Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I just picked up an M-1 Carbine. It is an original military/mixmaster/import marked gun, so I consider it a shooter rather than a collector's item.

I don't want to get involved in reloading for it, so I picked up a case of Tulammo 110 grain FMJ. I tried my best Google-Foo to see whether the steel cases are problematic in the carbine, but there wasn't any definitive info available.

Are there any known negative issues with this ammo in .30 Carbine? I am thinking about getting a couple more cases while it is still cheap. I do plan to pick up a spare extractor or two to satisfy the prepper in me.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The US used steel cases for some Carbine ammo during the war so I would not see any problem from that. Personally, I would lean toward Aguila. It is brass cased and reloadable. Also, the CMP likes it enough to offer it for sale through their store.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I just picked up an M-1 Carbine. It is an original military/mixmaster/import marked gun, so I consider it a shooter rather than a collector's item.

I don't want to get involved in reloading for it, so I picked up a case of Tulammo 110 grain FMJ. I tried my best Google-Foo to see whether the steel cases are problematic in the carbine, but there wasn't any definitive info available.

Are there any known negative issues with this ammo in .30 Carbine? I am thinking about getting a couple more cases while it is still cheap. I do plan to pick up a spare extractor or two to satisfy the prepper in me.

How about this...

You start pumping that lot of that ammo through your gun, and tell us if it works.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Straight-walled cartridges and steel cases don't mix well

It will shoot till the chamber get dirty--then jam

Last edited by BMT; 02/24/17.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There were straight walled 45 acp steel cases and 30 carbine in one of the big wars.

One of my buddies bought who knows how much surplus in 45... now and then a few won't go bang, but never issues with jamming.

YMMV.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That ain't TULA

Hornady steel match probably works fine in 30Carbine

With the Carbine I had, TULA ran till the chamber got dirty

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That ain't TULA

Hornady steel match probably works fine in 30Carbine

With the Carbine I had, TULA ran till the chamber got dirty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,047
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.