-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone actually seen one of the lammy stock American target models for sale?

Recently, Ruger has had stuff in the pipe by the time they announce, but so far this one looks like unobtanium.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
There are some folks on rimfirecentral that already have them, in all three chamberings, at that.

Of course, they're all happy with them, too, as anyone would be, with their new toys. One feller complained about the bolt being hard to turn down into the locked position, but that's not uncommon on ANY new boltgun, and it got smoother with some working in front of the TV.

My Predator is likewise smoothing up with some use. I "guess" it's got the semi-target diameter barrel, but it's plenty light, as is.

Mine is shooting ALMOST as good as my CZ 452, and better than my CZ 455.
If the new "Target" version shoots as well as my Predator, it'll be a nice little gun.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872866

Once you get there, you can see the other threads.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Oops! Just found one on GB, so they do exist. Hopefully, Darrik will have them this summer, when my next gotta-have-it attack strikes.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
There are some folks on rimfirecentral that already have them, in all three chamberings, at that.

Of course, they're all happy with them, too, as anyone would be, with their new toys. One feller complained about the bolt being hard to turn down into the locked position, but that's not uncommon on ANY new boltgun, and it got smoother with some working in front of the TV.

My Predator is likewise smoothing up with some use. I "guess" it's got the semi-target diameter barrel, but it's plenty light, as is.

If the new "Target" version shoots as well as my Predator, it'll be a nice little gun.

Just me, but I hope the "target" version shoots better than the predator model... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Just me, but I hope the "target" version shoots better than the predator model... wink

Mine shoots pretty good with the right ammo. I went out this AM and piddled around for awhile. The 'right ammo' is the kicker. Mine shoots almost as well as my CZ 452, which is saying a lot.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
picked one up on saturday and looked at it at local gun shop. they had one. seemed like 429. i thought it was a bit heavy,maybe that's good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow... You actually saw one in person already? I think Ruger just announced it at the end of December or so (?). I was in the market for something like that and wanted to see and hold one but a local dealer said something like "it would be a miracle if you see one before the middle of this summer". So on January 20th I wound up getting a CZ 455 Varmint Thumbhole Fluted with a nice laminate stock instead which I'm real happy with and is sharp looking; but I STILL wanna see that "R.A.T.". They are also one sharp looking little piece.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
bullseye gun & range in lawrenceville, ga. they had several of the regular ones, and the compacts, all priced less than the one wood laminate target model. it was nice looking, but heavy in my book for a walking around gun.

they move a lot of guns, especially the black ones.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ruger's web site lists the Target model at 6.7 lbs. and my 455 with the lamiated thumbhole stock is listed at 6.86 lbs. and of course I had to pick it up and fondle it first and it didn't seem too heavy. Only time I'd have to carry it any distance would be squirrel hunting and its got studs and I'm looking at slings.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bsa1917: I am NOT familiar with the "predator model" but my MK-IV Hunter model shoots exceptionally well - in fact I "plunked" a Gopher in my back yard with it this afternoon!
Not much of a shot, 20 yards or so, but I hit him dead center (red dot optical sight).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.