-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Got my first stuck case. I need to buy a remover. I have a variety type of dies.

Do all case removers work in all dies?

Which would be best for multiple- RCBS, Lee, Redding, Lymann, C & H, and 4D. (Maybe one more brand, but not loading 257 Wea. or 25-06 so right now those dies are out).

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If you have a drill, tap, matching bolt, a washer, and a socket set you can avoid the kit.
If you don't have all the stuff or just want to have the kit for convenience the RCBS one should get you there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think in 30 some years reloading I have stuck two, both 243 almost one after the other.
This video was how I did it. Much newer video than back when I first stuck one, but it's the same idea, and worked for me.

Imperial sizing wax and a little feel will end stuck cases, at least it did for me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use the RCBS case remover. However instead of the Allen wrench I use a small socket wrench. You can buy the dies on eBay for around $22. One of the first dies I recommend to a new reloader is the stuck case remover. By the way that's not the last case you're going to get stuck.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1323660

Here is a link to an example of "home made" kit like I suggested.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys. I was too ashamed to admit that I completely buggered the rim. Seems one of my shell holders is slightly oversize and I was too stupid to figure it out in time. I've loaded for over 30 years, since 1985 or so, and this is the first "stuck" case. Had a few obstinate ones, but always got them out.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
A 1/4 inch tap, socket, plus a few washers is all you need, plenty videos on u tube!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In over 20 years I think I only stuck 2 or 3 cases. Got an RCBS stuck case remover kit. Works good; I like it. Haven't used it in probably 6 or 8 years now but it rests in a small case on the shelf right above the reloading bench with an identifying label on it. So it's reassuring to be able to see it and have it close at hand, "just in case". Kind of like having a good fire extinguisher handy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the RCBS as well and it has worked perfect for over 20 years. You will need one at some point everybody has......

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Made my own and it worked great at the time, but I like buying loading stuff so bought the RCBS one and it works very well with all dies.

Have only used it once since I bought it, but it is nice to have.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a kit after I stuck a .350 mag case in a die. Learned the hard way to lube the case all the down. Never stuck a case after I bought the kit, of course.

Hey, I think Redding will pull the case for you as will RCBS.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is no doubt in my mind that stuck case removers have a certain "exorcistic" quality ingrained. Somehow when placed on a shelf with loading gear as their domain they tend to repel evil spirits responsible for jammed dies.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, it's probably been 10 years since I bought the kit and about that long since I even looked at it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by hanco
A 1/4 inch tap, socket, plus a few washers is all you need, plenty videos on u tube!!

I needed one enough that about 20 years ago I assembled a little kit in a box with 1/4" tap, cheap handle, a 1/4" drive socket that fits over a standard case head, various length 1/4-20 bolts, and a wrench.
Only needed it once since I made up the kit.

Last edited by Deflagrate; 02/22/17.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gents, thank you all so much for the help. I very much appreciate all of the input.
I've decided to take a three prong approach.
I'm going to order the RCBS, then once in hand try the home remedy, and failing both of those, return it to RCBS.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.