-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've posted this before but it's been quite a while so I'll do it again.

Time to think about getting into practice. Get a Nerf soccer ball. It's about the size of a deer's vitals. Use a wire to thread a 3' 1/4" rope though it and tie it off with a big washer so it won't pull through. Tie a knot in the free end for a handhold. A longer rope will give you a stronger swing but the added drag from the rope will slow it down and it won't go much farther. With a good swing and the right bounce, you can throw it 50, maybe even 60 yds. Play it where it lies. Stalk it. Cuss it. It's like hunting.

The best heads I've found are ordinary field points. Stuff like Judos and blunts will shred it fast. A field point will stick and flip it with even marginal hits and the ball will last a lot longer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Excellent idea!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
My problem would be finding the glancing missed arrows 200-300 yds away.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've posted this before but it's been quite a while so I'll do it again.

Time to think about getting into practice. Get a Nerf soccer ball. It's about the size of a deer's vitals. Use a wire to thread a 3' 1/4" rope though it and tie it off with a big washer so it won't pull through. Tie a knot in the free end for a handhold. A longer rope will give you a stronger swing but the added drag from the rope will slow it down and it won't go much farther. With a good swing and the right bounce, you can throw it 50, maybe even 60 yds. Play it where it lies. Stalk it. Cuss it. It's like hunting.

The best heads I've found are ordinary field points. Stuff like Judos and blunts will shred it fast. A field point will stick and flip it with even marginal hits and the ball will last a lot longer.

Makes more sense than my first thought was imagining you running and shooting like this smile smile :

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
My problem would be finding the glancing missed arrows 200-300 yds away.
If you can hit the ball, it'll stop them. If you can't hit it, well, can't help you there, Buddy. Shorter shots maybe? grin

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.