Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Mjduct Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looking to pick up an electronic caller for hunting predators and varmints at night species in this priority order are:

Feral Hogs
Foxes
Coyotes
Raccoons
Bobcats
Anything else...

I want to get quality but not spend a ton, looking for a single speaker with remote. Really liking the Fox Pro Inferno, lots of good reviews, comes with a pretty good assortment of calls.

Q1: Are there any other calls I should consider in the 200-300 dollar price range?

Q2: any special techniques/ tricks I should try my first time predator hunting?

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For what you are wanting for now the inferno is good to go.
With the new remote its perfect.
need one that's louder them look at the Banshee
Play the wind always!, cross breeze or in your face, set up where you feel the animal will come from.
Keep looking and be ready fast.

Last edited by 5spd; 03/07/17.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I've had just about every foxpro out there, the inferno is good, fusion is good, wildfire isn't bad(remote can be sucky sometimes), ignore the spitfire, the higher up you go in price you get better volume, remotes, and bigger sound libraries ( as well as a bunch of other crap you will never actually use). The lucky duck revolution is getting a lot of attention as of late as well. Regardless of unit, buy good batteries!

One thing I cannot stress enough is to learn how to use mouth calls. Not only is it the bread and butter of predator calling but your e-caller(no matter how many times foxpro touts reliability and customer service) will fail you, and its generally at the worst possible time. It's good to be able to salvage the day when you have a good lanyard of calls.

As said above watch the wind if you want foxes and coyotes. 9 times out of ten they will attempt to play the wind.cats don't care. If hunting at night, Scout and plan your stands in the daylight. Try to pick areas that give you some elevation. Don't skimp on the light. Don't start calling till your comfortable and ready to shoot. It can happen in the blink of an eye.

Night calling is fun, and effective, day calling is more fun and rewarding for me.

No task is half-a$$ed more than the spelling of Creedmoor...
Mjduct Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hendricks
Don't skimp on the light.

any good reccomendations? I've got a bunch of surefires with red covers (old 9P with a clicky tailcap puts out about 120 lumens)

what should I upgrade to?

Thanks!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mjduct
Originally Posted by hendricks
Don't skimp on the light.

any good reccomendations? I've got a bunch of surefires with red covers (old 9P with a clicky tailcap puts out about 120 lumens)

what should I upgrade to?

Thanks!

I've used one of these for about 2 years now.

https://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/hunting-lights/fire-eye-scan-light-kit

4 different colors instantly. Brightness and focus adjustments.

By "using it" I mean literally every night.

Excellent light.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
685 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,809 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,877
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.