Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
I can't believe they had a dancing ban??

Damn Lutherans

I grew up hearing my dad say that all the time. Especially when we were taking our Sunday drive to Wisconsin so he could get a bottle and some beer because my uncles were coming over to shoot.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
BP-B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, 2 six packs. Went to one of the distributors and they only sold beer by the case.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, 2 six packs. Went to one of the distributors and they only sold beer by the case.

Lol, yes cases only in distributor...and no blow jobs smile

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
In TN, we went to a tittybar. You couldn't buy a beer in there but you could go right next door, buy a beer and bring it in the tittybar and drink it. What's up with that?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not uncommon to drive past one of the local watering holes and see 3-4 locals standing outside passing around a bottle.

At 9 AM on a Sunday morning.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Baptist in East Texas are against sex standing up.........
they're afraid it will lead to dancing.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Rooster7
In TN, we went to a tittybar. You couldn't buy a beer in there but you could go right next door, buy a beer and bring it in the tittybar and drink it. What's up with that?

That must be something new. The ones in Memphis use to sell beer ($5 each in the late 80s) and you had to be drinking/buying or get kicked out.

You can't buy liquor here on Sunday from a store, but you can buy beer after noon. Restaurants are allowed to sell cocktails and beer after noon on Sunday. No beer or liquor sells allowed after midnight any night. And then some counties are still dry and allow no alcohol sales at all. Some cities are in multiple counties and you can buy it on one side of the street but not the other. Crazy laws.

Last edited by KoolBreeze; 02/22/17.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
This was in Knoxville around 2001.

You can buy liquor and regular strength beer after noon on Sunday at bars that serve food in MN. Just no off sale (take home) unless you want 3.2 slop from the gas station.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's very common in the south.

They don't have a license to sell but the law allows you to bring your own inside.

It applies to lot of restaurants too.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
It's not uncommon to drive past one of the local watering holes and see 3-4 locals standing outside passing around a bottle.

Maybe it's native communion

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by deflave
How about a gas station that sells beer?

Dave
yeah-but you're not supposed to drink the ethanol out of the gas pumps, Travis-did you run out of mouthwash and rubbing alcohol?

No.

I ran out of beer.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Jager or cheap vodka!

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

Jager or cheap vodka!

Blood of Christ

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

That's very common in the south.

They don't have a license to sell but the law allows you to bring your own inside.

It applies to lot of restaurants too.

Dave

Strange

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm all for freedom and all,....but if they didn't control liquor up in the depressing, frozen wasteland known as Minnesota, they'd have to spend every day scooping drunks up off the sidewalk with a fuggin' front loader.

Cain't nobody live up in that mess without drankin'. The front loader operators need at least one day a week off.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

No liquor license probably, we have that here...Fire depts have events, free beer but the glass/cup is $15...they can't sell it. Some places are bring your own beer/wine, but can't sell it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm all for freedom and all,....but if they didn't control liquor up in the depressing, frozen wasteland known as Minnesota, they'd have to spend every day scooping drunks up off the sidewalk with a fuggin' front loader.

Cain't nobody live up in that mess without drankin'. The front loader operators need at least one day a week off.

It is a time honored tradition to make booze runs to neighboring states. Wisconsin,Iowa, N & S Dakota all have bottle shops close to the border.
They use to quit selling off sale liquor at 8 pm. Wisconsin was midnight or 1 am. Made a lot of 11 pm drunken runs to Wisconsin to get another case and a bottle.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
depressing, frozen wasteland known as Minnesota,

We like to let people think that to keep the riff raff out. We also enjoy having teeth.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

It is a time honored tradition to make booze runs to neighboring states. Wisconsin,Iowa, N & S Dakota all have bottle shops close to the border.
They use to quit selling off sale liquor at 8 pm. Wisconsin was midnight or 1 am. Made a lot of 11 pm drunken runs to Wisconsin to get another case and a bottle.

I've always thought it was easier to just buy more on Saturday.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

That ain't a state thing. Every tit bar I've been in you could buy beer at.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
427 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,917
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.