Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone know the diameter of the Fierce Titanium action? It comes with a trigger and bottom metal. Anyone have a weight on this item?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You might read this from another forum.

fierce rifles

I don't know anything about this company. They may be the best thing since sliced bread. All I am saying is be careful. If you get a chance read about tactical rifles dot net on here and snipers hide. They also guarantee 1/2" groups and have been written up in several magazines...and many people are apparently not happy with their rifles.

I just want to encourage you to do your homework before throwing down your money.

Also, there are many established builders with 100's of good reviews who will guarantee same or better accuracy in the same price range.

I have a "PIERCE" Titanium receiver in a rifle build. It is top notch. I have never heard of Fierce.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ringman
Anyone know the diameter of the Fierce Titanium action? It comes with a trigger and bottom metal. Anyone have a weight on this item?

I would call them, I held 2 of them a few weeks ago, looks like a Sako 85 knockoff without the SAko dovetail.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
butchlambert1,

What attracted me to the Fierce is the three lugs. I had a Pierce and could not work it from the shoulder. It was S"sticky".

Oldelkhunter,

Thanks. I learned about them when looking for a three lug action. I called the company and they didn't have an answer for either question.

Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
butchlambert1,

What attracted me to the Fierce is the three lugs. I had a Pierce and could not work it from the shoulder. It was S"sticky".

Oldelkhunter,

Thanks. I learned about them when looking for a three lug action. I called the company and they didn't have an answer for either question.

I am wondering if they eject a round properly since they are an exact dup of the sako action.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
butchlambert1,

Oldelkhunter,

I have never seen a 3 lug operate as smoothly as a 2 lug. Anything can happen.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My Weatherby and Klienguenther put my Pierce to shame. Both are three lug actions.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good for you.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My buddy jumped on that bandwagon and bought two of the Fierce rifles. They are pieces of excrement. They guaranteed a 1/2" group with Federal copper hunting bullet loads. They wouldn't shoot better than 1 1/2" with ANYTHING- either one. The trigger slam fired etc. I told him to send them back but he thinks they look cool- they don't look like anything sitting in his gunsafe!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just bought a custom rifle using a Fierce action a few days ago. It is basically a sako 85 clone with R700 scope base spacing. They are supposed to be all edm cut and be an "improvement" on the stock 85's. I know about nothing else about them.

Mine was not built by Fierce and is a Bartlein 2b in a wildcat shortened 7rsaum case. I put the first 50 rds down it today and it feeds from the Fierce dbm perfectly and ejects loaded and fired rounds perfectly despite this odd ball case that by all indications should be a nightmare . Accuracy with the provided 168 and 180 Bergers where hovering around 3/8" but again it was built by a quality gunsmith.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I just bought a custom rifle using a Fierce action a few days ago. It is basically a sako 85 clone with R700 scope base spacing. They are supposed to be all edm cut and be an "improvement" on the stock 85's. I know about nothing else about them.

Mine was not built by Fierce and is a Bartlein 2b in a wildcat shortened 7rsaum case. I put the first 50 rds down it today and it feeds from the Fierce dbm perfectly and ejects loaded and fired rounds perfectly despite this odd ball case that by all indications should be a nightmare . Accuracy with the provided 168 and 180 Bergers where hovering around 3/8" but again it was built by a quality gunsmith.

All EDM cut? Naw that can't happen, but to the great unwashed it sounds good.
Not jumping you, but it didn't happen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only three lug action I'm going to try is the new Curtis Customs Axiom action. http://www.curtiscustom.com/product/axiom-4/

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
MallardAddict,

Congrats, man. And good shootin'.

Everyday Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
655 members (12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 76 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.