Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Posts in another place here got me wondering.

It seems as if death is as personal as an individual's life is.

How would you like your funeral to be?

Cremation? Pine Box? Fancy casket with all the trimmin's?

Most of us don't think about it much. But, when I was having heart issues, I really did delve into that subject.

I want a simple pine box and a cowboy funeral. smile

[Linked Image]

What do you guys want?

Will your family honor your wishes?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cremation, Simple.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cremation

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This may sound strange, but I believe people should take on this responsibility themselves, and not ignore it and leave it to family members. I've been exposed to a fair amount of family members passing, and about the only thing done in advance was buying a burial plot. The rest was left on others to deal with. And, I thing funeral homes take a lot of advantage at the time of a death, you only have so much time.

After my Dad passed, my Mom went back to the funeral home, and negotiated exactly what she wanted and paid for it. No issues.

My wife and I have plots and have the headstone in place. Dates will have to be cut in, but we have what we want.

Last edited by WayneShaw; 02/26/17.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
cremation. i use to want a traditional solid redoak casket, w/woodhandles & wooden pegs to hold it together. something about from dust thou art and to dust thou shall return, or something like that.

use to imagine lying there in the casket and looking back on a trajectory to where i am now. what kind of a view might that be?

interesting stuff. no wood casket for me now, don't think i could afford it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sell your body to the local med school.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After my Dad passed, my Mom sent back to the funeral home, and negotiated exactly what she wanted and paid for it. No issues.

My Mom did the same thing. I will be buried in the same Cemetery as My Mom and Dad, My Grandfather, and Grandmother, and 2 of my Great Grandfathers and Grandmothers on my Dad's side. I have the spots picked and my Wife has agreed that we should go ahead and put up a stone. I figured that She would balk at the suggestion, but did not. Just need to get that done. Nothing fancy in the way of a box or stone. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 02/26/17. Reason: spelling

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I intend laughter, mirth, and uncontrollable belly laughs when I go. There might even be strippers.
I have every intent to automate my coffin. It should be ......interesting. roflmao.
I will be wearing a three piece suit of camo, lined with hunters orange, and a Jester's cap. (The last laugh is reserved for Death)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cremation. No funeral, no need to waste time on me, I am not the first person to die and won't be the last.

Don't give 2 schitts what are done with my ashes.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wife and I both want, upon death to be immediately cremated and put in a plain urn. Once the second dies the kids are to plant us in the family plot in Will County, IL. Barnett Cemetery in Homer Twp.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cremation and for my kids to spread my ashes from the window of the shooting house we built together in 2009. I would like for this to be done during a decent snow in deer season. My favorite place to sit and watch the world go by.
I have no use for a viewing and the rest of the funeral home crap. I hate them and most of the people I know do as well. I would rather be cremated as cheaply as possible and family/friends to have some kind of get together/party celebrating my life. I want a party. Still thinking on exactly how that should play out. My family does know this much of my plan should something happen to me.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am with 10gaugemag, except, my boy knows where to scatter my ash's. Rio7

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Cremation. Daughter and son have specific directions to spread my ashes at two locations: my #1 deer stand of all time and the ranch I elk hunt on. I don't have the farm any more where my #1 stand is so he'll just have to figure something out.

Lastly, I want him to take a small amount of my ashes and load me in a round to be taken deer hunting one more time, with my favorite rifle. Instructions are to wait on a nice buck, no matter how long it takes. No does. And if he misses, I told him I'll haunt his butt forever!

Last edited by Godogs57; 02/26/17.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My ashes will be put in the lake close by. I have left the money for everybody to have a big party and tell good lies about me. I hope they all have a great time."I Come To Dance" will be played.

The foundation for old age is good memories.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cremation. I'm claustrophobic and the thought of being buried in a casket totally freaks me out.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Cremation

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Whatever is cheapest.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cheapest thing they can find. I had a lot of fun in this body, but it's wore out...I think the business of death is far too expensive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have asked that I be used for obscene practical jokes by first year med students.

Whatever is left can be mulched into large recognizeable chips and used for erosion control.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
163 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.