Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
How does the CBC, and other Canadian media report on, and about Donald Trump?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you well.

Anyone who's listened to any CBC program will know that they have a very strong leftist bias and in their handling of the current US President they keep true to course.

That said, I would opine that overall it might be a tad more subdued than some of the US news channels we occasionally watch.

There's a fine line we walk up here as we balance keeping a separate identity from our southern neighbors while maintaining each other as major trade partners.

Our economic fortunes are inexorably linked to our relationship with the US and smarter Canucks don't forget that.

All the best to you all in the upcoming week wabigoon.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The CBC has the "liberal agenda" it speaks for itself.
Many Canadians like Trump and agree with his policies.
His...
made in usa/gun control/immigration/illegals...policies are being noticed here by the people, we need the same policies here and quit destroying the fabric of this nation.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I've never heard a good thing about him on tv here. Pretty much anti trump.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here at home I'm a staunch Conservative (i.e. equivalent to Republican light). In spite of this I think the media here devotes too much space to Trump. For a smart business man he doesn't seem to be able to identify his own shortcomings and do anything to correct them. I get tired of hearing about some of his crazy ideas and his egotism.

I really believe he is going cause major problems in the world before he is done.

JIm

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What sort of "major problems" are you referring to?
Whats a "crazy idea"??

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
In the 2016 election we were offered two unpalatable choices. Given that, my support was for the one most likely to be impeached and that was and is, Donald Trump.
Reporting on Trump's actions is mostly negative but it's pretty hard to find anything positive to report. We are still waiting for the day that the president refrains from telling a lie or saying something stupid on Twitter. GD

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They all say stupid things that hedge the truth, obama did that constantly pertaining to firearms to further his agenda.
I think tightening border security is a positive news story, dont you?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It's a smokescreen intended to salve national paranoia and it's implementation of dubious value. Ultimately, it becomes another example of Americans turning away from freedom and liberty in the interest of "security". Obama did distort the facts to fit his agenda but did not indulge in the transparent falsehoods to no apparent purpose that Trump seems to favour. It is almost embarrassing to listen to a Trump news conference.
In many ways, it would be nice if he could turn it around because there is great potential for significant economic benefits from an administration which is pro-American regarding business. I would imagine that all of those big companies who have their goods manufactured in China or other offshore locales might disagree with this.
Don't misunderstand, I am thrilled that Hillary was blocked out. I just wish the alternative could have been someone with a small amount of integrity.
Trump will start getting positive press when he starts producing positive press and resisting the urge to look stupid. GD

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I see my Canadian friends mostly have a realistic view of Trump and his policies - that he is a dangerous, unstable, and ignorant psychopath that is going to cause major global problems if he isn't stopped. Fortunately, many people who were deluded by his grand promises are now seeing him as the lying egomaniac that he is and taking measures to get rid of him. Our big question now is whether he just quits and takes his toys home when he realises that he is ineffective and his approval rating is in the mud, whether he will stroke out or die of a heart attack, or whether he will be impeached. Doesn't much matter as long as it happens sooner rather than later.
We American people were forced to choose between 2 terrible politicians and let this be our wake-up call that we must do better. It's not just liberals who hate him...

Last edited by smong2000; 02/20/17.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not all your "Canadian friends" agree with you. Trump will make mistakes but he is a breath of fresh air who looks like he will do a lot of good. Fixing a corrupt system will take time and there will be a lot of turmoil as it happens.

Gerry.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Not all your "Canadian friends" agree with you. Trump will make mistakes but he is a breath of fresh air who looks like he will do a lot of good. Fixing a corrupt system will take time and there will be a lot of turmoil as it happens.

+1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

+2

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
It's a smokescreen intended to salve national paranoia and it's implementation of dubious value. Ultimately, it becomes another example of Americans turning away from freedom and liberty in the interest of "security". Obama did distort the facts to fit his agenda but did not indulge in the transparent falsehoods to no apparent purpose that Trump seems to favour. It is almost embarrassing to listen to a Trump news conference.
In many ways, it would be nice if he could turn it around because there is great potential for significant economic benefits from an administration which is pro-American regarding business. I would imagine that all of those big companies who have their goods manufactured in China or other offshore locales might disagree with this.
Don't misunderstand, I am thrilled that Hillary was blocked out. I just wish the alternative could have been someone with a small amount of integrity.
Trump will start getting positive press when he starts producing positive press and resisting the urge to look stupid. GD

Thanks greydog
Lets give him a chance, he does say stupid things, lets see if he does stupid things. I for one would like to see more quality goods made in the USA available here, I'm willing to pay more. I would rather see stuff made in Canada but,,,, I hope that will follow as a spin off from his made in USA policies and I'm hoping its gonna help here too.
Looks like he's a man of his word...

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
+3

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L

No.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
+4
I think he is a master at playing/using the media while getting to the job at hand. Time will tell, but he was easily the best/only choice. That anyone could think Hilary was the answer astounds me!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last years US election was a case of making a choice between two poor candidates. I'm just glad I wasn't voting in that one. There are times we have been faced with similar circumstances and it was a case of holding your nose and picking one. Trump may have some good ideas but he certainly does not make a good salesman.
As one old saying goes "may you live in interesting times".

Jim

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I think Trump will be good over all for the usa... look at the reverse the big 3 pulled in sending plants to Mexico. I think he sees the big picture but loses sight off the minutia of the message. ... and that makes him come off as crass and arrogant.
I like his stance on illegals, America first, guns etc.... but he definitely needs to work on how he delivers the message and definitely has to let the media roll like water off a ducks back. SNL skits and his reaction to them are cringeworthy. ..

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I am happy he got elected just to know Hillary cried and the media got called out. We are no better off here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 3,210 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.