Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
Congrats, I wish Seafire Jr was a Tiger again.. I'd do it all over again in a heart beat....

He was an Eagle Scout when he graduated with a 4.0 GPA from High School... he works at our local hospital as a tech now... while working toward his degree in Hospital Administration...

Scouting taught him some of the things I couldn't and reinforced the things I could teach him....

Enjoy every second of it Mr Crockett... it all passes too quickly... one day they are where you are at now, and in no time, they are an Eagle and graduating High School, heading off to college...

too fast but a rewarding ride...

Thanks, great post

And thanks to all of the kind words from Fire members. We are in a very small town but the boys, their parents, and the leadership within the pack/troops are all excellent.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A definite rite of passage, but still so hard to know the kids are getting older and the age of innocence is passing by very soon.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Originally Posted by jd9770
Congratulations!
I participated in Scouts from cub to Boy Scouts, it was a great experience growing up. I made eagle and I am always proud of that. It takes a lot of work and dedication to earn it. The experience teaches you skills that you take with you all your life.

My experience, also. The Scouts were a great influence on me. I didn't excel at school as a student, and I wasn't athletic enough to make the teams in a big school, but I did real well in Scouts.
That made me feel good about myself, which is important when a kid is trying to figure out who he is and where he fits in the world.

Making Eagle was the first, best accomplishment of my life up to that point. It prepared me for the many challenges ahead. One of the most important factors in how a kid turns out, is the quality of his friends and peers as he develops into a young adult. A good Scout troop with quality leaders provided that for me.

This is the essence of scouting. It develops character. Excellent post and spot on in the benefits offered.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I played sports, wasn't time for scouts

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Still use some of the things scouting taught me to this day. Good scout troups have good dedicated leaders and parents. enjoy the journey.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
It feels like he was a little Tiger only yesterday. Time flies. Proud of the little bugger!

Any other scouts out there? I gave it up as a webelo 2 back in the day, but always regretted not staying in.

Okay, Dad, now you have another chance to get back into it! Like you, I made it to Webelos and never crossed over. Both of my sons are Eagles, one with 7 palms and the other with 8. Both took Philmont treks and then went back for Rayado treks, and both ended up working several summers at Philmont.

For a parent, it has been a strange combination of being supportive, getting them to do it themselves and staying the heck outta the way! But it really is all about working with a good troop. And a word of caution...it will absolutely soak up all the time, effort and money that you will give it!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i was never in scouts but my boys went from tiger to eagle. i was den leader, cubmaster, camping chairman, assistant scout master and am now eagle merit badge counselor and troop secretary two years after my boys aged out. boy scouts is a lot of fun and i still enjoy doing the merit badges with the young men. most of the boys, including my own two, do not really appreciate it while they are doing it. but once they get that eagle medal, plaque, patch and ribbon, they do. and it makes it all worthwhile when you shake the hand of a young man at his eagle board of review and you know that you were a big part of his journey.

My diploma is a DD214
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Congratulations to him and you. Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow, Cubmaster and Scoutmaster here. Both of my boys are Eagle Scouts and the oldest is a Scout leader now.

lightman
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Really, no one, brownies

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1234, 50 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.