Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmmmm might be so…but I thought I saw a court document they showed that was dated January 2017.

I'd have too watch it again to be sure. But I won't!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine must be over 30 years old at least, put a Fiberglas stock on it, adjusted the trigger to make it lighter and used it to hunt and shoot in hunter class competitions and never an issue.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The 1946-2006 rifles are a flawed design, no doubt about it. As far as I know the X-Mark trigger used since Oct. 2006 is a sound design. Supposedly the recall on those was to deal with adhesive that somehow dripped into the trigger assembly during manufacturing.

I didn't watch this program because I thought it was just a re-run of the same program done by CNBC several years ago. If there is a different design problem with the X-Mark trigger this is the 1st I've heard of it

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
It was stated that the x-mark pro was ten years old, and came out in '06. So the production is not very old.

Still quite tainted by anti-gun MSM!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They blamed both the old triggers and the XMark.

First "oopsie" was a kid who was arguing with his brother, and loaded the rifle to "scare" him: The rifle "went off by itself".

Second "oopsie" was a "former Marine" who was "experienced with weapons" and took his LOADED RIFLE WITH A ROUND CHAMBERED AND SAFETY OFF out of a case and the rifle "went off by itself".

I stopped watching at that point.

There may well be a problem with the triggers; there's a bigger problem with some owners.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget, boys & girls, CBS is and has been virulently anti-guns/anti-Second Amendment and is the home of radical anti-guns personnel starting with the late pap dispensers, Walter Cronkite, Mike Wallace, and that senile old fool, Dan Rather.

Anything that is regurgitated on a CBS show is always suspect.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That is true. I'm certain they enjoy doing these shows. But the fact is that they wouldn't have anything to talk about if Remington hadn't been producing defective rifles since the 1940's.

I've seen and owned rifles that would do this and have done a fair amount of research on the topic. I've seen 2 different programs aired by them and can find nothing factually inaccurate in the reporting.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So what is wrong with the XMark trigger?

The Walker has the obvious problem of the floating trigger disconnector. But I thought they eliminated the disconnector on the XMark.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JMR40
The 1946-2006 rifles are a flawed design, no doubt about it. As far as I know the X-Mark trigger used since Oct. 2006 is a sound design. Supposedly the recall on those was to deal with adhesive that somehow dripped into the trigger assembly during manufacturing.

I didn't watch this program because I thought it was just a re-run of the same program done by CNBC several years ago. If there is a different design problem with the X-Mark trigger this is the 1st I've heard of it

Just FYI - The Remington 700 has only been around since 1962 (not 1946).
For about the first 20 years until around 1982 the safety locked the bolt down, then they changed it so you could open the bolt & unload it with the safety still on (bolt not locked down).

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
So what is wrong with the XMark trigger?

The Walker has the obvious problem of the floating trigger disconnector. But I thought they eliminated the disconnector on the XMark.

Not sure but it is supposed to happen more in colder weather. Affects XMP triggers from 2006 to 2014. According to an attorney they interviewed, it would cost Remington 450 million to replace all the Remington rifles affected by the trigger issue....I'm assuming they were talking about both the XMP and the Walker trigger.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 02/19/17.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WHY ARE THESE FIREARMS BEING RECALLED?
Only Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with X-Mark Pro triggers manufactured from May 1, 2006, to April 9, 2014, have been recalled. Models 700, Seven, Sportsman 78, and 673 with a Remington Walker trigger mechanism that utilizes a trigger connector, and Models 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722, and 725 with a Remington trigger mechanism that utilizes a trigger connector have not been recalled. While Plaintiffs’ economic-loss claims related to those models are being settled through this class action settlement, those firearms are not being recalled.

WHAT IS THE “XMP PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL”?
Remington has determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with X-Mark Pro triggers manufactured from May 1, 2006, to April 9, 2014, could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge. A Remington investigation has determined that some X-Mark Pro triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process. While Remington has the utmost confidence in the design of the X-Mark Pro trigger, it is undertaking a Product Safety Recall in the interest of consumer safety to replace these triggers with new X-Mark Pro triggers.

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A REMINGThttp://settlement.repair.remington.com/faqsON RIFLE THAT FITS THIS DESCRIPTION, STOP USING YOUR FIREARM. Any unintended discharge has the potential to cause injury or death. Immediately cease use of your firearm. DO NOT attempt to diagnose or repair your firearm.

More here,
http://settlement.repair.remington.com/faqs

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
That is true. I'm certain they enjoy doing these shows. But the fact is that they wouldn't have anything to talk about if Remington hadn't been producing defective rifles since the 1940's.

I've seen and owned rifles that would do this and have done a fair amount of research on the topic. I've seen 2 different programs aired by them and can find nothing factually inaccurate in the reporting.

Well, uh, how do we no yer not a antiguin azzwhole? wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have had 600 and 700 triggers since for 30 years and never a problem with them. only gun I ever seen go off when safety catch moved was an old savage.223 that the trigger was lightened too much, But hey some people can bend an anvil........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the defect was repeatable it would be a bit more viable.

I would challenge anyone to take a NIB 700 and without f uck ing with the trigger, get it to discharge as some are claiming they have seen or done..

Post the video. Noone can prove anything in this clusterfu ck against Remington, nothing!

G

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well most of the complaints I have read in the past were that the gun fired as one locked the bolt down, or the safety moved to the fire position.. in tonight's show, this kid was not working the bolt nor the safety, he claims the gun just went off as he was standing up off the couch. As far as I know, that is not the meat on the bones in regards to the 700 trigger issue. Probably why he ended up in prison.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At this point Remington will never shake the trigger issue, they should start manufacturing the 700 with an outside trigger.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have to hate Remington.....to justify spending $4000.00 for a custom rifle!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaleRider

Just FYI - The Remington 700 has only been around since 1962 (not 1946).
For about the first 20 years until around 1982 the safety locked the bolt down, then they changed it so you could open the bolt & unload it with the safety still on (bolt not locked down).

Immaterial, the Walker trigger came out with the 722/721 rifles, same trigger design used on the early 700s.

I have issues with the 700s, but the triggers ain't my issues. There are other things to dislike about 'em, and reason enough for me to have gotten rid of mine.
Some TV hackjob ain't gonna persuade me one way or another.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remington's new automatic trigger. Take carful aim at the target and then turn the safety off -- BAM -- no need to squeeze the trigger.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have 5 or six Remington 700's, I like them a lot, a Remington will always shoot. That being said I don't put hundreds of rounds down range each year with these rifles. I would like someone to tell me how the "former Marine" had an "accidental discharge" from inside his house that just happened to hit two black girls across the street killing one of them? I bet that guy was aiming at them and pulled the trigger not remembering the rifle was loaded!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.