Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I don't post much, but I'm on this site most days.It's a community---full of idiots,egotists,humorists,you name it.However ,I've learned that the collective brain power here is awesome ! I've taught myself to keep my mouth shut and believe (word for word ) what the majority tell me.If it's in doubt they'll banter it back and forth and come up with an answer you might not want to hear, but sometimes the truth hurts.Someone here told me my 99E in 22HP didn't have enough condition to be worth $2000---- I've got to go cry now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, if the OP would have just taken my reply as gospel this would have been a short thread.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
He didn't come here to learn anything.

He came here to pick a fight.

Another internet troll making the rounds.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Funny $hit right there!

Brian

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by docost99
Funny $hit right there!

A gentle answer turns away wrath.

So I've heard.

LOL
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
OP had 4 "gentle answers" from experts.
Lightfoot was right to call him out.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
some of us comming on here looking for answers lurk for a while and start to learn the depth of knowledge here they ask questions and respond with thanks . Others have come on all blustry with supposed knowledge and dont put brain in gear befor hitting the keyboard,, if you are going to ask a QUESTION PLEASE LISTEN to the answer .

we are a good bunch on this forum with more knowledge of Savage lever action rifles than any other that i have found , if you come to a COLLECTOR FORUM be quite and listen.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Searching the internet to try to educate yourself is a good thing.

Trying to correct people who have been collecting and gathering information for decades each is a silly thing.

But it's understandable. He doesn't know us. The information he was believing isn't any worse that information you might get from any gun store or dealers at gun shows. Had a Cabela's library guy try to tell me than an EG with a Redfield 70 was an RS, even though he had a copy of Murray's on the shelf 3 feet away.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
[/quote]A gentle answer turns away wrath. So I've heard. [/quote]

Sooooo.....what do you do with the OP? No sainthood for him.

He is a jerk, no matter where he comes from.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by spiritwest
Right off the savage mfg. date website.http://www.savage99.com/dates.htm
Look it up, just put in savage dates of mfg. and the letter H indicates date of mfg. So tell me this is wrong or savage dates are incorrect.

His own post told him H is a date code. Didn't read or understand his own post apparently.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think its worth looking at Klondike mikes post asking for help on R or RS. He posted claerly and took the advice offered with courtesy.

As has been said old mate was given the correct info but spat the dummy

Johno

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Someone called me stupid once. I didn't cry and call him four letter words. I asked what I did stupid. He told me. Now I don't do that stupid thing anymore. I've got enough other stupid stuff to claim, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still wondering how he or the seller got the info so mixed up...99H (pre-WWII); 1956 .308; made in MA (post 1960); looked up the serial on Savage99.com (I don't think Ken lists serial numbers past 1950)! crazy It would be interesting to see the rifle. Original or a Johnny Cash "One piece at a Time". smile

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rick99
I'm still wondering how he or the seller got the info so mixed up...99H (pre-WWII); 1956 .308; made in MA (post 1960); looked up the serial on Savage99.com (I don't think Ken lists serial numbers past 1950)! crazy It would be interesting to see the rifle. Original or a Johnny Cash "One piece at a Time". smile

savage99.com now has the date codes. Though the Fairfield, MA comment did confuse the heck out of me.. figured I'd not delve into that one tho.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guess I should pop over there and see what is knew. He has a nice site. His info helped me when I was getting starting.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

S
OP Offline
S
Well, hasn't this been fun. Found out the the Savage 99 I was looking at was marked M in 308. Bought the gun and put 8 rounds within an inch of each other at 100 yards. Put a new Leupold 3X9 scope on today and will expect better shots. So glad for all the negative comments by [bleep] associated with this site. And as for Lightfoot, I would love to meet you face to face and show you what us Army Rangers can do a [bleep] like you in seconds. You are a disgrace to this website and a prick of a human being. Where do you live, jerk, and perhaps we can arrange a meeting. After your ignorant response I will leave this website...have found many more informative and not filled with redneck jerks like you. Have a nice day, moron. And to all those supporters, thank you. One simple question involved nothing but inflammatory responses. As if you people are experts? Found more information elsewhere without the disgusting comments from most of this sites subscribers. Good riddance and hopefully you agree.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Bad night Root

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I a former army tanker, so I am fat and out of shape So you can come to a Idaho and kick my ass also.. But I stand firmly in Lightfoots camp. So GFY ........maybe a model H is what you need as in Hemmaroid. Lightfoot has been nothing but a treasure and great friends of mine on this sight.

Last edited by Angus1895; 02/28/17.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Found more information elsewhere, when he was given all the information he asked for here.

But he found an M on it, so all is well. He's got himself a 99M!! grin

Let's not spoil his newfound confidence, guys.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Talk is cheap, especially on the internet. Whiskey costs money. So far all you've shown us is that if brains were gunpowder you couldn't blow your nose. Good night Larry.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

237 members (360bull, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 416RigbyHunter, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,448
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.