Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by achadwick
AS,

You keep trying to pin the "religious" label on 4ager and me, but neither of us have used religion based arguments.

What else do you have?

I know both of you well enough to know the role you religion plays in your belief.

There is an organisation of absolutist pro-life atheist, but their membership is smaller than that of the Flat Earth Society.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's not about "running someone else's life."

It is about protecting another human's life from murder.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Let's push your argument to its logical conclusion, OK? You are fine with a mother killing her two hear old toddler because the mother is running her own life, right? After all, most of us can hardly run our own lives well let alone someone else's.

Did I get that right?

Again, more equivocation between a mass of undifferentiated cells and a fully developed person.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Again, generally not defined as murder in this country, and you attempting to impose your religious concept of when person hood begin upon others.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
'...to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our POSTERITY...'

My standard response when commenting on this topic is:

'...For the most part Republicans raise up little republicans and Democrats raise up little Democrats....

and, since Roe V. Wade there has been something on the order of 55,000,000 abortions in the USofA.....

And, the lions share of those have been performed on those that call themselves Democrat or Liberal....

That's a lot of swing vote...'

What is amazing is the indignation that follows from the 'buttercups' when presented with the notion that liberals abort more than conservatives.....

It is reported by the Gutzmacher(SP) Institute that more black babies are aborted in NYC than are born.....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
So how long is a fetus really, truly a mass of undifferentiated cells? Biology gives us a very clear and straightforward answer to that question.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What, exactly, is a "fully developed person"?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't disagree with you, but what give you the right to decide someone else's fate? Isn't that God's job?

When you see someone spank their kid do you stop them?
Where does the line get drawn?

Again, we try to preach how Republicans are all about freedoms, unless it crosses the religious line, then we aren't.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JoeMama
Do Black Baby's Lives Matter?

18.7 million black babies killed by abortion.

Blacks comprise 13% of the population.

Blacks comprise 36% of the abortions.

Viewed through any rational lens this would be considered genocide.

But what is more important? The "narrative"? Or human lives?

So you want 18.7 million more people plus their babies collecting welfare?

Come on, AS. Are you saying that it is OK to kill someone if we think they might be on welfare someday? Putting aside the obvious moral issues raised there for a moment, you must see that that is a very slippery slope, no? After all, suppose we decide that it's OK to kill under employed economists because they might one day go on welfare too. You wouldn't want that, would you?

I, for one, do NOT like that slippery slope. After all, what if someday our culture decided that under employed chemical engineers might someday be on welfare so we should kill them to prevent that possibility? No, thanks!

While neither you nor I are presently underemployed, we both have been in the past. (shiver! eek )

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
That "mass of undifferentiated cells" has the same exact genetic code that it has when it "differentiates."

Of course, you know full well that the mass of cells is not undifferentiated anyway. But your "argument" fails based on the ontology of the genetic code contained therein.

Abortion is the premeditated unjust act of killing a defenseless human. Start there, and argue for it.

Now we are into definitions.

What does it mean to be human, and who decides?

Is the Sin of Onan, since it contains your genetic code also the same as a 100 million acts of murder?

Being human is easy. DNA answers that question. When the DNA says "human", you have a human.

Next?

And how do you propose to collect said dna from inside another human?

See, someone's rights have to be violated....either the moms right to choose her fate, or your right to run someone else's life.

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by high_country_
That "mass of undifferentiated cells" has the same exact genetic code that it has when it "differentiates."

Of course, you know full well that the mass of cells is not undifferentiated anyway. But your "argument" fails based on the ontology of the genetic code contained therein.

Abortion is the premeditated unjust act of killing a defenseless human. Start there, and argue for it.

Is the Sin of Onan, since it contains your genetic code also the same as a 100 million acts of murder?

Being human is easy. DNA answers that question. When the DNA says "human", you have a human.

Next?

See, someone's rights have to be violated....either the moms right to choose her fate, or your right to run someone else's life.

As I said, you obviously do not understand the argument. It is our responsibility to protect someone else's life that is at issue.

Last edited by achadwick; 02/22/17.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I absolutely understand.I don't believe in abortion myself, but more than not believing in abortion I believe in minding my own life.

Lots of Christians like to play god. They apparently lack faith that God will be the judge.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I absolutely understand.I don't believe in abortion myself, but more than not believing in abortion I believe in minding my own life.

Lots of Christians like to play god. They apparently lack faith that God will be the judge.

So, we should not have any laws concerning harm of others? Because God is omniscient and is a just judge?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Next?

At what point did I say anything about DNA collection? Oh, that's right, I did not.

The DNA of the child is distinct, and makes it human. There's the point.

It seems that you have no problem with one person terminating the life of another without just cause. I differ on that.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So, you'd rather other play God instead? The only people playing God are those killing children without just cause. Once you figure that out, you'll be ahead of the game.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Again, generally not defined as murder in this country, and you attempting to impose your religious concept of when person hood begin upon others.

When does personhood begin according to your take on life?

That is a statement reached either through reason (philosophical) or observation (scientific/physical), not a religious one. A religious/moral decision can then follow. But of course, you know that already. Stop obfusticating and actually engage in a legitimate debate. Are you afraid of losing or something?

Stop providing false information to "bolster" your argument. If you kill a pregnant woman in America, you will be charged with a double homicide in 38 states (a majority) and in over 60 federal crime-types. It's called the Unborn Victims of Violence Act on the federal level, passed in 2004. Public Law 108-212.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
virtually every culture and religion in the world is against abortion. Ain't just Christians.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So, you'd rather other play God instead? The only people playing God are those killing children without just cause. Once you figure that out, you'll be ahead of the game.

I'd rather let people choose their own fate. I don't have to sleep with knowing that I killed a fetus nor knowing that I brought a baby with known life threatening problems into the world. .....nor anywhere in between. Site your verses that tell you to be the one who judoes when your neighbor should be unable to make choices, or the one that says you should judge when others make choices.

It's a fundamentalist thing, much like Muslims, they feel the world must conform to their beliefs or suffer.

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What percentage of white people will adopt a black baby?

The reality is not very many will.

NeBassman and JoeMamma,

How many black babies have you adopted?

Two at last count. One is attending Grand Valley State College and the other is still in high school The younger one was considered a "special needs" adoption because he was 3 lb, 3 oz at birth. There were "complications".

And they are not coffee with a lot of cream. They are semi-sweet chocolate brown. Just getting ahead of your next question.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd rather let people choose their own fate. I don't have to sleep with knowing that I killed a fetus nor knowing that I brought a baby with known life threatening problems into the world. .....nor anywhere in between. Site your verses that tell you to be the one who judoes when your neighbor should be unable to make choices, or the one that says you should judge when others make choices.

It's a fundamentalist thing, much like Muslims, they feel the world must conform to their beliefs or suffer.

Great. So, when does the child get to determine their own fate? It's not a fundamentalist thing; it's a logical and consistent thing. The parents made a host of choices that led to the pregnancy. Any one of those choices prior could have prevented it. Once it happens, it's a human life. There is no legal, logical, or rational reason to kill another human without just cause - and inconvenience isn't a just cause.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,155
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.