Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Helps to shut the front door, if your house is on fire.

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Holy Christ, you can't make that kind of stupid up.

OMG, its been awhile since I was in trailer park country. Forgot about that...

Trailers are tinderboxes. Nothing in a trailer nor house is worth dying for. Everything will be BADLY smoke damaged.
Thank God everybody survived.

Last edited by Wyogal; 02/21/17.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by westside_benny
This isn't a real story, is it?

Yes.

Sooo, yes it isn't a real story? crazy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
was this the same guy that bounced your paychecks.........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread is full of win.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's been some threads on the fire where I've learned some interesting stuff.

NEXT!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman,

Have you ever considered an exorcism?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey ringy ! You ever figer out which woman woke you up ? who's wife it was , or was she even married to anyone there ? or just there to party and swing???????? Sounds like a pretty interesting evening, were drugs involved???

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It sounds like you are making this up. And we all think you are. Put down the crack pipe and walk away.

Do you often visit a trailer park? Lady of the house? shocked

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Is he (Ringman) that ass hole Maser in disguise?

Last edited by CEJ1895; 02/22/17.

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Originally Posted by westside_benny
This isn't a real story, is it?

Yes.

Sooo, yes it isn't a real story? crazy

The story is quite true. The characters are all real. Both couples are still married to the same person.

The idea of not going back into a burning house is a great suggestion. I will not do that again unless it is to save a person not a thing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bubbajay

No. But I did work for him once while unemployed. It was some of the most fun I ever had on a job. We went to the woods and cut down permitted dead trees for firewood. After limbing them we would buck them into eight foot length and carry them on a shoulder back to the truck. I was in the best shape of my life.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bubbajay

No. But I did work for him once while unemployed. It was some of the most fun I ever had on a job. We went to the woods and cut down permitted dead trees for firewood. After limbing them we would buck them into eight foot length and carry them on a shoulder back to the truck. I was in the best shape of my life.

You were unemployed because the guy who bounced your paychecks - and your wife's paychecks because you were fool enough to get her hired by the same place that already didn't honor paying their employees... and then you went and worked for the same guy again?

Here's your sign.....

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Ringman can and does quite often.

Bigbuck, you are such a good Christian, I can hardly believe your gentleness and kindness.

Good Christian?

Is there a difference in what you call a good Christian and a bad Christian? Definition of both in the bible?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wyogal
[quote=Steelhead]Holy Christ, you can't make that kind of stupid up.

OMG, its been awhile since I was in trailer park country. Forgot about that...

Trailers are tinderboxes. Nothing in a trailer nor house is worth dying for. Everything will be BADLY smoke damaged.
Thank God everybody survived. [/quote

1.5" framing does not hold up against heat very well.....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke. I got up and went to the back of the trailer house and discovered the water heater area was engulfed in flames. I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband. I got the kids out to one of the cars and counted them. Later my daughter told me they were counted by all four adults.

Some one called the fire department. While we were waiting the adults started carrying things out of the house hoping we could save somethings. Then I noticed the other adults were coughing. To my surprise none of them were bending over to stay below the smoke. The smoke was a heavy layer about four and a half feet above the floor.

So if you're doing that in a fire bend over.

Another thing, I think it was last year, is a first responder pulled a woman from an car at a collision scene. She was so badly mutilated he didn't realize it was his own daughter. What happened is she was struck from behind knocking her car into the oncoming lane of highway traffic.

This reminded me to keep your steering wheels straight until you actually start moving forward.

Anyone have more to add?

Woke to the smell of smoke? Not the smoke alarm going off?

Any smoke alarms installed?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke. I got up and went to the back of the trailer house and discovered the water heater area was engulfed in flames. I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband. I got the kids out to one of the cars and counted them. Later my daughter told me they were counted by all four adults.

Some one called the fire department. While we were waiting the adults started carrying things out of the house hoping we could save somethings. Then I noticed the other adults were coughing. To my surprise none of them were bending over to stay below the smoke. The smoke was a heavy layer about four and a half feet above the floor.

Another thing, I think it was last year, is a first responder pulled a woman from an car at a collision scene. She was so badly mutilated he didn't realize it was his own daughter. What happened is she was struck from behind knocking her car into the oncoming lane of highway traffic.

This reminded me to keep your steering wheels straight until you actually start moving forward.

Anyone have more to add?

Ain't no smoke alarms in the trailer park!

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Ain't no smoke alarms in the trailer park!

Correct, but there may be a few alarms... heat sensitive though, not smoke alarms. wink

[Linked Image]

John

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Ringman can and does quite often.

Bigbuck, you are such a good Christian, I can hardly believe your gentleness and kindness.

Good Christian?

Is there a difference in what you call a good Christian and a bad Christian? Definition of both in the bible?

I was being facetious. Do you appeal to the Bible because you believe It to be True? There are no bad Christians.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

Anyone have more to add?

This happened in 1977. I never heard of them back then. Certainly the owner of the house would have had them if they existed. He was a fireman.

Everyday Hunter
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,012 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.