-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Like the looks of this one. They got rid of the proprietary limb attachments like the Dorados and Game Masters and also pitched the Formula attachment in favor of the good old ILF. Evidently they are pretty sure of themselves because they have dropped all of their trad bows except for this one. It is available in 17, 19 and 21" lengths and being ILF you don't have to shoot Hoyt limbs if you don't want to. Seriously considering getting a 19" riser and going with Tradtech limbs. Probably Longs at around 35# then add a set of heavier limbs later to hunt with. Anybody seen or shot one?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've not seen one but I just took a look and it seems like a good choice if you don't like the looks of the Titan.

I don't see any reason to use tradtech limbs when there are many great target specific limbs on the market. The Tradtech limbs I've used in the past were not as good in quality compared to my Samick or Win Win limbs.

I've owned several ILF risers as well as one of the first Dala bows 3 rivers ever sold and I've owned the David Soza DAS risers. I like them all but there are differences that different shooters may prefer.

I draw 29" and I prefer a 17" riser with medium limbs for hunting. I also shoot a Spigerelli 25" riser with Medium Winex limbs for 3D but it has very little advantage at 3D distance. If I've having a good day or a bad day will effect scores more than if I'm using the 60" Dala or the 68" Spig.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Had a Titan III - quality sure was not up to the price tag. Grip fit like crap on the bow and in the hand.

Win and Win makes the newer Tradtech Limbs.

Never tried a DAS - have been through a bunch of others. Several Hoyts, a couple Dryads, Morrison, Sky, Tradtech - may favorite has been the Dorado.

I enjoy target shooting, 3D, Hunting about anything that involves flinging an arrow. I draw 28-1/4" so I went with a 19" and Longs. 64" is a tad short for a dedicated indoor rig but should be fine for 3D. I have a set of SF Carbon Foam 34# Longs on my Rambo Warf right now and a set of Samick Universal Mediums that should be 44-45# to hunt with and make a 62" rig. Easy enough to configure however you want with ILF....and a roll of camo duct tape from Walmart takes care of flashy paint and graphics cheap and easy.

Just ordered one so I guess i'll find out here in a couple weeks. Local shop owner wanted to see one also so he made me a deal.

Last edited by centershot; 02/23/17.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Don't like the curves.
They should have just done the Dorado in ILF and made it 19" and 17".

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't string walk or run a fixed crawl, draw 28.5", and find a 58" my fave for 3D and hunting.

I'll tolerate a 60".

Gots skinny fingers, shoot split or 3 under...no probs.
Proly why I like shorter bows.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Don't like the curves.
They should have just done the Dorado in ILF and made it 19" and 17".

Dorado's are 19". 17" and ILF would have been nice - and was kind of stupid on Hoyt's part because the spacing in the same. You can take the buttons out of ILF limbs and put a bushing in them and use them on Dorados and Gamemasters.

Dorado's are showing up for sale cheap in the Archerytalk classifieds, would be a good time to pick one up.

Looking at the Satori and its "Curves" it look like it should be very forgiving and easy too shoot. Probably not quite as fast as a straighter riser like a Dorado. The Dorado was one of my all time favorite risers. Going to find out on the Satori here in a couple weeks.

Last edited by centershot; 02/24/17.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I had a Dorado, know what they are LOL.
Not ILF (but a guy on Tradtalk will convert a Dorado riser to ILF for a price).

But then that's still a 19"...........so I wouldn't have it done.

Rather have a 17" Dorado, ILF.

Kinda what I was talkin' about.

Didn't run Hoyt limbs on mine, got Tradtechs and made bushings. Easy conversion. Decent bow..........but a friggin' 19" so bye bye it went.

I REALLY liked my Blackwidow HS. Too bad 60# was a bit much after injury. Keep thinking just have a PCH built at 56".

Buddy has a Tiburon, or whatever the Formula limb hunter is. I haven't shot it yet.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/24/17.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yup, the Dorado was good. Hoyt should have made it better, rather than do the Satori (IMHO).

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Yup, the Dorado was good. Hoyt should have made it better, rather than do the Satori (IMHO).

Agreed on the Dorados. A 17" ILF Dorado would have been sweet. Machining a dovetail in the riser should not have been a big deal?

I think the Satori should have just taken the place of the Buffalo/Tiburon. But, Hoyt forgot to ask me. lol.

Have shot 1/2 dozen different Blackwidows and just have never felt that draw the some do. Nice bows but not for me.

Last edited by centershot; 02/24/17.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by centershot
Had a Titan III - quality sure was not up to the price tag. Grip fit like crap on the bow and in the hand.

Win and Win makes the newer Tradtech Limbs.

Never tried a DAS - have been through a bunch of others. Several Hoyts, a couple Dryads, Morrison, Sky, Tradtech - may favorite has been the Dorado.

I enjoy target shooting, 3D, Hunting about anything that involves flinging an arrow. I draw 28-1/4" so I went with a 19" and Longs. 64" is a tad short for a dedicated indoor rig but should be fine for 3D. I have a set of SF Carbon Foam 34# Longs on my Rambo Warf right now and a set of Samick Universal Mediums that should be 44-45# to hunt with and make a 62" rig. Easy enough to configure however you want with ILF....and a roll of camo duct tape from Walmart takes care of flashy paint and graphics cheap and easy.

Just ordered one so I guess i'll find out here in a couple weeks. Local shop owner wanted to see one also so he made me a deal.

I've owned a couple of Warfs too.Mostly I hunt with a Widow 62" PLX. I shoot all kinds from my Italian Barebow Olympic to a BBO selfbow. I'm not too picky on grips though.

I've got a pair of Samick Masters longs that are super sweet.They are nothing but carbon and hard rock maple. I would live to have a 23" Best Zenit riser. I had a friend with one and I really liked it.

I'm just getting back to shooting this year because of an injury 5 years ago. I was actually going to attend a 3D today buy my buddy backed out and I didn't want to go by myself.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I am picky on grip and prefer the BW standard.
Buddy's Chastain is close.
Took a Dremel to a Tradtech Pinnacle 2 and made it similar.
Unfortunately it had a lam issue (guess that plaqued quick a few TT risers). It made it a couple yrs without a prob.

Dorado was decent but needed a higher grip IMHO.
Couldn't find a Hoyt Ergo to see if that would fit (or could be mod'd).

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm used to the low grips from compounds so the low grip on the Dorado felt right at home. I took off the wood grips and used the rubber 180 grips. Hope I get along with this new Satori as well as I did the Dorados.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I shoot a low on compounds, but like high on recurves.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well I have had my Satori for a couple weeks now, have shot a couple NFAA 300 indoor scores with it to see where it (and I) am at. Shot a 262 week ago and a 265 last night, about what I usually shoot. Really enjoying it. Was not sure of the higher grip at first but am getting great accuracy and consistency with it so going with it for a while longer. The riser is a 19", limbs are Tradtech Blackmax 2.0 35# Longs, arrows are GT Entrada 700's full length w/ 125gr points (325gr total) shooting about 175 fps with a 22" gap at 20 yards. Since this pic I have added a 6 arrow Hoyt quiver and 4" stabilizer. Heavy rig at 5# but shoots very nice.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by centershot; 03/29/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,651
Posts18,455,483
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.