Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
A while back, I picked up a Pedersoli Sharps 1874 Sporting #3 in 45-70 from a good friend that needed some money. Haven't shot it yet, my bad! Came with all kinds of stuff... ammo, dies, brass, bullets, different disks for the front globe, vernier tang sight and his journal for it. Bunch of stuff. Nicely made and finished rifle. Excellent checkered walnut stocks, excellent case coloring and bluing, nice rifle. Have never seen a Shilo Sharps, heard they're even nicer! Need to get myself out and shoot it, too nice to just sit in the safe! Might have to go on a Bison hunt!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 02/10/17.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Should be a fun and challenging score.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Congratulations, you are about to enter the Dark Side. grin

While you can certainly use smokeless powder such as AA-5744, using Holy Black Powder is, IMHO, the only way to go.

I was first brought to the fold my shooting crossfireoops' Pedersoli and then having constant phone calls from Evil Twin.

Being able to hit what you can see out past 500 yards with iron sights with loads duplicating what the old Buffalo hunters used is a hoot. grin

A call to Powder, Inc LINK can have real BP delivered to your door at very reasonable prices.

Oh...yes, Shiloh Sharps are even nicer. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Planning on nothing but black powder for this one! I've been loading and shooting BP for years and cast all my muzzleloader projectiles. This is my first falling block, looking forward to it.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Pedersoli Sharps have a good reputation, probably the best of the Eyetalians. I believe Brian Pearce said they were the only ones he'd trust with smokeless. They've also won some matches here, shooting against pricier American models.

Good snag.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Unfortunately, can't see crap anymore through the tang sight. Shooting the original sights much better so just listed the tang and globe sights in the classified section. It is fun to shoot and I did better than I thought I would!

NRA life member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 76 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.