

Being a thug doesn't mean you deserve to get shot, but *not* acting like a punk will certainly increases your chances of living.

Trayvon's daddy should have been aware of the situation and warned his child accordingly.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/22/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had Zimmerman himself been black, the incident wouldn't have amounted to more than a small local story.

The most shocking and eye opening was the coordinated media frame up and constant efforts to racialize the incident.
the media displayed pictures of T.M as a 12 year old and
repeatedly played an edited, phony version of the 911 tape to make the incident appear racially motivated when in fact, there was not one shred of evidence of racism on Zimmerman's part.

Last edited by night_owl; 02/22/17.

abusus non tollit usum
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KFWA

Regardless of skin color you need to recognize that Zimmerman represented some level of authority

really?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I was also under the impression that TM's Dad lived there."

Almost everybody did because that's what the MSM was reporting. I watched the whole trail and then checked the MSM to see what they were reporting about it. The MSM lied repeatedly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Regardless of skin color you need to recognize that Zimmerman represented some level of authority

really?

please expand

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Almost everybody did because that's what the MSM was reporting. I watched the whole trail and then checked the MSM to see what they were reporting about it. The MSM lied repeatedly.

I'm not choosing sides here but I did find this

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law, I knew then and there he couldn't be convicted.

In a room full of liberals, I turned to my buddy and said "If they follow the letter of the law, they can't convict him. The jury cannot return a guilty verdict".

Must of had twenty pairs of stink-eye on me. grin

Stand your ground had nothing to do with Zimmerman's defense. He was pinned on his back by Trayvon when he fired. He couldn't have fled. It was only read by the judge because that was required by state law.

The truth is that the prosecutor's case alone prove Zimmerman's innocence. The only reason he was brought to trial was that it helped Tyrant Obama the Liar lie his way into office. He was able to use this shooting to inflame the racist hate of blacks and thereby motivate them to vote.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

really?

please expand

GZ had no more 'authority' than TM in that situation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only facts that matter are that Travon assaulted Zimmerman using deadly force and Zimmerman defended himself with deadly force.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/22/17.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
agreed. it is simply an altercation. but if you follow people around in the dark, don't be surprised if you find your head getting smacked on the concrete.

and if you are smacking somebody's head on the concrete, don't be surprised if you get shot.

stupid vs. stupid.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Zimmerman called the police and then followed a suspected burglar awaiting the arrival of the police, I'd say Zimmerman was taking a dangerous course of action.
He may or may not have acted stupidly, we'll never know.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not choosing sides here but I did find this

[Linked Image]

I did find this which came out in the trial

"In testimony Tuesday, Wendy Dorival, who worked as the volunteer program coordinator for the Sanford Police Department, said she made a presentation to facilitate a neighborhood watch program in 2011 for residents of Retreat at Twin Lakes, where Zimmeran lived and Trayvon was visiting a friend of his father's on the night he was killed."

so it appears his dad did not live there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was it material to Zimmerman's defense whether Martin was a trespasser or invitee?
That's something that could confuse a jury and should have been excluded.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

really?

please expand

I guess it depends on how you define authority. He was in a police sanctioned neighborhood watch that the neighborhood knew existed. There was a history of the neighborhood watch following suspicious people so it wasn't new to the community.

Now Travyon wasn't probably wasn't aware of that, but it was a gated community.

So I'm not saying he had a badge or a right to do whatever - but he was in a position to be recognized by the residents (and the police) as someone looking out for community.

My point is mainly however is that Trayvon made a choice on how to react to someone - and he got shot for his failure to understand the situation he was in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by night_owl
Was it material to Zimmerman's defense whether Martin was a trespasser or invitee?

Zimmerman lawyer Don West asked Dorival whether a person walking in rain between houses without a particular purpose — a description of Trayvon the night of the shooting — was suspicious. Dorival said yes and added that she encourages neighbors to know who doesn't belong and to call police.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
agreed. it is simply an altercation. but if you follow people around in the dark, don't be surprised if you find yourself getting your head smacked on the concrete.

and if you are smacking somebody's head on the concrete, don't be surprised if you get shot.

stupid vs. stupid.
Wrong. Trayvon is a GUEST at his father's house and by extension, in the community. He has NO authority whatsoever, nor any right to trespass and peep in people's houses. Zimmerman was the Neighborhood Watch commander, which may or may not have carried the authority to go wherever he pleased within the community. He was certainly doing the right thing by following and reporting a suspicious character to police. Even without some measure of authority and blessing even by the police, he was being a good neighbor.

Trayvon's actions are the stupid ones, if viewed through the context of what a "regular joe" or "good guy" should be doing. First, a normal person is not out trespassing so as to get followed. Second, if something like this happens, a normal person would get the hell back to his dad's house where he was safe, or call 911 himself, not confront the person following. Third, if contact between the normal person and the follower was initiated, a normal person wouldn't jump the follower and try to kill them-especially after the follower looked and sounded harmless. (Harmless to a normal person out for a walk, though dangerous as a normal person reporting a criminal to the police.)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of course Martin was suspicious.
I think that whether Martin was lawfully on the premises is immaterial if Zimmerman didn't know whether Martin's presence was authorized or not.

abusus non tollit usum
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
agreed. it is simply an altercation. but if you follow people around in the dark, don't be surprised if you find yourself getting your head smacked on the concrete.

stupid vs. stupid.
Wrong. Trayvon is a GUEST at his father's house and by extension, in the community. He has NO authority whatsoever, nor any right to trespass and peep in people's houses. Zimmerman was the Neighborhood Watch commander, which may or may not have carried the authority to go wherever he pleased within the community. He was certainly doing the right thing by following and reporting a suspicious character to police. Even without some measure of authority and blessing even by the police, he was being a good neighbor.

Trayvon's actions are the stupid ones, if viewed through the context of what a "regular joe" or "good guy" should be doing. First, a normal person is not out trespassing so as to get followed. Second, if something like this happens, a normal person would get the hell back to his dad's house where he was safe, or call 911 himself, not confront the person following. Third, if contact between the normal person and the follower was initiated, a normal person wouldn't jump the follower and try to kill them-especially after the follower looked and sounded harmless. (Harmless to a normal person out for a walk, though dangerous as a normal person reporting a criminal to the police.)

"doing the right thing" does NOT grant a person a 'level of authority'

GZ, because of his actions, was one good smack from being the loser of this deal. how is that not stupid?

and you do remember the part where the police dispatcher advised GZ to NOT follow TM? he followed TM anyway. how is that not stupid?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Who the f*ck is GM?

It's a f*cking typo smart**. Should be GZ (George Zimmerman) like in the rest of my comment.

Sweet Jesus, you have 157 different abbreviations in there, flying around. Just asking, as what you typed made no sense.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

stupid vs. stupid.

"doing the right thing" does NOT grant a person a 'level of authority'

GZ, because of his actions, was one good smack from being the loser of this deal. how is that not stupid?

and you do remember the part where the police dispatcher advised GZ to NOT follow TM? he followed TM anyway. how is that not stupid?

Zimmerman was probably already following Martin a little ways, trying to keep him in sight so he could id where he was at when the cops showed up. As a neighborhood watch Commander, that would have been a duty. He had no duty or obligation to take the advice of some dispatcher, but it seemed from everything I saw and heard that he had discontinued following him immediately or shortly thereafter, when the dispatcher asked him to. Trayvon then circled around or some such, and confronted Martin. Maybe if you weren't so wrapped up in what the communist fake news told you and eager to chug it down, you wouldn't parrot back bs. All we have are one or two eyewitness reports, audio from the police and Zimmerman's own phone, Zimmerman's testimony and statements and Trayvon's girlfriend's statements and testimony. That's quite a bit.

Zimmerman's election to Commander of the Neighborhood Watch DOES give him a modicum of authority, regardless of what you think. Nobody said "doing the right thing" gave him some sort of authority.

Zimmerman probably made some tactical errors. You and others are trying to make out like he did something legally or morally wrong. It's the opinion of the courts he did nothing legally wrong and my opinion he did nothing wrong morally.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Starman

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law,

GZ was not in his home or place of business.
just being on another street in his own gated community doesnt amount to being in his own residence-dwelling.

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.013 Home protection; use or threatened use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using or threatening to use
defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used or threatened was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered,
a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
(b) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder,
and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or
(b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force
is used or threatened; or
(c) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force is engaged in a criminal activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further a criminal activity; or
(d) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence,
or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using or threatening to use force
knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
(3) A person who is attacked in his or her dwelling, residence, or vehicle has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use or threaten to use force, including deadly force,
if he or she uses or threatens to use force in accordance with s. 776.012(1) or (2) or s. 776.031(1) or (2).
(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act
involving force or violence.
(5) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it,
including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.
(b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.
(c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

It's still self defense, no matter how you cut the cake.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't remember all the exact words in the confrontation, nor do I know the distances between Zimmerman and Martin so that handicaps any Monday Morning Quarterbacking. It seems to me that Trayvon didn't look like any child, since he was much taller than Zimmerman and probably heavier, wearing Thug-type attire. Thus, as soon as Trayvon appeared and showed an aggressive attitude, it seems that Zimmerman would have been within the law to at least draw his gun and tell Trayvon to back off, that he was Neighborhood Watch and wanted to know what he was doing. At that point, Trayvon could just take on off or stay for the cops. In any sensible locale there would have been nothing to charge Zimmerman with, although if Trayvon had went all soft, played the victim and a child, it might have went bad for Zimmerman, depending on how much backing the police gave the Neighborhood Watch.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Lots of people carrying guns these days.

Anybody who starts beating on a random individual is too stupid to stay alive in this day and age.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Zimmerman was probably already following Martin a little ways, trying to keep him in sight so he could id where he was at when the cops showed up. As a neighborhood watch Commander, that would have been a duty. He had no duty or obligation to take the advice of some dispatcher, but it seemed from everything I saw and heard that he had discontinued following him immediately or shortly thereafter, when the dispatcher asked him to. Trayvon then circled around or some such, and confronted Martin. Maybe if you weren't so wrapped up in what the communist fake news told you and eager to chug it down, you wouldn't parrot back bs. All we have are one or two eyewitness reports, audio from the police and Zimmerman's own phone, Zimmerman's testimony and statements and Trayvon's girlfriend's statements and testimony. That's quite a bit.

Zimmerman's election to Commander of the Neighborhood Watch DOES give him a modicum of authority, regardless of what you think. Nobody said "doing the right thing" gave him some sort of authority.

Zimmerman probably made some tactical errors. You and others are trying to make out like he did something legally or morally wrong. It's the opinion of the courts he did nothing legally wrong and my opinion he did nothing wrong morally.

before you get all whiney and butthurt, go back and read my posts real slow so you understand.

I said nothing about his actions being legal or moral. I said they were stupid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The only facts that matter are that Travon assaulted Zimmerman using deadly force and Zimmerman defended himself with deadly force.

And a gun usually trumps fists.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This guy is bound and determined to go to prison. Why doesn't he just move to some quiet, out of the way place and live in peace? I know I would. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Being a guest of a resident didn't give TM the right to walk through another residents front yard (private property) and look into their windows.
TM also assaulted GZ on private property. You are obviously a troll that didn't watch the trail.

Again, was it established at trial that TM was deemed as being unlawful and trespassing?
you claim to have watched the trial and have all the 'facts', ..so why can't you answer that???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No it wasn't, but some people want to believe he was trespassing and that such conjecture matters.

Correct., GZ being a self-appointed NH watch person amounts to nothing in granting him any exclusive authority or powers.

Nobody here argued that it wasn't SD, but it certainly wasn't a SYG situation as covered in Florida law statutes.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
He still has work to do

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

No it wasn't, but some people want to believe he was trespassing and that such conjecture matters.

Correct., GZ being a self-appointed NH watch person amounts to nothing in granting him any exclusive authority or powers.

Nobody here argued that it wasn't SD, but it certainly wasn't a SYG situation as covered in Florida law statutes.

Uhh, in case you forgot. It does have a bearing on the case, since the judge decided to read it to the jury in court.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Being a guest of a resident didn't give TM the right to walk through another residents front yard (private property) and look into their windows.
TM also assaulted GZ on private property. You are obviously a troll that didn't watch the trail.

Again, was it established at trial that TM was deemed as being unlawful and trespassing?
you claim to have watched the trial and have all the 'facts', ..so why can't you answer that???

What's the question?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Wrong. Trayvon is a GUEST at his father's house and by extension, in the community."

Wrong. TM was NOT a guest at his Father's house. It was TM's Father's girlfriend's house. TM was there because his Mother had kicked him out of her house. Even if he is a guest in a community that doesn't give him the right to trespass on private property. A guest at my house has right to go anywhere in my neighborhood other than on public property.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Nobody here argued that it wasn't SD, but it certainly wasn't a SYG situation as covered in Florida law statutes."

Nobody said it was a Stand Your Ground situation except the MSM and people like you.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by NVhntr
If George's best friend was an LEO, why would he let George buy a Keltec P11?
I guess it did the deed but.......

They make a good "THROW DOWN PIECE" !!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
agreed. it is simply an altercation. but if you follow people around in the dark, don't be surprised if you find your head getting smacked on the concrete.

stupid vs. stupid.

Next time you walk through your neighborhood you will understand if some thug attacks you for no reason?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The police stated that Zimmerman did exactly what the members of the neighborhood watch are suppose to do.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not important. The only facts under consideration are that Trayvon used deadly force on Zimmerman and Zimmerman used deadly force in self defense.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Uhh, in case you forgot. It does have a bearing on the case, since the judge decided to read it to the jury in court.

The only reason the SYG law was read by the judge at the trial is because Florida law requires it when the defendant is claiming self defense.

The evidence proved that Zimmerman was flat on his back with Trayvon pinning him to the ground when he shot Trayvon. He was unable to flee.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by ConradCA

And a gun usually trumps fists.

Trayvon used deadly force when he had Zimmerman pinned to the ground unable to defend himself from the blows raining down on his head. He also used deadly force when he bashed Zimmerman's head on the concrete sidewalk. This deadly force is what made Zimmerman's use of his gun justified and not guilty by reason of self defense.

Last edited by ConradCA; 03/18/17.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Nobody here argued that it wasn't SD, but it certainly wasn't a SYG situation as covered in Florida law statutes."

Nobody said it was a Stand Your Ground situation except the MSM and people like you.

I said it was SYG?..Someone here certainly did suggest that it was SYG but it wasnt me you fool ,
I suggest you go back through this thread because you evidently missed something.

What's the question?

LOL, seriously?.. you really can see the question I put to you above ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being LOST in ancient history looks to be your space, "Starman".

God forbid you stay current, or actually comment about TODAY"S issues.

NGAS about Ferguson ,Mo. .....or any further evolutions,...I'll just close, wondering on why you even bother here.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I should comment about Ferguson on a Zimmerman thread?..lol..
go back to bed you sound drunk.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Di they grow you and your kind in a Petri dish, and hook up micro wires into a D.U. Computer, so's to (ostensibly) "Think",....or try to show the capacity to do so ?

Failed experiment, Señor.

If you can't connect Fla. to Mo., in terms of synonymous agendas, and an ABSOLUTE connection,.....they should probably dump more chit into your next batch of relatives.

....how's THAT sound, Sport ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Under the Obama Fed shooting an unarmed Black was a no-no regardless of the circumstances...self-defense or not, cop or not...but it makes sense if you think about the origin of the policy...Obama wanted Blacks to be a protected species.

The entire trial fiasco was a travesty of justice and an abuse of the Judicial system, but I'm glad it turned out right.

It was proper self-defense all the way, but if Zimmerman had made the effort to learn a little combat BJJ, then while TM was making his thug pronouncements he could have just snapped his elbow...

No gun-no homicide-no rigged trial and no Leftist Feds to deal with.

Still waiting for Trump to drain the swamp.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Xfire,
Like i said, better go sleep it off, you are rambling miles away from the thread subject.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"It was proper self-defense all the way, but if Zimmerman had made the effort to learn a little combat BJJ, then while TM was making his thug pronouncements he could have just snapped his elbow.."

Thank you, boogaloo. A little Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Treyvon would have been in the hospital getting his elbow re-arranged. Sadly, this would have meant the end of his basketball career.
And we never would have heard of George Zimmerman.

Treyvon said to him "Well you have a problem now."
That translates to "I am going to beat your ass."
At that most critical moment of his young life, Zimmerman should have been whipping this punk criminal's ass.
Instead of dealing with reality, George did what most young people do these days. He went with virtual reality.

Grabbed his precious I phone and called 911.
Zimmerman was a dumb ass who didn't know how to fight.

But he was a good shot.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Judged by 12 - carried by 6.
Zimmerman made the right choice. Let him be.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, I won't let him be.
This case deserves study. First of all, libs like Obama have their head up their butts because Treyvon was in the act of killing Zimmerman and at that point deserved to be shot.

Second, Zimmerman made several critical mistakes. Could happen to someone on this forum and I would like for people to be aware of how he screwed up.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Trayvon made the fatal mistake, but folks want to hammer on Zimmerman!
BS - leave the guy alone - you can't make exact plans when someone else is "involved" and setting the agenda!
All you can do is react, at that point!
Coulda', shoulda', is like hind sight (defined as looking at your own azz!)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was proper self-defense all the way, but if Zimmerman had made the effort to learn a little combat BJJ, then while TM was making his thug pronouncements he could have just snapped his elbow...

...and been jailed for initiating violence and breaking some poor teenager's arm absent any injuries to himself.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM.

Ten minutes is an eternity in a situation like that, for both the guy doing the hiding and the guy doing the looking.

Martin was obviously several sandwiches shy of a picnic. As an indication of his mental state he had been kicked out of school for punching a teacher. Actually, teachers hardly ever get punched, even at the worst schools. That indicates Martin was a fringe loony even among thugs. Many thugs are actually pretty smart, but if there were a "spec ed" for learning-disabled thugs, Martin would have been enrolled in the program.

OTOH seems like Zimmerman, if his subsequent altercations are any indication, is a fringe loony himself, of a different stripe. Here's one from just four months ago...

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...lur-deputies-say/OaHeOkddoacpK14Bze5XkM/

Martin and Zimmerman that night; a train wreck waiting to happen.

Even so, justice was served and Zimmerman was properly acquitted.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

...and been jailed for initiating violence and breaking some poor teenager's arm absent any injuries to himself.

Well no... I was referring to the point when Zimmerman was on his back with TM on top of him when BJJ type ground fighting would have been helpful.

It's irrelevant really, my point was that I didn't think Zimmerman should have been charged with anything.

But that's a real dilemma of CCW, what do you do if an unarmed opponent starts kicking your butt while you are carrying and you have to defend yourself and not lose control of your weapon at the same time?

Run the scenario with a friend sometime...It's a compromised situation.

Zimmerman went above and beyond the call to be a good citizen and watch out for his neighbors. When he saw suspicious behavior he reported it. Unfortunately, he was stalked and caught off-guard by a raging homicidal maniac.

He actually took a lot of punishment and didn't even draw his weapon until near the end when he felt like TM was going to kill him. I don't know why the defense didn't bring that angle up, but they did win.

Zimmerman basically did everything right within his capabilities and knowledge base, and they still charged him.

They should have given him a medal.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good ol George, good guy!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 3,038 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.