Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
He's got some 77 and 55 grain ammo, I've loaded 55 gr NBTs and my 223ai is a 22" bolt gun. Won't be apples to apples but it might surprise me.

Or not...

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

That's also what I am wondering about -- what it will do in a bolt action rifle over the 223AI in which case you can also shoot standard 223 ammo. I would expect it'll beat the AI but probably not much more than 100-125 fps..(?)

Thats what I'm wondering George...and I think the bolt face on a .22 Nosler isn't the standard .378..necessitating a bolt face Mod at least....might be too much trouble for an extra 100-150 fps..if it gets that at all..

Of course, Im biased towards the .223AI anyway...... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ingwe

That's also what I am wondering about -- what it will do in a bolt action rifle over the 223AI in which case you can also shoot standard 223 ammo. I would expect it'll beat the AI but probably not much more than 100-125 fps..(?)

Thats what I'm wondering George...and I think the bolt face on a .22 Nosler isn't the standard .378..necessitating a bolt face Mod at least....might be too much trouble for an extra 100-150 fps..if it gets that at all..

Of course, Im biased towards the .223AI anyway...... whistle

Uh, it's .378 Pooby...just like the 222 Magnum.

It has a case capacity between the PPC and BR 22s, so that will be your velocity increase.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Holy fhuqking dog schit,the mind numbing fhuqking STUPIDITY that is rampant here...is without fhuqking peer! WOW +P+++!!!

The 22 Nuzzler is easily amongst THE dumbest fhuqking schit to come along,in quite some time. The '15's bane is COAL latitude,so Nuzzler's opening move,is to "design" a cartridge case of even greater length than a fhuqking 223 and shovel it out for DUMB Fhuqks to swoon?!? EPIC fhuqking humor!

ONLY Nuzzler would "design" a cartridge,that won't even shoot their very own fhuqking boolits! Laffin'!

All they had to do,was the obvious and connect dots...but the STUPID fhuqks couldn't even do that "much". Funnier yet,that they already offer parent brass(though it is dog schit).

Pass the Lapooey and get outta da' fhuqking way. Hint.

[Linked Image]

1000 words.

[Linked Image]

Magfed smooches ala 75 ELD at 3050fps from a 20" spout. Pardon the .467BC and 1225yd transonic slip,as per today's atmospherics. 12.1 Mils of ele to same,from a 250yd zero(+1.4" at the Hunnert). Hint. Google it.

[Linked Image]

It prolly ain't shabby,when stoked with a magfed .243" 108gr ELD's .536BC either. Re-Hint.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,the Nuzzler 77gr CC is fhuqking HILARIOUS,with it's Ping Pong Ball .340BC! A 75 ELD loaded backwards,would trump that "performance"! Hell...a fhuqking Tipped 69gr SMK smokes that. FUNNY schit!

[Linked Image]

The 108 ELD fhuqking smokes the 105 RDF ugly style in actuality(atmospherics and Precision) and now some folks are gonna muse that Nuzzler is gonna do a 6mm Gasser Goat Fhuqk next?!? I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laffin' sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't...bless your hearts.

Laffin'!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Does your dad know that you are on the internet?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The 22 Nosler is the same length case as the 223; unmodified, the sleekest pill is probably going to be the 75 BTHP Hornady in an AR.

The SPC mags might allow a little longer seat, as do specialty/modified mags to shoot the tipped secant ogive models.

Nosler was also hedging bets that the cartridge could be chambered in the more common .378 boltface platforms.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Boxer
Holy fhuqking dog schit,the mind numbing fhuqking STUPIDITY that is rampant here...is without fhuqking peer! WOW +P+++!!!

The 22 Nuzzler is easily amongst THE dumbest fhuqking schit to come along,in quite some time. The '15's bane is COAL latitude,so Nuzzler's opening move,is to "design" a cartridge case of even greater length than a fhuqking 223 and shovel it out for DUMB Fhuqks to swoon?!? EPIC fhuqking humor!

ONLY Nuzzler would "design" a cartridge,that won't even shoot their very own fhuqking boolits! Laffin'!

All they had to do,was the obvious and connect dots...but the STUPID fhuqks couldn't even do that "much". Funnier yet,that they already offer parent brass(though it is dog schit).

Pass the Lapooey and get outta da' fhuqking way. Hint.

[Linked Image]

1000 words.

[Linked Image]

Magfed smooches ala 75 ELD at 3050fps from a 20" spout. Pardon the .467BC and 1225yd transonic slip,as per today's atmospherics. 12.1 Mils of ele to same,from a 250yd zero(+1.4" at the Hunnert). Hint. Google it.

[Linked Image]

It prolly ain't shabby,when stoked with a magfed .243" 108gr ELD's .536BC either. Re-Hint.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,the Nuzzler 77gr CC is fhuqking HILARIOUS,with it's Ping Pong Ball .340BC! A 75 ELD loaded backwards,would trump that "performance"! Hell...a fhuqking Tipped 69gr SMK smokes that. FUNNY schit!

[Linked Image]

The 108 ELD fhuqking smokes the 105 RDF ugly style in actuality(atmospherics and Precision) and now some folks are gonna muse that Nuzzler is gonna do a 6mm Gasser Goat Fhuqk next?!? I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laffin' sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't...bless your hearts.

Laffin'!

are you married to Little Stick?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HawkI

Uh, it's .378 Pooby...just like the 222 Magnum.

It has a case capacity between the PPC and BR 22s, so that will be your velocity increase.

Good to know...if I ever stray from the .223AI grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What kind of velocities are you getting with 40 and 50 grain bullets out of your .223AI Ingwe?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Hi Larry. Thanks for chiming in.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Talked to my buddy today and while we didn't chronograph anything he said the people he knows that have are all getting about 3350 fps with the 55 gr Nosler ammo and one guy is getting 3400 fps with his reloads in their 18" barrels.

Not enough to get excited about for me, of course I've already got a 223AI...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

In my 16.5" AR with BLack Hills 223 Ammo and with a 52-gr BTHP I get 3100+ fps so maybe there is a 200 + fps advantage for the 22 Nosler taking in acct barrel length differences.

But in my 24" bolt action, even my 223 AI will easily get 3600+ fps with a 50-grain bullet.

And Big Stick, I...really don't care beyond 250-400 yards -- that's where coyotes in my country can be targeted if and when you can find them. Not every body is interested in carrying the mail to 800-1200 yard on any kind of game. But, at the longer ranges, I believe you have some answers.

I am not doubting your know knowledge or expertise if I can take your pic's and posts at face value (when I can actually understand them). Then,..in fact, I do learn from you.

My nterest here is for predators within 400 yds and under; mostly well under.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep I'm getting 3100 fps with 55's in my 16" AR's and my 223AI gets 3632 fps with 55's in my 22" Montana.

The 55's kill everything I hunt very well but the 75 gr A-max will be my choice in my 22-250 AI if for no other reason than to cheat.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

In my 16.5" AR with BLack Hills 223 Ammo and with a 52-gr BTHP I get 3100+ fps so maybe there is a 200 + fps advantage for the 22 Nosler taking in acct barrel length differences.

But in my 24" bolt action, even my 223 AI will easily get 3600+ fps with a 50-grain bullet.

And Big Stick, I...really don't care beyond 250-400 yards -- that's where coyotes in my country can be targeted if and when you can find them. Not every body is interested in carrying the mail to 800-1200 yard on any kind of game. But, at the longer ranges, I believe you have some answers.

I am not doubting your know knowledge or expertise if I can take your pic's and posts at face value (when I can actually understand them). Then,..in fact, I do learn from you.

My nterest here is for predators within 400 yds and under; mostly well under.

What do you think the drop and windage difference @ 400yds is going to be from an extra 150-200fps?

All else being equal.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The difference between my 22-250AI and my 223 is 600 fps and equates to 0.5 mil elevation and 0.6 mil windage at 400 yards.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jim Cumrag,

I get it,that you are easily amongst THE dumbest of fhuqks and are in wayyyyyyyyy over your head...but bless your heart for trying. It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't,so there is zero need for you to perpetually reiterate your colossal ineptitude and outright DUMBfhuqkery.

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is ALWAYS going to be best served by shutting the fhuqk up,takin' notes and applyin' same.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

Hawk',

LOVELY Theorum,but simply not true. I've yet to purchase a 223 Virgin that was anywhere near 1.760". Hint.

Long story short,Nuzzler fhuqked themselves right proper,by "designing" such an absolute Dog Schit case design and then rebating it to boot. The astute would always wish to incorporate superior brass to any/all things Nuzzler,because their schit is horrid as a BEST case scenario. By simply basing their new 224 offa the Grendel which they already build brass for,they would have knocked it out of the fhuqking Park. Why? Huge COAL latitude gains,which would enable the chambering to use boolits that are worth a fhuqk. In order to Plug & Play,all one would need to do different than their current Goat Fhuqk,is to score a bolt of repute,which is a breeze...even for someone as Stupid as you. Hint.

They prolly look like this.

[Linked Image]

Further,one could source from Hornady,Nuzzler,Norma and Lapooey brass,amongst a host of others...which means Lapooey. One reaps inherent Precision,longevity and vast superiority as opening moves,less a single concession. Hint.

Tough to beat ASC mags,for toughness,reliability and COAL...which is prolly why I dangled pics of same up above. 'Nother hint.

The 22 Nuzzler is incapable of keeping a good boolit's ogive above it's case mouth,due the jaw dropping STUPIDITY of their case "design". That includes ASC mags. 'Nother hint.

As a not so curious aside,the Montucky 84 in 223,wears a 308 length receiver and it is hardly "daunting",to gun upper echelon BC's from same,by simply arranging the magbox's COAL latitude,to run in synch with a Smooch of same. Though I can only speak to 'em in 223,223AI and 270...with 75A-Max being the shortest boolit incorporated within same. That in OEM,OEM setback/punched out and Custom Spouts. 'Nother hint.

75 A-Max at 2.445" Smooch ala OEM SALAMI Montucky spout(Samtucky).

[Linked Image]

75 A-Max at 2.460" Smooch ala 1-7" Rock and 223AI chamber(Rocktucky).

[Linked Image]

The Samtucky got shot out in rapid fashion and now wears a 8" Brux 270 spout and COAL is never less than a 2.450" Smooch with the 105A-Max,105 Hornie HPBT,105 Hybirds,RDF's or any of the ilk. Just sayin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

The hilarity of bumping 223-esque case length to .243" for '15 mag confines,is funnier than fhuqk and an absolute Pipe Dream. Nuzzler's STUPIDITY,never fhuqking disappoints in it's grandeur!

Pass MDT poly 10's and AM steel 5's there. Google it.

[Linked Image]

You gals are doing "great".

Wow +P+++!

Laffin'!

'175,

I'm more than happy to be that which your Imagination and it's Pretend,NEEDS most.

You be sure to set on your kchunt and work upon convincing yourself,that you've got even the foggiest notion of a first clue...which you assuredly do NOT. Congratulations?!?

Best wishes on your being able to dupe yourself.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

I've never even heard of a 223AI.

What is it?

Thanks!

TWR,

It's impossible to get giddy about Ping Pong Balls,at any velocity. Hell...I don't even form with 50's anymore and cut right to the chase with 75's.

Always funny to let The Paper Hat Brigade "discuss" things and obliviously quantify their fhuqking STUPIDITY,by simply doing their "best".(grin)

Now if only because it's a perpetual constant,that boolits matter farrrrrrrrrrrmore than headstamps,it's never not intellesting to shed some light upon same,for The Clueless Mushrooms.

The 22 Nuzzlers Swan Song is a 55NBT at 3350fps,which is hardly a BFD. That boolit,at that speed,wearing a 250yd zero(due Krunchenticker sight height,minimizing midrange woes),performs thusly.

400yds drop is 15",full value 10mph drift is 19.3" and impact velocity 2445fps.
600yd drop is 69",FV wind is 51.2" and velocity 1413fps.
1000yd drop is 452",FV wind is 188" and velocity 901fps.

Had they a single person at Nuzzler,who ACTUALLY shoots something other than their mouth and Imagination,they coulda necked the Grendel down and flung 75 ELD's and their .467BC at 3050fps and zero'd same,with miles of room to chase lands within the magbox.

400yd drop is 13.9",FV wind 11" and velocity 2549fps. The 75 ELD grabs the impact velocity advantage at the 200yd line and runs away with it from there. The 75 also nabs the wind drift advantage inside the 75yd line and never looks back. Impact velocity,wind drift and trajectory prolly do in fact matter.(grin)

600yd drop is 57",FV wind 27" and 1926fps impact.
1000yd drop is 272",FV wind is 89" and 1356fps impact.

The 75 is KING in 223,223AI,22-250 and 22-250AI...just to name a few. The 75 ELD sweetens the pot even more and is simply sensational in it's virtues,less a single concession.

The (3) MOST important things,in regards to ANY rifle is:

(1) Boolits
(2) Boolits
(3) Boolits

And roughly in that order.(grin)

Nuzzler hilariously dropped the ball,as per their always.

Bless their hearts.

Laffin'!

3rd,

I do not have a 223AI,except (13) of 'em. Have never seen one go as slow as you cite.

7,8,9,10,12 and 14" twist here. Tough to beat a 1-8" 21" and 50's will happily do 3750fps there. 75's at 3150fps. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Had Nuzzler simply necked down the Grendel,Dumbfhuqks coulda whistled Ping Pong Balls,while the astute were gunning the GOOD stuff(75's). Every .224 projectile they make,woulda/coulda been easily housed within' '15 mag confines and there would have been ZERO concessions. They got the cart soooo fhuqking far in front of the horse,that it is EPIC Fhuqking Humor +P++!

Doing so with the Grendel,woulda obviously left doors open to bump thangs up to .243" and still field excellence,again due to gross COAL latitude inherent the Grendel,within a '15's mag confines.

Shooting schit bullets,is NEVER a fhuqking "advantage",no matter how sweetly you try to convince yourself of that ruse becoming fruition. Designing things to swoon DUMB Fhuqks,ain't how dots get connected. Curtailing the good stuff by literal design,is nothing other than hilarious and Nuzzler exceeds in that AO(reliably).

In the field,wind drift factors HUGE...or at least should. Hint.

Launch velocity is a moot designator,though impact velocity weighs heavily. Hint.

A cartridge(ANY fhuqking cartridge),can't be any better than the BEST boolit available to it.

Twist/throat/COAL should walk hand in hand,regarding it's sanctity...or otherwise you are pissing up a rope. Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,if only because I shoot it all. Hint.

A well balanced handy/dandy 20" AR,that'll squirt magfed .467 BC Smooches at 3050fps,is gonna reliably be a Holy Terror and any/all victims of interest and by literal default,slams the door closed on Ping Pong Ball Launchers of like weight/length/balance.

You are fretting schit that don't exist and trying to purchase that which cannot be bought...which is proficiency. NOBODY that shoots even a smidge,would be in sucha haste to fhuqk up sooooooooo much schit that is easily arranged and muse the Nuzzler 22 other than as a punch line. Hint.

It is fascinating to me,how Dumb Fhuqks can "justify" their STUPIDITY and look to brandish it as an "advantage". You gals reliably manage to drop everything that matters and focus Fluff instead.

The ONLY fhuqking way a chambering becomes better in a '15,is by incorporating a case length that is LESS than the existing 223...which is horribly maligned in and of itself. One can't even use the best boolits in the .224" bore size,with 223 case length and that should be beyond GLARING to even Oprah and Martha Stewart,let alone folks who are TRYING to "talk" rifle particulars. Hint.

Knock 'er outta da' Park an cite how you are sighting said pieces of schit...mainly because that'll be fhuqking hilarious too. Hint.(grin)

I set the beverages on a Silver Platter ad it cracks me the fhuqk up,when folks don't partake.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

'flave,

As a longterm Mainstay,my Krieger 1-7.7" 22-250AI scoots 75A-Max at 3450fps,from it's 23" spout and that ain't a bad place to be. It's wearing a 250yd zero,as I was never one to get greedy there.

With a 75A-Max wearin' a Litz JBM default,it drops 12.4" at the 400yd line,drifts 13.8" in FV conditions and arrives the scene 29fps faster than my 20" Gasser's 75 ELD at 2299fps.

At 600yds the 22-250AI Litz A-Max drops 53"(4" less than the Gasser),drifts35"(8" more than the Gasser) and arrives at 1812fps...which is 114fps slower than the Gasser.

I reckon more than a few folks have whistled the 75A-Max at that speed and the extrapolation is powerful stuff,in regards to what'll exit an itty-bitty Gas Gun with a 75 ELD at 3050fps.(grin) 'Course I'm talkin' from The Shores of The Milford,which is a worst case scenario.

Of course the entire fleet will be updated/upgraded to the ELD,after the 'Max's are exhausted in their stashtitude. Said Gasser is squirtin' ELD's expressly and the approach will of course continue.

Now as a Smash & Grab Gasser goes,the approach's Merit/Theory is only exceeded in it's Application,as it is a right proper Mind Fhuqk and do take folks aback in it's inherent aptitude. Been more than a few checks cut this pass,after folks see 'er do it's thang in the flesh.

Conjoin the sanctity of throat/twist/COAL harmony and GREAT thangs will happen by literal default,less any downside. With glass given a thunk,a sane zero,schit be in DEEP DooDoo as an opening move. The BC bump from A-Max to ELD transition,is yet another scoop of goodness,heaped aboard an already exceptional platform.

WindowLickers will keep tryin' to talk the 22 Nuzzler purty.

Bless their hearts.

Laffin'!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey Stumpy... Is your abused Tacoma out of the body shop after you sat it up on its side or you just going to leave it that way, to leave an air of how "macho" you are?

by the way, how long did it take for you to set up all of these rifles just right for the picture and then put them up... in your usual zeal to try to impress everybody on how many of everything you have?

[Linked Image]

Glad to get a chance to catch up..... I was impressed that under your Schtick name that you have dedicated your once a day post to a SINGLE THREAD for going on 2 months.. that is dedication to tell everyone what idiots they are almost every day for 2 months...

Its almost like you're the Don Rickles of Coastal Alaska....
same bald bowling ball size head... you aren't Jewish like Rickles are ya?

how's that first grade spelling tutorial coming along.. I think we are all seeing a slight improvement, that or your Lab is back to typing your post for ya....

have a good day getting your stuff all rusty and important things like that....

cheers Stumpy...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
That was funny.....I dont care who you are.

I am MAGA.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep, boolits, boolits boolits.

Sometimes it's just as important to choose one that does less damage at calling range than to hit a coffee cup a mile away...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for that Larry. Always interesting.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 25 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,483
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.