Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Looks like a stuffed cat in his lap, too!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder if he's published a recipe book.

You have to subscribe to see the link.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have visited some AU hunting forums, feral cat hunting is Big Time down there. Some of the "trophy" pics are a real riot, would definitely trigger snowflakes here..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dog is probably the runner-up.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Looks like the "Bitter Beer Face" dude.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my buddies use to have a mink growing operation. It would attract feral cats like a magnet. We would stand at the back of the sheds and send someone in the other end and those cats would come piling out. Lots of fun with an unplugged shotgun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A close friend of mine made his spending money as a kid trapping fur to sell as coon skin hats during the Davy Crockett craze in the 1950's and said cat pelts sold for twice what real raccoons were bringing as the hat companies were set up to die cat fur.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That codger's really hating on the pussy.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Have visited some AU hunting forums, feral cat hunting is Big Time down there. Some of the "trophy" pics are a real riot, would definitely trigger snowflakes here..

LOL, link?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 458Win
A close friend of mine made his spending money as a kid trapping fur to sell as coon skin hats during the Davy Crockett craze in the 1950's and said cat pelts sold for twice what real raccoons were bringing as the hat companies were set up to die cat fur.

I'd never hear this before! When I was a kid we must have had 50 feral cats in the barn. After several failed attempts at shooting his way out of the problem, Dad ended up poisoning them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally.....I actually have a hero.

I'll wreck a brand new truck trying to get pulled over so I can shoot a feral Cat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by 458Win

I'd never hear this before! When I was a kid we must have had 50 feral cats in the barn. After several failed attempts at shooting his way out of the problem, Dad ended up poisoning them.

Both my uncle's and grandfather's farms in N Central Mo would become over run with cats every few years and after the ladies of the house had pointed out the "good cats" that were to be left alone I would be given the task of taking my 22 and reducing the population.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am no where near that Aussie's record, but I have spent a lifetime killing feral cats. And some that were not maybe officially feral, but out and about. smile

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

LOL, link?

I dunno if they're still operating, but there was a site called Ausvarmints.com that was a real hoot. Everything from cats to camels, horses to buffalo, throw in some cane toads and you had a laugh riot on a nasty rainy day.

There was often a debate on what to use on cane toads. Some of the fellers liked their .22 WMRs, while others favored their .17 HMRs, and yet others who preferred a five iron. grin

They call the cats "moggies" for some reason, and some of their trophies were hitting 12-14 kg., which is pretty damned big. They got that way eating native species, which the Aussies do not care for.

It kinda went away awhile back, I'm not sure what happened to it, but I sure got a lot of chuckles out of it.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 03/19/17.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's an old feral tomcat lurking around here that needs to be eliminated. My 5 year old couch potato neutered male cat was putzing around in the yard a few days ago and the feral cat tried to kill it,...got him by the throat and put some puncture wounds in him. Cost me a trip to the vet.

I've got a trap set for him but he's a wary old bastard.

There's a .32 wadcutter in his future if I catch him holding still in the back yard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
25 years ago, we had the misfortune of having to live in a trailer park for several years. Hellish places, trailer parks, and full of feral cats. There was a big steel blue tom that I called Fluffy that ruled the park. In the park, there was no way to shoot the SOB. One night we came home from somewhere and found that he was in the house via tearing off a screen. I told the boys to close all the windows because his reign of terror ended that night. We spent the next half hour trying to herd him into a place where we could catch him. We finally got him under a low dresser. We wrapped an old blanket around 3 sides of it and I used a broom handle to force him out. He got tangled in the blanket and we just rolled him up.
Fluffy got a free ride to the country and 2 loads of #4's from a 20ga. The blanket wasn't worth bringing home.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Out & About = Just over a Benelli front bead.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We used to kill a lot of them when I quail hunted. Dogs or 12 gauge kills cshit out of them. They are easy to catch in live traps too. Sometimes you get skunks, not so good.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My wife kills a lot of "feral" dogs here on our place. I think the owners need to be shot. Feral pets of any kind are not welcome on our property!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.