Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
We ordered several when they were announced and they've been hanging in the racks since. We hadn't sold one yet, so we really hadn't played with them much.

My soon to be 10 year old son went into work with me for a bit yesterday. He always hangs out around the archery portion of the shop. He'd told me he wanted a camo bow this year, so it was going to happen -- just a matter of time. I'd expected we'd just set up another Mission Craze, but in camo. His current Craze is black.

I went looking for him and found him with a Hoyt Klash in his hands. He told me it felt better in his hands and it really balanced well. I handed it to the guys behind the counter and asked them to tie a d-loop on it.

I took it to the bag and shot it. I was impressed! No shock, no vibration, really smooth draw and a nice wall. We cranked it down and then he shot it. He immediately said this was the bow he wanted.

Got it home and set his first couple of pins. He was immediately shooting it well -- really well -- better than he'd been shooting his Craze. Maybe the bow fits him better? Maybe grip or string angle? Who knows?

Anyway, it's an impressive little bow. If anybody here has a youngster they're about to set up, stop by your Hoyt dealer and try out the Klash.

The Mission Craze is a nice bow too, but I think the Hoyt Klash will impress...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There are some tremendous buys in archery these days. A couple years back I had a Hoyt Charger that was a fantastic bow. $500 beginner bows is what they were billed as, I shot 443 24X average BHFS in our fall 450 Vegas league with it....I believe the new version is called the Powermax but still a super quality bow for ~$500.

Last edited by centershot; 03/07/17.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by centershot
There are some tremendous buys in archery these days. A couple years back I had a Hoyt Charger that was a fantastic bow. $500 beginner bows is what they were billed as, I shot 443 24X average BHFS in our fall 450 Vegas league with it....I believe the new version is called the Powermax but still a super quality bow for ~$500.

The Hoyt is a nice bow but "443 24x average" is bowman, not bow.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The youth bows of today are unreal.

I'm not really loyal to any specific archery brand. It's all personal a preference thing in my opinion. We carry several brands -- Mathews, Hoyt, Elite, Obsession, Bowtech, Bear, etc. I do like the way the majority of those guys handle their business. It's more territorial than the gun business. We can't ship most of them and I see that as a good thing.

I have the luxury of shooting them all daily if I want. You also learn about longevity by seeing what comes in for repair frequently. The good ones remain at the top for a reason.

The downside -- the manufacturers are starting to get the flagship bows at a price where the average consumer can't afford to buy a new bow every year.

I really like setting up the kids. Youth archery is big and nothing is better than seeing a smile on a kids face. I tend to give away more than I should, but we're in a position to do so.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
The youth bows of today are unreal.

That is no joke! My boys got Diamond Infinite Edge Pro's for Christmas. The 9yo's arrows are much, much faster than I remember my first hunting legal bow being and his is still less than legal draw weight. My bow, back in the day, got a pass through at 15yds on my first bow shot deer!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love the Hoyt bows. My advice would be to have the limb pockets lubed. They have a history of creaking after time. Seems the lube they use in the factory is inadequate.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.