Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell him "NO!", then shoot him for asking. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If the doctor can ask you about guns to "evaluate your medical situation" then it is equally valid for us to ask about how often he takes drug company kickbacks to "evaluate his medical situation."

Some of that [b][color:#3333FF]is reported and ready[/color][/b] for look-up

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If the doctor can ask you about guns to "evaluate your medical situation" then it is equally valid for us to ask about how often he takes drug company kickbacks to "evaluate his medical situation."

Some of that [b][color:#3333FF]is reported and ready[/color][/b] for look-up

I can see medical privacy (HIPPA) going out the back door when it comes to guns.

If they ask, don't tell. They need to bring back "Don't ask, don't tell", but that was for a different, more policitally correct scenario...

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is nothing more than politicizing the doctors office.

Thet trying to make Guns in the home a "boogie man". Are they asking whether you have a swimming pool or hot tub? Children are 30-100x more likely to drown in a home pool than from a gun accident.

Do they ask about using cell phones while driving?

What about asking whether you have a properly secured car seat?

This is the Anti's way to try to do what they can't do otherwise.

I think if my doctor would ask if I had guns in the house, I'd ask him if he was going to write me a prescription for some ammo.

Don

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is nothing more than politicizing the doctors office.

Thet trying to make Guns in the home a "boogie man". Are they asking whether you have a swimming pool or hot tub? Children are 30-100x more likely to drown in a home pool than from a gun accident.

Do they ask about using cell phones while driving?

What about asking whether you have a properly secured car seat?

This is the Anti's way to try to do what they can't do otherwise.

I think if my doctor would ask if I had guns in the house, I'd ask him if he was going to write me a prescription for some ammo.

Don

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Fubarski
"The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found that the law does not trespass on patients' Second Amendment rights to own guns and noted a patient who doesn't want to be questioned about that can easily find another doctor."

And a queer can easily find another baker/florist.

and of course, just try to find another doctor. Ain't all that easy these days.
Nope. Short lists are made available to you on all but luxury insurance policies, and many of them are not taking new patients.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

Tracy, the problem that caused the law about doctors asking about guns, was not when you are at the docs, but when your kids are. Doctors, particularly the pediatricians, are rabidly anti gun, and parents got tired of the constant tirades, the constant questions to children, the constant prying into family business.
Kids trust the doctor, and tell them everything.

What is a kid doing going into the Dr.'s office by himself? I am sure mine never did.

By law a minor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. I cant see a 17 yo kid otherwise.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My answer would be, I HATE GUNS, AND PEOPLE WHO USE THEM....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will be hard for me to lie because I hunted with my Primary care Doc for 25 years. That said I doubt he will ask.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

Tracy, the problem that caused the law about doctors asking about guns, was not when you are at the docs, but when your kids are. Doctors, particularly the pediatricians, are rabidly anti gun, and parents got tired of the constant tirades, the constant questions to children, the constant prying into family business.
Kids trust the doctor, and tell them everything.

What is a kid doing going into the Dr.'s office by himself? I am sure mine never did.

By law a minor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. I cant see a 17 yo kid otherwise.

sigh. I have been fighting this fight for years in Florida. Yes there is usually parent in the room. That did not stop the gestapo like questioning. Most, or at least, many parents went along, answering the doctor's questions, because, well, we trust our doctors, and we are programmed to believe in our doctors, and we want to get along with or doctors.
Now I know many of our rabid, deplorable crowd here don't take no chit from any doctors or anyone else, but there are millions and millions that are not like us, that do what authority figures tell us to do, and just spill out any info asked for.
Folks like us, here in Florida, got the legislature to try and curb this abuse of trust for political ends.
It's not over.

Sam......

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Simple enough just to tell the Doc GFY.
That's what I tell 'em..

They can ask - doesn't mean I MUST reply...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I've never been asked

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I saw a report a doctor I had been doing business with which had a lot of the "standard" questions on it, such as did I use illegal drugs, suffer from depression, have a drinking problem, etc. The answer to these on the sheet was "Patient denies this" Even though the doctor did not speak English as his first language, I took this to mean he was calling me a liar, as did my insurance agent - to whom the report was addressed.

For this and other reasons, I no longer deal with this doctor.

Didn't ask about guns, though.

Mike

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many years ago, Miss Manners, who always insisted on being polite, even in the face of rudeness, suggested answering rude questions with, "Why would you want to know that?"

Another good answer would be, "No, but I've got two on me right now."

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
"Why would you want to know that?"

Exactly. Most probably don't even know why they're asking.

It's the same answer I give to store clerks when they ask for my personal information.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When, exactly, did it become socially incorrect to answer "That is none of your business"?
(That said, my doctor knows I used to hunt coyotes on her grandad's ranch.)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bigger the city the smaller the people.

I can't imagine any of the doctors at the clinic in the small logging town that I go to asking about your guns unless they wanted to borrow one.

One of the nurses did ask me about seat belt use one time. I simply told her it was none of her business. She laughed and said "that's what everyone says" but we have to ask if we don't want to loose some of our state funding.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The law in most cases has been that asking anything is OK.

Demanding an answer is NOT!

Being treated differently for a lack of an answer is unlawful. Asking is OK for just about anything.

In dealing with any tentacle of government you can invoke the 5th amendment right to not give statements that MAY incriminate you!

Doctors do not have greater legal powers then cops or prosecutors.

Last edited by szihn; 02/20/17.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
I have never been asked in Wyoming or Arizona, probably because almost everyone is armed to the teeth, including the doctor. Waste of time to even ask. grin

my guy works for the banner health system. They like long questionaires. The gun thing is one of the questions. Also have you been or are currently depressed.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I ain't got no guns!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,807 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,367
Posts18,469,093
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.