J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by victoro
" Feel bad for him in a way, but acknowledge his actions led to his situation."

So you think GZ got what he deserved. What actions of his do you believe led to his situation? He didn't do anything illegal or stupid that caused TM to attack him. Did you watch the trial or did you form your opinion based on what you saw or heard from the news media?

Yep, he followed and reported a suspicious pos in the neighbor. I sure wish more folks would.

Didnt TM say something like "yo azz is mine". When the lead hit him, i wonder if those words crossed his mind.

I don't know if those words did. But that bullet sure did.

A facial video of TMs recognition after the initial transmission would be priceless.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mohick
He's been in the news almost yearly since sometimes more often. He done a good thing but is jsut a thug himself!!

If you actually knew anything about what happened before GZ shot TM your opinion might mean something. GZ's best friend at the time was a Federal LEO that had nothing but good things to say about him at the trial. I watched every minute of the trial.

Is that you, George?

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If George's best friend was an LEO, why would he let George buy a Keltec P11?
I guess it did the deed but.......

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Good old George, he is misunderstood!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just another "wanta be cop" either couldn't make the grade or something else, if not a "want a be" he needs to move somewhere and stay inside and s t f u

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
He would have been taken out in the first week...

Originally Posted by bea175
George should move to the Chicago Target Rich West Side and buy a Glock 17 this time

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another vic of the fake news era. George deserves a medal. Hard to believe how many pussy commies frequent this site. Topics like this really bring them to light.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The facts support that George put himself in a situation that led to an attack"

What facts are those? If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

1) TM was a trespasser in a gated community and his Dad didn't live there, he climbed a fence to get in.
2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM. He was coming home from the grocery store and saw TM walking through the front yard of a home that had been burglarized a couple of weeks earlier looking into the windows.
3) GZ pulled over the curb and called 911 to report a suspicious person.
4) When TM realized GZ was watching him he took off running into the darkness telling his girlfriend on his cell phone that "some crazy ass cracka is following me".
5) GM told the 911 operator that TM ran off and he was going go see if he could figure out where he went so he could tell the cops when they arrived. Even though he was armed he had no intention of confronting TM. The dispatcher told him "We don't need you to do that" and testified that they are trained to say that for liability reasons.
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM. When he saw GZ he came out of his hiding place and sucker punched him knocking him down. He then got on top of GM and tried to beat him to death.
7) TM was a violent thug, a burglar, a drug dealer/user, and a gun dealer. The sorry judge blocked all the defense's evidence that proved all these things because she did not want an acquittal in her courtroom. TM would have ended up dead or in prison sooner or later anyway. TM's Dad was a gang member in St. Louis in his younger days. He was a Crip or Blood, I don't remember which.

It's not against the law to follow a suspicious person until the cops arrive and I've done the same thing in my own neighborhood. Just because I want to protect my neighbors doesn't make me a "cop wannabe".

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Another vic of the fake news era. George deserves a medal. Hard to believe how many pussy commies frequent this site. Topics like this really bring them to light.

EXACTLY!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
George's mistake was that he let the kid punch him in the face.
Treyvon confronted George, and said "Do you have a problem?"
And George said "No I don't have a problem."
And Treyvon said "Well you have a problem now."

That translates to, "I am about to kick your ass cracker."
At that moment, the most critical moment of George's life, George should have punched the guy right in the face, or ribs.
George's situational awareness was poor.
Rather than standing and fighting, he called 911 again on the cell phone, making him an easy target for Treyvon.
Perhaps George didn't know how to fight.

In that event he should have trained in jiu jitsu or Japanese karate for several years before he went out on the street to confront criminals like Treyvon.

And I have no doubt that Treyvon was a burglar, he had been caught at school with burglary tools in his backpack.

After George got knocked to the ground he did everything right. The media likes to skip this point but Treyvon was much taller, he had about 6 inches in height on George.
Treyvon got George down and grabbed him by the shoulders, and was pounding his head into the concrete.
Two or three head strikes like that and you are dead.

George was perfectly justified in shooting the young black criminal at that point.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 02/20/17.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mohick
Just another "wanta be cop" either couldn't make the grade or something else, if not a "want a be" he needs to move somewhere and stay inside and s t f u

You have bought into the progressive fascist lies that elected Tyrant Obama the Liar for his second term. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Zimmerman did nothing wrong. He was a member of the community watch and did exactly what they trained him to do. He observed a suspicious person and reported them to the police. It was the thug Travon who decided to teach the "crazy axes cracker" a lesson and tried to kill Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't use his weapon until after after Travon had used deadly force against him and attempted to take away his gun. The persecution proved he was not guilty by the time the rested their case against him which means he shouldn't have been brought to trial, that the trial was for political purposes only to help Tyrant Obama the Liar's reelection.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/20/17.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
when two trainloads of stupid collide...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Rather than standing and fighting, he called 911 again on the cell phone, making him an easy target for Treyvon.
Perhaps George didn't know how to fight."

Where did you get that information from??? GM didn't call 911 after he was sucker punched and knocked down. It's hard to fight when your laying on your back with somebody sitting on you punching you in the face and head. GZ didn't confront TM, he was just trying to locate him for the cops.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I watched some of the trial, too.

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law, I knew then and there he couldn't be convicted.

In a room full of liberals, I turned to my buddy and said "If they follow the letter of the law, they can't convict him. The jury cannot return a guilty verdict".

Must of had twenty pairs of stink-eye on me. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Didn't he try to auction off the gun he used?

So what?

Nothing really.

Just seems like a strange move.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by toad
when two trainloads of stupid collide...

That is the most accurate statement about the situation

Congrats Sir
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I watched some of the trial, too.

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law,

GZ was not in his home or place of business.
just being on another street in his own gated community doesnt amount to being in his own residence-dwelling.

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.013 Home protection; use or threatened use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using or threatening to use
defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used or threatened was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered,
a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
(b) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder,
and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or
(b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force
is used or threatened; or
(c) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force is engaged in a criminal activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further a criminal activity; or
(d) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence,
or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using or threatening to use force
knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
(3) A person who is attacked in his or her dwelling, residence, or vehicle has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use or threaten to use force, including deadly force,
if he or she uses or threatens to use force in accordance with s. 776.012(1) or (2) or s. 776.031(1) or (2).
(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act
involving force or violence.
(5) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it,
including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.
(b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.
(c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

1) TM was a trespasser in a gated community and his Dad didn't live there, he climbed a fence to get in.

TM left his fathers fiancees house to go to the shop and return , that would already make him a guest of a resident of that gated community
so how is his presence considered trespassing? Was it established at trial that TM was being unlawful and actually trespassing?

2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM.

LoL...So neighborhood watch people 'clock off'?...I don't think so, a NW community is about residents keeping an eye out at any time of day or night.

Zimmerman has been caught trespassing on commercial property after close of business. He then lied to police and told them he was the hired security guard
for the property.... evidently the disturbed fool NEVER turns off from watching people and places.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
George; bless his heart realized a potential criminal was possibly casing the neighborhood. I don't care to hear any BS about profiling. Profiling is absolutely necessary in law enforcement. Young men, a lot of them non-white commit the most property crimes and violence and therefore get the most attention. I was a Louisiana Game Warden for 30 years. We profiled, just so happens in our business young white men with greasy hair, tattoos, and raggedy boats got our attention. Grandpa and Grandma fishing with cane poles got very little notice from us. Trayvon was feeling disrespected and decided to play the knockout game. He failed to knock out George, and to his embarrassment found out that nerd was packing heat. The deal in Ferguson MO was also a failed knockout attempt. Same result. Folks need to realize that a a man packing a gun cannot allow himself to be overpowered.
As to George's subsequent behavior, I firmly believe he suffers from a form of PTSD. Killing a person would cause a lot of soul searching and second guessing I would think. Glad I made my career w/o killing anybody.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GZs history of questionable behaviour before shooting TM is not much better than his behavior after the fact.
hes a bit of a wannabe retard.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.