Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well, My wife wanted to get a crossbow to take to Africa with us this summer and to use for whitetail hunting in the future.
She looked at practically everything.
She wanted something she could cock herself and was the easiest.
She decided on a new crossbow company.
It is called the "Ravin".
[url=http://ravincrossbows.com/][/url]

It is flippin awesome.

One problem. I need to find a hard case for it and one isn't made for it yet.
* I've looked at Pelican, but because of the dimensions it will take a larger case. not only expensive, but heavy and may cause me extra airline charges for weight and size. a lot extra.

* Tuffpak makes a wider archery case, but not sure if it's wide enough. The width at its widest (outside of axles is 13-14 inches. About 34 in length and about 9 in deep if you take the scope off.

any ideas?

BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What about breaking it down, removing the bow yoke?

Most X-bows ship un-assembled in a much smaller box, to the point of sale.

I'd contact Raven direct and ask what they recommend for travel.

Last edited by AH64guy; 02/21/17.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I haven't looked at whether or not it's possible.
It isn't like other crossbows where the bow end easily removes. there is a long metal frame, though, that attaches to the stock looks like a couple of allen bolts. If that comes off, then it could be turned sideways and fit into a pelican archer case or something else.

Ravin has had no answer yet for a hard case solution, they do offer a nice form-fitted soft case, though.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
You're holding it, so you have much clearer picture than I do, but...

It looks like the yoke on yours would be easier to remove than my crossbows, you have a single string across the rail, and nothing underneath.

Most x-bows have the crossing cables underneath the rail, and at least a slider (that gets lost) or some device to reduce the friction on the cables.

Looks like three allen bolts on a side, holding the yoke on?

I'd call Raven and see if they have a suggestion, and if the x-bow ships assembled. The only issue with removing the yoke I could see would the possibility of a warranty claim later.

I'd be willing to bet that Raven will be glad to help you in exchange for a few marketing pictures of the hunt. Just a thought.

Last edited by AH64guy; 02/21/17.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Now that is an idea. I've talked with them and they seem like good folks. Said if they have a prototype by then they would loan it to me. Not likely in time though. Warranty is void when bow is removed. I am considering it anyway. The bow is shipped completely set up from the factory. Said they shipped all over the world in cardboard box which is very sturdy. Might do that.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 53 invisible), 3,126 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,741
Posts18,401,179
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.