Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by cdb

....and to top it off can't spell the word off.

Ouch !

My "just coz" is:

"it's just as good as _______, and more efficient"

BobinNH said. "more efficient means less performance" ! I can't think of a single exception to that ! !

Jerry

I recant my earlier statement. That bugs the heck out of me.

I am MAGA.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by mathman
....but those are small potatoes compared to ice cubes in sipping whisk(e)y. grin

He just said things you don't like, not things that make you recoil in horror cry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1) The 270 Winchester.
2) Anything on or in a firearm that requires batteries.
3) Camo wallets, Camo flashlights,Camo toilet paper and especially Camo'd firearms. I also think putting small children in camo and letting them play outside, say before the age of 3, is asking for trouble. Spray painting your turkey gun is exempt.
4) People who don't wear the legal amount of hunter orange in a state that requires it. That's just begging for trouble.
5) Turkey rounds that exceed $2/round. My ire raises in direct proportion to the cost.
6) Anti-UV products for hunters. Don't get me started.
7) $30 rain suits sold as $300 scent-blocking suits. In fact anything that claims to manage scent.
8) People who ask me what the best whitetail round is out past 300 yards.
9) People who buy too much gun just so they can shoot Managed Recoil ammunition.
10) Old School turkey hunters that claim the only legitimate way to hunt turkeys is. . .

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well ! ! I have 1 more.

Shaman whistle
grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did I honk you off?

Or did I remind you of something else to be honked off about?

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
When the weatherman fuggs up and I'm 2 miles deep in the woods with an old original '86 or'71 lever action or Sharps rifle in the rain when there's a Ruger all weather 358 back at camp or in the truck! mad

BTDT and its why I now carry a light rain sock for the rifle... just in case....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shaman
1) The 270 Winchester.
2) Anything on or in a firearm that requires batteries.
3) Camo wallets, Camo flashlights,Camo toilet paper and especially Camo'd firearms. I also think putting small children in camo and letting them play outside, say before the age of 3, is asking for trouble. Spray painting your turkey gun is exempt.
4) People who don't wear the legal amount of hunter orange in a state that requires it. That's just begging for trouble.
5) Turkey rounds that exceed $2/round. My ire raises in direct proportion to the cost.
6) Anti-UV products for hunters. Don't get me started.
7) $30 rain suits sold as $300 scent-blocking suits. In fact anything that claims to manage scent.
8) People who ask me what the best whitetail round is out past 300 yards.
9) People who buy too much gun just so they can shoot Managed Recoil ammunition.
10) Old School turkey hunters that claim the only legitimate way to hunt turkeys is. . .

1 agree totally. Plus anything ruger.
2 ok to have batteries.. makes varmints at night easier.
3 I don't use camo on purpose for anything anymore other than waterfowl. Even turkeys don't require it.
4I'm good with orange, though its not required here.
5 We can only shoot 4 turkeys here.. don't much care about the cost for 4 rounds. Especially if they pattern well enough to be lethal at 50-60 yards.
6I don't worry about UV
7watch the wind.
8past 300 yards, actually past 200, if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it... my 308 is fine WAY past 300....
9 much gun is good, its versatile. But if you do it just to shoot reduced loads I agree
10 Interesting, don't want batteries on a gun, but ok to kill turkeys however.
11 I used to despise anyone lazy enough to hunt with a firearm... but I got over that. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK. I'll let you have batteries on or in your firearm after dark. The reason I don't like batteries is they always seem to go dead when you really need them.

My reason for disliking camo is I don't like it used inappropriately. You drop your camo wallet in the woods-- now what?

My reason for disliking some Old Schoolers is the intolerance. There are enough turkeys out there that everyone can go have fun however they want. The idea that you have to have your back to a tree and only use a box call is abhorent to me. Mind you, I kick it up old school once in a while, but I don't mind if somebody else wants to hide in a pop-up blind and use decoys.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Well ! ! I have 1 more.
Shaman whistle
grin

Originally Posted by shaman
Did I honk you off?

No, just joking about the 270. grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
1. ebony fore ends

2. ebony fore ends with white spacers

3. red, orange recoil pads

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
White spacers on anything.

I don't even like white spacers on a pool stick.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Men wearing hats/covers indoors.
Cammo in public. You aren'thunting. If you're military, we used to have a rule against wearing utilities off base. But I'm old school. I hate those tan suede combat boots too. They always look dirty.
I hate grumpy old guys 'cause they act like me.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rost495
When the weatherman fuggs up and I'm 2 miles deep in the woods with an old original '86 or'71 lever action or Sharps rifle in the rain when there's a Ruger all weather 358 back at camp or in the truck! mad

BTDT and its why I now carry a light rain sock for the rifle... just in case....

Thanks for the rain sock tip Rost, never heard of one.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Deflagrate
Men wearing hats/covers indoors.
Cammo in public. You aren'thunting. If you're military, we used to have a rule against wearing utilities off base. But I'm old school. I hate those tan suede combat boots too. They always look dirty.
I hate grumpy old guys 'cause they act like me.

What's that in your avatar?

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495

Thanks for the rain sock tip Rost, never heard of one.

I found this online. Sounds like a good idea:

https://www.waterproofguncovers.com/collections/rifle-gun-cover

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Nifty, I'll give em a look see. smile

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
There are also ways to REALLY protect both metal and wood, without changing the appearance of either. For steel, Dyna-Tek Gun Shield is the real deal, whether all the bluing's still there or not.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
There are also ways to REALLY protect both metal and wood, without changing the appearance of either. For steel, Dyna-Tek Gun Shield is the real deal, whether all the bluing's still there or not.

Thanks MD, my main concern is warping the forearms on my Sharps rifles, I've heard horror stories of folks trying to get those lined back out.

Of course the old buffalo hunters and mountain men used lard and pine pitch to seal and bed the barrel channels, I'll just try to keep mine dry if I can.

I've got the Dyna-Tek Gun Shield saved in my favorites section.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
A strip of electrical tape along each side of the barrel/forend gap keeps H20 out of the barrel channel. Looks kinda funny, but it works! Have used it on a Quebec caribou hunt on a pre-'64 Model 70.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, 10-4, whatever it takes to keep the warp out.

Trump Won!
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.