Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
It feels like he was a little Tiger only yesterday. Time flies. Proud of the little bugger!

Any other scouts out there? I gave it up as a webelo 2 back in the day, but always regretted not staying in.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
It feels like he was a little Tiger only yesterday. Time flies. Proud of the little bugger!

Any other scouts out there? I gave it up as a webelo 2 back in the day, but always regretted not staying in.

I didn't stick with the Scouts as a kid, but I ended up as a Den Leader in the Webelos, and a Scoutmaster in my son's Scout troop. My son (an several other boys in the troop) made it through Eagle. It was a powerful bonding experience for me and my son. Overall I consider it one of the most productive things that I have ever done.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Congrats

I never made my Eagle
Our troop hired in a book worm that hated the outdoors and fought everything I wanted to do for my final project to earn the Eagle until time ran out for me.

Good luck to your son.

Hope he go's far

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I moved shortly before finishing work on my Eagle rank and never got hooked up with a troop in our new city. A big regret I think of often. Made sure my son had every opportunity to finish work on his Eagle rank, which he did.

I believe the Boy Scouts is among the most valuable organizations a young man can be a part of. It taught me so much and I am forever grateful I was a part of it.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Time flies. I figured it would be a short lived stint when my son started cub scouts years ago. Something about it appealed to him and he stuck with it all these years. He is just starting his Eagle project after getting everything approved. I am pretty impressed with the work he has put into it so far, all on his own.
Over the years we have spent some pretty neat times together on some cool camp outs, etc. Some things about the National organization bug me but the small troop we belonged to did things kind of our own way. It was just a few dads and our boys and it has been a great experience for him. Hope your boy gets as much out of it as mine did.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I remember that day. We celebrated by eating brownies....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Boyscouts is even more fun than Cubs. My older boy is an Eagle and did Philmont and Rayado and did a summer camp in Nepal with an Asian troop. He had a great scouting experience and is a better person for his efforts. My younger son just made Life. He is playing high school sports year round, so is progressing a bit slower, but I like that it keeps him friends with a different set of friends.

I hope your son has as good an experience as we have had.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Congratulations to both of you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Congrats!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My Son Eagle and as his Patrol Adviser all 8 scouts in his patrol earned their eagle rank.

I enjoyed Boy Scouts.....hated cub scouts.

Doc

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My son and my dad both made Eagle. I only made Star in my two years in BSA but made the trip to Philmont that will stay with me for life. Was den leader and then ASM with my boy through his journey and enjoyed helping other young men to achieve ranks and goals that will assure them success in their future endeavors.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My youngest is a webelo 1 right now. My oldest crossed over to Boy Scouts last April and will get his 2nd class at the Court of Honor tomorrow night. I spent 2 years as a den leader and the past 4 as a Cubmaster. I'm looking forward to crossing to boy scouts nest year also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was. Just shy of eagle when time ran out. I was a knot instructor, and jamboree stick-boxing champ.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son made eagle six months ago, at 15.
Now he's the Jr. Asst Scout Master.
If you get in the right troop, it's a great program.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats!

Looking forward to sharing scouting with my boys.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Congratulations!
I participated in Scouts from cub to Boy Scouts, it was a great experience growing up. I made eagle and I am always proud of that. It takes a lot of work and dedication to earn it. The experience teaches you skills that you take with you all your life.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jd9770
Congratulations!
I participated in Scouts from cub to Boy Scouts, it was a great experience growing up. I made eagle and I am always proud of that. It takes a lot of work and dedication to earn it. The experience teaches you skills that you take with you all your life.

My experience, also. The Scouts were a great influence on me. I didn't excel at school as a student, and I wasn't athletic enough to make the teams in a big school, but I did real well in Scouts.
That made me feel good about myself, which is important when a kid is trying to figure out who he is and where he fits in the world.

Making Eagle was the first, best accomplishment of my life up to that point. It prepared me for the many challenges ahead. One of the most important factors in how a kid turns out, is the quality of his friends and peers as he develops into a young adult. A good Scout troop with quality leaders provided that for me.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will add that getting to work part of the summer at the Scout camp as an assistant to the Army Sergeant that ran the rifle range and marksmanship merit badge program is what started my life-long interest in the shooting sports.

With the Sergeant's excellent couching I easily earned my Marksmanship merit badge. I have been an active shooter ever since.

One of the good things about Scouts is getting the kids exposed to many experiences they wouldn't have otherwise. You never know what will stick.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats swell!

I went to a Webelos(sp?) meeting a couple times.

I didnt reckon that any of them had ever been outside and they did not want to hear about cooking frogs in cans of Hormel Chili, or cooking trout in beer cans.

My daughter is in Girl Scouts though.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Congrats, I wish Seafire Jr was a Tiger again.. I'd do it all over again in a heart beat....

He was an Eagle Scout when he graduated with a 4.0 GPA from High School... he works at our local hospital as a tech now... while working toward his degree in Hospital Administration...

Scouting taught him some of the things I couldn't and reinforced the things I could teach him....

Enjoy every second of it Mr Crockett... it all passes too quickly... one day they are where you are at now, and in no time, they are an Eagle and graduating High School, heading off to college...

too fast but a rewarding ride...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,746
Posts18,457,750
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.