Print Thread
Hop To
M
maggie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Coming back down from Denali and need a place to stay overnight so we can hit the train to Seward the next morning, rather not stay in Anc if we don't have to. Thought maybe we (2 couples) might stay a bit north and go to the nature center in Eagle River, then hit the RR in the AM. Still working on the rest of the itinerary,(Yes, IB, I'm playing tour guide again, easier with 4 of us than 8, & will be in your neighborhood at some point.) Any suggestions on a decent place to stay somewhere in ER or close to ANC (without being in ANC?) Thanks in advance. Don't want to hurt anybody's feelers that live in ANC., I just ain't geared to cities.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Glad to hear it! You must be a good tour guide doing it as much as you have. Still got my cell? Hollah if you need anything. Hope to meet up for a cool one.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Microtel in Eagle River is pretty nice, might also be the only option for a hotel.

There are lots of B&B's, worth looking into that route and would be my preference to a hotel. The city part of Anchorage is just downtown and midtown. I wouldn't whole sale discount Anchorage when considering B&B's.

Having lived almost 18 years in Eagle River and over 2 years in Anchorage I'd say much of Anchorage gets a bad rap.

Technically we live in Anchorage, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

[Linked Image]

M
maggie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Hadn't thought about B&Bs, thanks for the idea, will also look at the Microtel. Still in the planning stage for most everything.
Yep, Mike, have your C #, will let you know when we have our dates firmed up, plan to be in your neck of the woods two or three days at least. A get together will be on tap for sure.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 for Microtel

If you are going to be dumb - you've got to be tuff.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just had a friend up from Fairbanks and he stayed at the Eagle River hotel, nothing fancy but clean and inexpensive.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.