Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
drover Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Just curious if I am still the only one still laying in 22 ammo and components anytime I can find them at a reasonable price.

At the rate the Rinos and Dems are fighting Trump tooth and nail on everything he is trying to do and the debacle that repealing Obamacare without a replacement I am concerned that in 2018 the Republican majority control will be but a brief memory.

For myself I am just going to keep on making sure that I don't get caught short.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I suspect you may be right about the mid-term elections, but I pretty much stocked up for life after Obama got re-elected. Though I did pick up a couple of 525's of Federal bulk-pack Champion .22 LR hollow-points when they showed up on the shelves of one local store after Trump was elected. My wife's Anschutz, her primary gopher-gun, shoots them very well....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Can't stock up here. Still no 22 LR at decent prices. LGS had them at $7/50

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drover
Just curious if I am still the only one still laying in 22 ammo and components anytime I can find them at a reasonable price.

At the rate the Rinos and Dems are fighting Trump tooth and nail on everything he is trying to do and the debacle that repealing Obamacare without a replacement I am concerned that in 2018 the Republican majority control will be but a brief memory.

For myself I am just going to keep on making sure that I don't get caught short.

drover

I just bought some more bullets and primers today and scored on some H4350!!!!!!!! There is a god.... cool The shelves are way stocked up on 22lr here too... The last time I was at Cabela's, I bought a brick of SK standard match grade ammo. It was on sale and the shelves were stocked with CCI, aguila, browning, and a few other brands I didn't recognize... Glad to see things turning around..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes... As I live in a bad state.. When I see things getting low I replenish. Actually stocking up up on some items as new laws are going to make ammo hard to find and expensive. Midway has Federal 22LR Ulra Match for $9.99 I got a couple of bricks at that price.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
There seems to be 22lr just about everywhere now! Picked up a 1400 count bucket golden bullets at Sportsman's, this week! It's squeek season here! The federal I purchased last fall are the worst I've ever seen! Its like when they did get powder, only half enough was used. The others just get a dent in the rim, and don't go bang! I thought it was my 10-22 messing up, so I tried my 39 lever! No better, then took a box of ten year old shorts and compared to the federal! The shorts hit an inch higher at 25 yards! That tells me federal pumped out a bunch of crap during the Obummer years!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have all I probably would ever need, but not all I might want for fooling around, trying to find the best load for everything. New rifles seem to keep finding their way here, so it's never gonna be over until I am.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Local Walmart says their weekly shipment now lasts until the next day. Must still be some VISAs not quite maxed out. Meant to check the shelves for Spam, Vienna sausages, and Pork & Beans but I forgot.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Local walmark here still has NONE -I just check to see how long this is going to go on.

Years now ...

The gun counter employee said if and when they get it it's very little .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every now and then I find a 100 round box of Winchester HP's at Walamrt. My old Remington 22 rifle really shoots them well, so I try and keep a bunch on hand.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of 22's hereabouts, but sort of an eclectic selection. Local Field and Stream has stacks of cases of Fed Auto "match quality", 325 rounds for about $19. Jury is out on just how good this stuff might be.
Super x and Remington golds were there as well at about 10 cents a round. Several kinds of Eley for twice that price.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yesterday Dad and I walked into Academy and right there out in the open was all kinds of 22lr and no limits on anything. And then as if it couldn't get any better, they had a clearance shelf loaded down with 22lr. We didn't buy any since we didn't need any. I told Dad this is what winning looks like!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I took my cues back in '08 and diligently built my inventory over the following years. Unless I live to be 100, I can hunt the rest of my life and play on the range some without buying another thing. It doesn't help that I keep learning about them introducing all these new bullets and powders, though. I wish they'd stop that---well, no...not REALLY.

I sure hope all this pessimism over the next election turns out to be unfounded.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It has been challenging to keep 22 ammo on hand for our K.A.M.O (Kids And Mentors Outdoors) chapters and hunter education classes, but ammo has become readily available recently.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plenty around here now, but I always pick up some Mini Mags when I see them.

`Bring Enough Gun`
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got three bricks of Remington Thunderbolts I'm not going to use if a Scout troop needs them...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's a brick of 22s? I seem to recall something.....not sure anymore.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Visited four local stores yesterday, looking for other stuff, and every one had stacks of .22 Long Rifle and other rimfire ammo for sale, generally at decent prices. But then March in Montana is the beginning of "gopher" season, when ground squirrels really start emerging from underground. Stores usually try to get some in, somehow or other, but it isn't disappearing quickly like it was last March.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Armageddon comes to Alaska, there will either be a very selected few arming themselves out of the personal connexes from the stashes of 22 LR, or we'll all be using 9mm and 223 stuff.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 03/18/17.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
no, didn't get caught short. Shot about a 1000 rds of 22 this last 2 weeks playing with a couple of new rifles though

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.