-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been looking for decent buys on various parts for another build on my last lower............looks like lots of suppliers are out of stock on a lot of items, particularly stripped uppers, buffers, recoil springs, etc., barrels seem to come & go depending on specifics.

At least on the better stuff that I'm looking for.

Strong demand? Low inventory because of the time of year? Thoughts?

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of parts out there, finding everything at one place can be a challenge. I ended up with 3-4 different orders to get the parts I needed for a 9mm ar build. Granted I wanted something pretty specific because it's for my wife smile . Next will be the tax stamp and can.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
MM,

I've notices the same thing. Try to buy a stripped upper from a AR maker these days and it seem like none have any for sale. I think this is demand driven. I think tHey need the upper receivers to meet demand for completed assemblies.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There's stuff there but it's most either low end or very high end.

I just used a Viltor MUR recently & those are more or less available at any given time, but I was planning a Spike's M4 upper for the current planed build & there are simply none to be had that I can find except at a couple of fly-by-nighters that I don't want to do business with............Spike's direct, is actually saying 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Probably just end up with a Midwest, RRA or Black Rain upper & call it good.

Barrels are off & on...........got a WOA recently in stock but I had talked to them 2-3 times to stay in touch with when they would be available & it actually took almost 2 months from the 1st inquiry.

New build will likely be a lower cost barrel targeted for the use, but likely a Faxon & they seem more or less available, of if not, the wait is not more than a couple of weeks.

I really didn't figure that the demand level would be /is so high right now.

MM

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you're interested in a 6.8, I have literally everything for a lightweight 6.8 except the lower. I changed my mind. It's all LW/CF/titanium.

ARP scout barrel with bolt and thread protector
Rubber city adjustable LW bolt carrier
Aero upper
Strike industries red FA/CH/mag release/buffer tube
Titanium gas block
Clark 12" CF free float tube
Spike gas tube
SI dust cover
Minamilast stock with red/black paracord tied
RRA trigger
Tango down 18 grip
Standard parts kit for misc items not mentioned
JP tuned spring
RRA carbine buffer (I think)

If your interested, shoot me a PM and we can discuss. I have pics of what the lower would look like.

Last edited by tarheelpwr; 02/21/17.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Theres lots of stuff out there, you just have to look for it. If you can't find it from a vendor, call the manufacturer.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
IMHO, some of it is recovery from the push of the last 3-4 years. The AR market has been surging at levels well above the norm.

With the election done, and a pause in the pressure (real or perceived), I think the industry is taking a collective knee. You are also only a month past Shot Show, and that generally means a directed push by manufactures to get new products out or on display there, and a prep for orders from Shot.

I suspect the market is also doing a bit of re-shuffling of priorities, the AR market is pretty saturated with complete guns. That money tree isn't providing the fruit it was two years ago.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
The other thing to consider is how brand specific do you want to be? As an example aero precision builds a ton of stuff that is rebranded, iirc they make spikes as well as SAA on the same machinery but with a different name. I am putting one together with readily available SAA parts and will keep it under $500.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Too many people doing "builds" I guess.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I tried to go to the gunshow a few weeks ago. It was so packed I couldn't find a place to park. After 30 minutes I bagged it and went home.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
MM,

I've notices the same thing. Try to buy a stripped upper from a AR maker these days and it seem like none have any for sale. I think this is demand driven. I think tHey need the upper receivers to meet demand for completed assemblies.

I think its because of all the 80% lowers getting knocked out, guys need uppers to go with them. Actually parts availability is pretty good right now. I'll be watching for sales and accumulating for the future.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.