Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I love a big glass of milk with pizza or a hamburger. I'd die without milk.

Yes! No better way to ruin either of them than pairing them with beer. (It has its place, but not with either of them.)

that's just silly talk.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I cannot stand the taste of milk "fresh from the cow", especially warm.

Oh, man. That is the one (and only) thing I miss about milking cows.
Grab a tall 16 oz SS tumbler. Sqeeze it full, straight from the teat. Suck the foam off the top of the glass.

Milk will never taste the same again, as it does in that first ten seconds after the cow. As the best of the aromatics quickly dissapate.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I an a Central Europe guy, and we always eat dairy. Milk, yogurt, kefir, buttermilk, sour cream, cottage cheese,feta cheese, and all the food that contains these things. I doubt that we have less that a dozen different cheeses in the fridge at any time.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I cannot stand the taste of milk "fresh from the cow", especially warm.

Oh, man. That is the one (and only) thing I miss about milking cows.
Grab a tall 16 oz SS tumbler. Sqeeze it full, straight from the teat. Suck the foam off the top of the glass.

Milk will never taste the same again, as it does in that first ten seconds after the cow. As the best of the aromatics quickly dissapate.

....back yer leg.....

nestle your head in the hollow between belly and thigh....grab a pair and go to it.......

wink

Last edited by muffin; 02/27/17.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Or a glass of cold milk and a tomato sandwich. Yum.

Yum is a slice of chocolate cake crammed into a glass...covered in milk and eaten with a spoon. All of my cookies get dunked before eating...

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by KFWA

25% that aren't are mostly northern European descent

https://authoritynutrition.com/is-dairy-bad-or-good/

had no idea
Sure. We were the ones who originally domesticated farm animals, to include dairy animals like goats and cows. Before that occurred, all humans had something like a 1 in 100 chance (or less) to possess the gene that permits milk digesting beyond childhood. Once drinking milk or eating cheese became possible, it was an avenue by which those few had a survival advantage during periods of famine. Gradually, famine after famine (eliminating huge numbers of those who didn't have this survival advantage, and thus nearly eliminating the genetic characteristic among Europeans), the percentage of Europeans who had the gene increased over those who don't to the point that almost all Europeans have it.

What he said. It was a genetic adaptation among northern europeans to better adapt to survival in the north, much like blue eyes and fair skin. It's evolution in action.

I'm just thankful my ancestors happened to be northern european because I absolutely love milk. I'd sure hate to not be able to tolerate it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mohick
75% might be intolerant but they wad in ice cream like a bunch of hungry dogs, people in grocery store so fuggin fat they can't even push a cart but ride in those motor chairs loaded with fuggin ice cream!!!

So, to you, if I drink mile I must wad (?) in ice cream like a hungry dog and am so fugging fat..."

God, you're ignorant.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
90% of the world needs a 5 gal. cold water enema!

Bud Light as a substitute ?

Best use for it.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I'm almost 52 and I still drink the living hell out of milk. I'm blonde and blue and come from a family of blonde and blue Germans.

Norwegians in your genetic "wood pile"..? laugh

A good friend hunted in AK, had a native buddy who got him into some areas gringos don't usually see. This native was half Ruskie.

Friend noticed some light skinned Natives, asked about their origin, was told they're "Coast Guard". Reportedly the Norwegian Coast Guard did some work up there and left their "mark"... grin

So, maybe German/"Coast Guard"... shocked

DF

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

What he said. It was a genetic adaptation among northern europeans to better adapt to survival in the north, much like blue eyes and fair skin. It's evolution in action.

I'm just thankful my ancestors happened to be northern european because I absolutely love milk. I'd sure hate to not be able to tolerate it.
Even the majority (60%) of southern Italians can digest milk and cheese. Southern Europeans are, for the most part, descended from Northern Europeans (who came down and first occupied the lands south of the Alps and Pyrenees after the passing of the ice age cleared the valleys for southward travel), with some non-European admixtures due to having been conquered at various times by non-Eurpeans, e.g., Sicily was at one time a possession of the Ottoman Empire, thus a substantial minority (40%) of Sicilians have lactose intolerance. Being half Sicilian and half Northern European (Scottish/Irish/Welsh/English), I had about a 20% chance of being lactose intolerant. Glad I fell on that 80% chance side, because I too love milk and cheese. I drink about a gallon and half a week of milk, and snack on cheese daily.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Drank milk as a kid, never really liked it...if I drink it now within a short period of time I will have the most violent, explosive case of the schitts you can imagine. Wife is the same way. Soft cheeses do it to her as well but we both like and don't seem to be bothered by old cheddar and other hard cheeses.

Our boys, 14 and 15, go through 3 - 4 gallons of mild a week. Standing orders at our house: anybody goes to the store for any reason, get a gallon of milk.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I find people who lack toes boring after helping them up the third time.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just had a glass of chocolate milk - where you pour Hershey's syrup into the milk after reading this thread

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I thought I was going lactose intolerant. I could enjoy cheese and ice cream, but not milk. It turns out that I was reacting to the growth hormones in milk. When we switched to a hormone-free dairy (that delivers!) I immediately found relief.

I am going to look into this. at about 18 or so years old I developed lactose intolerance. It doesnt stop me from eating pizza or putting milk in my cereal or having ice crea. I freaking LOVE a cold glass of milk. But I get massive gas. I can live with it. Soft cheeses can rip me up to cramps and the runs, but milk and hard cheeses will usually be fine unless I go on a full blown cow drippin bender.

I am going to check out the growth hormone angle. Wont be too difficult to isolate that.

As for your nutritionist with ideas on how to lose weight, cut carbs and eat a big breakfast of proteins and fats and high fiber complex carbs. Bed time extremely high fiber snacks.

eat protein and fat, and cut carbs out to every extent possible (except for fibers).

When I do that I shed weight like an ... well I shed weight really really fast and very easily. There's no magic to it. Jst stop eating sugars and simple carbs and eaet other stuff and you wil shed weight.

Thanks on the milk hormone tip.

Last edited by Crockettnj; 02/27/17.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I can't remember the last time I drank milk. I do not like eggs and rarely eat butter. I do like a hunk of cheese though, usually Asiago, Parmesan or Romano. My wife has started me on plain yogurt with fruit and a bit of granola which I am enjoying.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
jmho
most of the food allergies these days is from the
switch we did from real cane sugar to corn syrup
and hfcs. it's not better in any way other than it's
cheaper for manufacturers to use. that, and a generation
or two of lazy single moms raising their kids on a
diet of macaroni and cheese and ramens.
my maternal grandma was raised in the country and
they grew and raised everything they ate and she used
salt and sugar liberally and straight tobacco when
she was young. unfortunately, she was taken from us
too soon at the age of 95.
she would fall over on the ground and laugh a stroke
at the thought of someone paying money these days to
walk or run around a track or pick up heavy weights.
that was day to day s.o.p in the country, a lot of
it before the sun came up decent

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EdM
I can't remember the last time I drank milk. I do not like eggs and rarely eat butter. I do like a hunk of cheese though, usually Asiago, Parmesan or Romano. My wife has started me on plain yogurt with fruit and a bit of granola which I am enjoying.

Eat that yogurt up Ed, it's good for your bones and guts, Wifey makes herself homemade yogurt from raw cows milk, she also makes granola with raw honey and a lot of other whole grains, she cooks blueberries down to a thick syrup to go with it all too.

Good stuff!

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When I took Biology in college the Prof. said most people lose the enzyme needed to properly digest Lactose at around 15. I asked what happens if you keep eating and drinking it. He said "You'll fart"

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Sign me up for the chocolate whole milk....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've got your lactose intolerance, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (1lesfox, 22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,327
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.