Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone here have any first hand experience or knowledge of the Keystone Arms 722 Classic .22lr. Nice looking rifle for about $327 at Buds. It's American made in PA. Have read good and bad at Rimfirecentral.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Keystone+722&x=0&y=0

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks interesting. I linked around into the rimfire central thread and it seems the rifle has promise. The magazine and trigger engineering raises my eyebrows. Might need some tweaking...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have been awaiting their release of the 22 MAG from what I hear they are hit & miss as far as accuracy. The customer service is outstanding from the reports I hear

Jim

Last edited by Hippy; 03/18/17.

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have one of the Varmint Models and absolutely love it. It will shoot 3/8th inch groups quite often at 50 yds. I made a few head shots on tree rats at 65 yds with it. Fit and finish are top notch. Very good rifle for the money.

Steve..........

GOA Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I looked at two of them this morning, and thought that they were a good value for the money, and seemed to be a nice, lightweight little gun.

The LOP seemed awfully short to me, but then I remembered that they make the Cricket kid's guns, and it sorta cleared that up. I liked the guns, frankly, but since they were tied up with zip ties, I didn't really get a good sense of what they're all about. The stocks were VERY nicely done, for the price point. If I didn't have some other, very good guns already, I might have been more tempted, but overall, I thought they were nicely done.

I ended up buying a CZ455 Scout, which has a similar LOP, and will be a fun gun to mix and match parts with my 455 American. I really didn't need it, but need seldom has anything to do with things these days.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 04/04/17.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I checked the length of pull on the Varmint Model I have and it measures out at 13.25 inch. It does feel a tad short.

ratsmacker
Which guns had zip ties on them?

Steve.........

GOA Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That local gunshop has ties on everydangedthing, I guess they don't want you to work the actions or dry-fire them (I can see that with a rimfire), or most likely, to keep some riff-raff from inserting a loaded round into one of them and causing an incident.

The shop had the "fancy" sporter, and the plain-jane sporter, if they had the other two versions, I didn't notice them.
As I said, I liked them pretty well, but I've already got some awfully good rimfire rifles and really don't want to get into yet another.

A couple Rugers, a couple Marlins, three CZs, an old Remington and an ancient Stevens, and pretty soon, you've got a whole herd. crazy

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
K
K
Goodmorning everyone. I was looking online and discovered this forum. I am the repair tech at keystone and if you guys have any questions about the 722 or any of our products please feel free to ask.There are alot of opinions out there but getting it straight from the horses
mouth is always the best route.I know there were some questions about our walnut stocks and i can tell you that they are still hand sanded by our team out at the woodshop and they do some of the best work the world has to offer.All of our walnut is grown 20 minutes from our shop and is dried in our own kiln to have better control of the moisture count.This ensures quality and that is what we are all about. I look forward to hearing from a few of you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

For what those guns cost -there us WAY MORE "good " than bad about them .They are good rifles.

Youd have to be one unreasonably picky SOB to find much fault in a 100% American made bolt gun with a walnut Stock that shoots as well as they do.

Any other conpany is lucky to sell you Plastic at those prices..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ksatech, welcome to the fire and thanks for your post. It's refreshing to see 100% American built products offered at competitive prices.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

K
K
Thanks fellas. and thank you for your support of our products. I know i can speak for everyone here when i say that there is alot of pride in the workmanship of our rifles and everyone here does their very best everyday to make the best products they can.I greatly appreciate the warm welcome and i am always here if you all have any questions or problems with any of our products.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any LH models planned?

K
K
700LH. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there are no future plans to have a left hand model in the 722 line. We do have one in the chipmunk line but that iis a single shot youth model.. We as a company have had a hard time with the left hand rifles in general, there just does not seem to be enough interest to warrant the cost of making one.I know there are alot of left hand shooters out there, myself being one of them, but i think most will just settle into a right hand action and be happy with it.I myself am guilty of this.I know someone had ask about the .22WMR chambering in the 722 line as well and that has fallen into the same fate as the left hand models.It is a shame but the tooling costs are incredible and we have to have enough sales to make that up in order to proceed with it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thats it! You're now off my Christmas Card list...

jk

grin

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nice looking little rifles except for the oddball, overly long grip on the checkered model. From the looks of all the videos out there they need to work on the magazine as there are lots of failure to feed/rough, balky feeding issues.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Daughter loves hers. The accuracy and build quality are good. Excellent irons on it. The magazine is great. It even feeds Super Colibris. Nothing currently on the market comes close for a quality kid gun.

Two knocks on it are the short safety throw and oddball scope mount. You'll have a hard time mounting a scope as low as you'd like it unless you find an aftermarket rail. Someone as KSA has their head up their backside about that rail they sell.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
K
K
I still have time to make it up to you. Christmas is a little ways off yet.

K
K
Most of the trouble with the magazines that come about have to do with the springs. When they come in they are in bulk and need to be seperated and if your not careful you can distort them, It does not take much and then the mag hangs up.I have not received too many complaints about them but if i do i make sure to make good on it. I will never let a customer be unhappy, after all if you do not have happy customers then you do not have a business very long.

K
K
I am not sure what serial number you have but on the newer 722s they have the new trigger group with a slightly different safety. If you can pass on your serial# i could tell you if it has the newer trigger group. As for the scope mount. I have had numerous complaints about that one. Your right it is too high and i do not like it myself. I just want everyone to know for the record i had nothing to do with that one.There are no plans to change the mount in the future, The way it is made it is even hard to take away enough material from the receiver side to lower it as much as it needs to go.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by ksatech
I am not sure what serial number you have but on the newer 722s they have the new trigger group with a slightly different safety. If you can pass on your serial# i could tell you if it has the newer trigger group. As for the scope mount. I have had numerous complaints about that one. Your right it is too high and i do not like it myself. I just want everyone to know for the record i had nothing to do with that one.There are no plans to change the mount in the future, The way it is made it is even hard to take away enough material from the receiver side to lower it as much as it needs to go.

Please check your Private Messages

Jim

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.