Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by brinky72

A Remington 870 police magnum is about the only firearm I'd buy used from my department and I would look that over real close. Everything else is pretty well wore out and not worth the hassle of getting it back to good condition. Certainly nothing I'd stake my life on. I would rather buy a new pistol and not one that has 10K plus rounds through it. Perhaps other departments don't shoot as much. Glocks are cheap new.

Which department do you work for?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When my brother became a police officer he gave me his service pistol so I can get it ready for storage. I got some gun grease and got it ready for storage. He used his own personal gun. When he retired I cleaned up his gun amd he turn that one in. It had never been fired.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Leonten
When my brother became a police officer he gave me his service pistol so I can get it ready for storage. I got some gun grease and got it ready for storage. He used his own personal gun. When he retired I cleaned up his gun amd he turn that one in. It had never been fired.

Huh?

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Um, what?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Umm I'm no Leo but I imagine that carrying a gun that wasn't approved by the chief/armorer would be bad juju if caught or in the case of using it for defense on duty. Also not sure what department doesn't know the serial number of guns they issue and would accept a different serial number back.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

When and where was this??????????? Better yet why. If they're buying you a gun why would you buy your own. That is if this truly happened.

Last edited by brinky72; 02/18/17.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They issued him a 38 special but he preferred the 357 magnum.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting thread. I've purchased 4-5 copshop Glocks from Summitgunbroker, a couple of Sig 229R's from CDNN, a P220 or two from KYGuns and couple of MP40Cs from Buds. One of the MP40C's had a thin 1” strip of light rust behind the front sight and it was removed with oil and 0000 steel wool, leaving the finish intact. It was obvious from the location and shape that the cased gun was stored in a wet/damp environment and moisture collected between the foam liner & slide. Rust was present on the liner as well and foam don't rust.

I worked for or closely with about a dozen agencies over 30+ years including contract work for feds. I served as Chief or Adjunct FTO for many of them. I saw a few poorly maintained service handguns but in every case it was the personal sidearm of some fossil dick who should never have had a badge in the first place. And if I issued a sidearm that was allowed to rust like the pistol depicted in the opening post, the officer I issued it to would have been exploring other career options PDQ. I made that known from the outset and never had a problem.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Unless the Chief authorized a personal use firearm, that sounds like a great way to get fired.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
He got the approval that he needed. Here is the announcement of his retirement back in 2009.

[Linked Image][/URL]

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I suppose I'd do the same back in the 38 special days.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He got the approval that he needed. Here is the announcement of his retirement back in 2009.

[Linked Image][/URL]

That's pretty cool.

Travis

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Interesting thread.

I just paid Bud's $300 for one of the Detroit PD M&P40's. It should arrive by Friday. Hopefully it's in decent shape.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by T Bone
Interesting thread.

I just paid Bud's $300 for one of the Detroit PD M&P40's. It should arrive by Friday. Hopefully it's in decent shape.

Mine was about perfect (but it cost $319).

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
just picked up the Detroit PD M&P40. bargain for $300

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Good price. Our Sig 226 DAK 40's were a bit more and the S&W 640 357's were priced stupid IMO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with most of this thinking. IN general, police trade ins are a good deal. Carried a lot and shot a little. Most have quite a bid of holster wear. I have been happy with all of mine. But, you must buy from a reputable dealer who describes his products accurately and honestly. Most dealers are like this. If I saw a picture of that rust bucket, I would just move on. Unless it was cheap enough then I might consider buying it and cleaning it up.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Bud's does a good job describing their police trade-ins, but I still wanna handle them before buying one.

I did that with the one I bought, but I happen to live in Kentucky and like to do a day trip now and then.

They had some Israeli? guns in, FEG Hi-Powers and CZ-75s, that looked like they'd been left in the bottom of the Dead Sea for a couple of years, lots of rust and pitting. At the price they wanted for those, I'd rather add $100 and buy the police guns, even the one pictured here looked better.

I have bought a couple 870 trade-ins before, used them for 3 Gun Matches, and had no issues. I'd monkey with them for awhile, then swap them off.

I LIKE my M&P 9mm, though, it was righteously priced and is a danged good pistol. Shoots a little high, but I can adapt.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Bud's does a good job describing their police trade-ins, but I still wanna handle them before buying one.

I did that with the one I bought, but I happen to live in Kentucky and like to do a day trip now and then.

They had some Israeli? guns in, FEG Hi-Powers and CZ-75s, that looked like they'd been left in the bottom of the Dead Sea for a couple of years, lots of rust and pitting. At the price they wanted for those, I'd rather add $100 and buy the police guns, even the one pictured here looked better.

I have bought a couple 870 trade-ins before, used them for 3 Gun Matches, and had no issues. I'd monkey with them for awhile, then swap them off.

I LIKE my M&P 9mm, though, it was righteously priced and is a danged good pistol. Shoots a little high, but I can adapt.

I had the atvantage of seeing the guns which were cherrypicked. But the ones i selected were israeli cz75's and they were muy bueno.
they were from a different dealer.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/06/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.