-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find 22 LR ammo, but not the brands I shot pre-Big O. That available does not reliably run our Hunter Ed 10/22. Very frustrating when one is trying to get 20 kids through 10 rds each and having to stop and clear the action about every 5 rds. We run 4 different shooting stations in our class, and the 10/22 is our hated bottle neck.

Have not seen a brick of Win Power Points in 9 or 10 years.

My personal supply is extremely good, but that's because I responded to the middle America religion/guns comment before BiG O was even elected.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/18/17.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
June 2014. I saw these (35 cases) at a store in Santa Clara. They would let each customer buys three boxes. So I took my son and my daughter to the store and bought nine boxes at a time. Once I had about 5000 rounds I stopped buying them. They sold for less than eight dollars for 50.

[Linked Image][/URL]

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute

My personal supply is extremely good, but that's because I responded to the middle America religion/guns comment before BiG O was even elected.

So you proved him right, did ya?
shocked

I did too, bro.
grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I attended a gunshow here in Illinois this last winter after not having been to one for a couple of years. It seemed to me there were more vendors with reloadng components(particularly powder) than I remembered from past gunshows. Maybe some of these vendors over-bought in expectation of politically-based shortages that haven't happened(yet). I'm hoping some of them will cut prices....

Last edited by Ploughman; 03/21/17.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Still hoping for Federal Premium Gold Medal Large Rifle Magnum Match #215M Primers.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've always tried to slowly build a comfortable inventory. I finished shooting my old stuff in around 2003/4, which I brought with me to Wyo. in 1985 (I've always been a prepper grin).Continued to slowly increase inventory until the half-breed Kenyan got in office. I've only managed to buy 3 bricks (550 bulk pack), since, which I gave to my son! If I can ever start buying again, I'll start shooting again!
Components: Never stopped,but was slowed a bit for a while. memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/22/17.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by 1minute

So you proved him right, did ya?
shocked

I did too, bro.
grin

Self fulfilling prophecy. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
22LR is readily available. I'm to the point of turning down allocations. We have tons of 22WMR too.

Primers are hit and miss, brass inventories aren't great either. I'd venture to guess you'll see that change by the end of the year.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cabela's and Sportsmans Warehouse both had plenty of 22s on the shelves. By way of comparison, a brick of Thunderbolts was priced at $35. I'm not ready to pay that yet.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The only place that doesn't have 22 RF in stock locally is the Wallyworld where the trailer park crowd grabs it up for their stash. I never understood the hoarding/prepper crap. I was always able to get 22 RF, and could always get rifle or shotgun/pistol powder.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that they have succeeded in getting the price of rimfire ammo doubled it is showing up every where since the Dem's are out of power

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Cabela's and Sportsmans Warehouse both had plenty of 22s on the shelves. By way of comparison, a brick of Thunderbolts was priced at $35. I'm not ready to pay that yet.

Snake River, I feel the same way, waiting until more reasonable! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Deflagrate
The only place that doesn't have 22 RF in stock locally is the Wallyworld where the trailer park crowd grabs it up for their stash. I never understood the hoarding/prepper crap. I was always able to get 22 RF, and could always get rifle or shotgun/pistol powder.

I "resemble" this on several points. One of them being..... WTSHTF, and it will sooner or later,you'll wish you'd have thought that out a little more. memtb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Deflagrate

I "resemble" this on several points. One of them being..... WTSHTF, and it will sooner or later,you'll wish you'd have thought that out a little more. memtb

I've been hearing "WTSHTF" since I was a little kid in the '60s. It was the Nazi's coming back, the Commie Ruskies, the Hippies or Yippies, racial rebellion, the gas crisis, the economy, Militias, etc etc etc etc.
I'll just go shoot the hoarders and take their crap.

I forgot: The UN, Black Helicopters, the Chinese through Mexico, Men in Black Suits, and the Aliens behind the Comet!

Last edited by Deflagrate; 03/23/17.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i'm a bit concerned that the average rank & file member doesn't give sufficient importance to the aliens behind the comet scenario.

it might be the planet behind the sun, as an analogy?

we gotta be ready, for we know that the truth is out there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I just saw an alert for ammo I haven't seen in years... 22lr... but at 12 per 100 I"ll pass...hell maybe it was 12 per 50...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think Wal-marts price is still 27 dollars a brick when they can get it. To me, that's what the "fair" price ought to be. Just my opinion based on nothing whatsoever. When and if I find 22lr on the shelf at that price I'll buy it. If I feel like I really need it, I think there are places online that have it for that price. If I think we're going to run into the shortage again, I may pay the premium; but for now, I'm not buying till the price comes down.

On the plus side, Cabela's in Idaho Falls had just about every brand of 22mag on the shelf you could think of including winchester 40gr hollowpoints. Unfortunately, my 22mag is still in Maryland keeping groundhogs from devouring the garden.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Deflagrate, When you go to take out a hoarder... You're just going to leave your family with one less mouth to feed! memtb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just bought 10 325 packs of Federal .22 ammo from sgammo.com for $189.50 + $16 shipping. Works out to 6.3 cents per round. Not bad. And, I don't have to waste my time checking Wal-Mart, which never has any, and when they do it's $29 + tax...which equals about 9.5 cents per round.

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
FWIW, I just left the trailer park, grin and headed over to Wal-Mart. Found some 550 pack Remington Golden's. Made my first purchase in many years! wink memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/23/17.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.