Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
did they give any idea when we could place an order?

I have one on order now but they will not process a down payment or confirm what cartridges will be available. I'm thinking the probability of us seeing a rifle in 2018 is slim at best and will most likely pull my name off their list. CS has been slow and everyone is getting different answers. At SCI a few weeks ago, I was told lefties would be out in this spring/summer.

Hopefully they do produce a LH version eventually.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Who would want to order one based on a picture with no real reviews or testing of regular production rifles? Especially with a company that is playing these games and showing a lack of customer service. You would think they would be bending over backwards to get good word and image on their new model. God only knows what they would do if real customer service or warranty issues were needed. They might as well just act like Kimber and totally snub the LH market.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
... They might as well just act like Kimber and totally snub the LH market.

Um...methinks they just did.

As I've said before, be thankful if you snagged a LH Forbes, they are excellent rifles at what were bargain prices.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by KenMi
... They might as well just act like Kimber and totally snub the LH market.

Um...methinks they just did.

As I've said before, be thankful if you snagged a LH Forbes, they are excellent rifles at what were bargain prices.

I snagged a Forbes when Barrett was doing the inventory clearance. Not bad. But, I still like the Kimber ergos better. Hence I have two RH Kimbers, and zero LH Forbes. If the Barrett Field Craft is a just a rebaked Forbes stock, I am not interested. I was sincere when I posted previously that I would continue to "hope for" a LH Kimber...

The whole Left Hand firearms marketing strategy reminds me of two high end software companies that I have dealt with over the past 15 years. The first one, like Kimber, says "This is what we offer. Take it or leave it." The other, like Barrett and some other companies, always wants to promise, and be flexible, and "Yes, we hear you"... string people along. But every time you think you are getting close, the goal line moves... Over a 10 to 15 year period, the companies that I know that originally chose Option number two for flexibility, have become frustrated with the broken promises, and are now moving to option number one.

I think Barrett would be better served and better respected long term to just lay out the truth and stop all of the mealy mouth double talk trying to please everyone. JMO...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Exactly!!! At least when Ruger announces something, it is usually at the distributors very soon, or even there unannounced

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said, Warren. Great analogy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I believe it's been established that the Barrett Field Crest rifles are not re-baked Forbes rifles.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am waiting for one, do not want to discourage Barrett from making a LH model. Quite happy with my LH Forbes 7-08 and my dealings with Barret on it. I feel the Barrett Fieldcraft is the only game in town for a LH LW SS 6.5 CM, so I hold hope that I will own one someday.

Would rather Barrett tell us now that it cant make it this year, than like the early MRC LH actions that were promised with money down that showed up a long time later.

At least Barrett has not asked for a deposit.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I believe it's been established that the Barrett Field Crest rifles are not re-baked Forbes rifles.

My concern is with the stock. I much prefer the more open, thinner wrist on Kimber rifles. The Forbes rifle that I owned had a thin forearm. But the wrist was more closed and thicker than the Kimber. I made a couple unsuccessful attempts at purchasing a Kimber Ascent 84L stock to adapt to the Forbes rifle before I sold it.

At this point, I have not heard anyone say definitively how the Barrett stock compares to the former Forbes Rifle stock. If the Barrett stock turns out to have a thinner, more open wrist than the Forbes, I may give it a look. Until then, I'll hang on to the Kimbers.

I know a lot of people really like the Forbes ergos. So, I am the odd man out. However, that is my personal preference in stock ergos.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Orion2000

My concern is with the stock. I much prefer the more open, thinner wrist on Kimber rifles. The Forbes rifle that I owned had a thin forearm. But the wrist was more closed and thicker than the Kimber. I made a couple unsuccessful attempts at purchasing a Kimber Ascent 84L stock to adapt to the Forbes rifle before I sold it.

At this point, I have not heard anyone say definitively how the Barrett stock compares to the former Forbes Rifle stock. If the Barrett stock turns out to have a thinner, more open wrist than the Forbes, I may give it a look. Until then, I'll hang on to the Kimbers.

I know a lot of people really like the Forbes ergos. So, I am the odd man out. However, that is my personal preference in stock ergos.

That question was asked by others here and someone who spent time with the rifle was able to confirm that it's not the Forbes, if I recall correctly.

IC B3

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Orion2000

That question was asked by others here and someone who spent time with the rifle was able to confirm that it's not the Forbes, if I recall correctly.

The stock is a copy of the Forbes Rifle pattern which was a copy of the NULA stock. The rest of the Barrett is different and IMO a step up from the Forbes. The Barrett rep confirmed this was the case and it feels very similar to my Forbes and the NULAs that I use to own.

I will purchase a LH Barrett if they ever make one. The rifle was extremely well finished and screams quality.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Looks like I didn't recall correctly. Thanks for getting me straightened out.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

433 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 32 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,589
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.