Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lots of folks think that others can shoot better than they do, but its not always the case, but then I hang around what I call proven shooters, so I may be a bit biased.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
ARIC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by deflave
This is an AR forum. Nobody gives two fugks about your 22LR.

Dave

Oh ok dumbphuk, post some one shot flyers from your AR. Or even better yet, some one hole groups. Here's a picture that has a 1 shot flyer in the second group shot. The first group was getting used to the trigger and how the AR shot (first time out). I also used this in the black rifle challenge here:

[Linked Image]

I'll wait to see your target pics of the subject that was being discussed. Thanks... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495
Wilson barrels, IE RRA, are generally some really good bang for the buck. FWIW. Maybe not sub moa, but for what they cost, they usually are pretty up to snuff. I"ve personally never seen one that was worse than MOA, most around 3/4 moa at 100. One or three had to be recrowned, evidently old dull drill bits dont crown well. LOL

Yeah, my 20" Wilson H-Bar consistently does 3/4"-1" with run of the mill 55 Hornady SP's and no particular brass prep other than sorting the LC brass by date. By getting anal with brass prep and shooting Bergers I get 5/8"-3/4". I'm satisfied.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Dave

Oh ok dumbphuk, post some one shot flyers from your AR. Or even better yet, some one hole groups. Here's a picture that has a 1 shot flyer in the second group shot. The first group was getting used to the trigger and how the AR shot (first time out). I also used this in the black rifle challenge here:

[Linked Image]

I'll wait to see your target pics of the subject that was being discussed. Thanks... wink

So was the flyer ammo or shooter?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Dave

[Linked Image]

Good to see you're catching on.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rost495

Dave

[Linked Image]

So was the flyer ammo or shooter?

No doubt it was the AR...

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I have been looking at RRA AR-15s lately and other makers. So far RRA are the only maker I have found that claims a certain level of accuracy from their guns. The guarantee is 1 MOA to 3/4 MOA depending on rifle. That includes match and hunting bullets, this from a response I received from them on the question of what bullets were they using. Has anyone found their claims to be true?

Also, have you found other brands to be just as accurate (or more so)?

I have a RRA Lar 15, I have two hand loads that will shoot groups under quarter inch at 100 yds, same loads shoot 1.7 inch groups at 400 yards. Yes, RRA Ar's are very accurate.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Holee crud... UNDER a .25 inch group at 100? Or is that one shot groups.

Thats flat amazing.

I'm fair and have some fair guns, but I can recall 1 or 2 that had the possibility of doing that....

3 shot groups here and there, yes. 5 or more shots as the norm, IE an average, nope.

Did we give you the link to the thread on group shooting wiht an AR here?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
LOL

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
My Rock River varmint will shoot 3/4 with 62 grain Barnes. This bullet slays pigs. Rips them up.

IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Little late here but after tinkering with a few factory rifles i decided to just build my own and have been doin alot better.

20" ARP 8 twist Barrel
Trying out different brass after sorting and prepping it.

100 yards
10rds new lapua brass
10rds once fired full length resized lapua brass
10rds once fired Neck sized lapua brass
73gr ELDM H4895 CCI BR4

Neck sized again and tested at 600 yards and goin to use that for my F-class load.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
410 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 54 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.