Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 79 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 78 79
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mtwarden
I think the fact that they do put a hurt on vs say an elliptical and that they take up double-triple the room, has made them somewhat of a dinosaur- too bad a very effective machine

They're one of the more popular cardio machines at my gym. We have 16-18 of those and they're full during busy times. The gym is huge though, Lifetime Fitness.

Nice new machines with TV screens and heart rate monitors. I usually tune the TV to the Outdoor channel, I've seen alaskalanche on there a time or two.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
that's encouraging, maybe they are makin a comeback; my old gym had one- I think there were just a couple of folks besides myself that used it

I wish my new gym had one (or more)

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
I didn't have a lot of time so I just did a challenge session from the tactical barbell 2 book. It's called the praetorian hills workout I guess it's like a South African special forces workout.

I took a 24kg kettlebell to my hill where I do sprints (~ 30m but steep enough).

The workout goes like this:

-10 swings
-"sprint" the hill....carrying the kettlebell to the top.....
-10 goblet squats with the kettlebell

Then walk down the hill x 10..

For the last few sets I wasn't running much at all.

do that workout on my steep driveway for the past couple of years. I throw in some push ups and /or kb rows at top or bottom of hill. Did not know it was an actual workout.

I can kind of sprint one time up hill ( 100 yds) carry kb in goblet position by chest then I am pooped and just carry up instead of running.

A real arse kicker fer sure

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Elliptical 25min

3x5: Dead lift- BB curls-Low rows-Leg curls-Leg extensions-Front BB squats

Roll outs 2x25

3 mi Dog walk

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
I didn't have a lot of time so I just did a challenge session from the tactical barbell 2 book. It's called the praetorian hills workout I guess it's like a South African special forces workout.

I took a 24kg kettlebell to my hill where I do sprints (~ 30m but steep enough).

The workout goes like this:

-10 swings
-"sprint" the hill....carrying the kettlebell to the top.....
-10 goblet squats with the kettlebell

Then walk down the hill x 10..

For the last few sets I wasn't running much at all.

do that workout on my steep driveway for the past couple of years. I throw in some push ups and /or kb rows at top or bottom of hill. Did not know it was an actual workout.

I can kind of sprint one time up hill ( 100 yds) carry kb in goblet position by chest then I am pooped and just carry up instead of running.

A real arse kicker fer sure

It is an awesome session. My hill isn't 100yds but it's really steep.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by kaboku68
C2 Refurbished are about $600.00. Brand new they run about a grand. They are an awesome machine for intervals and for cardio conditioning.

https://www.amazon.com/Concept2-Mod...1408315&sr=8-1&keywords=c2+rower

I'm. It really worried about the price of the machine, I'm living in the "bush" though so everything has to get flown in. That can get expensive for heavy/bulky stuff. Sometimes it's not bad, other times it's just not worth it.

Now if I could get a c2 from Amazon prime....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll be a little sore tomorrow; hill repeats this evening

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'll be a little sore tomorrow; hill repeats this evening

[Linked Image]

That looks like my kind of run. After years of ultra running and marathon training, long runs just seem dreadful to me. 4-6 miles with some long tough hills is more like it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sort of an easy day today.

-bunch of glute stuff for my warm up, seems to really help my back injury.

-goblet squats 3x8 (32kg)
-one hand KB swings 10x10 (32kg) 25 seconds rest between sets
-turkish get ups x10 (5 each side w/32kg)

-Easy run ~ 4 miles in 30 minutes, just sort of cruising on the dirt/gravel roads and onto some trails into the rolling hills. Just worked really hard on relaxing and releasing tension, felt good, like an easy jog.

My back injury is getting much muuuuch better, lately it really only bothers me when I sit for a long time. I really think doing kettlebell swings and turkish get ups after really warming up my glutes is helping. I just work on perfect form and it really seems to help.

back injuries suck bad, I wish id been more careful during the time I was training for and competing in powerlifting (8 years).

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bent-Over Low-Pulley 5x15--90
Chest Machine 7x15--60
Leg Press 2x23--100
kettle bell swings 2x25--30
roll outs 2x25
Incline Bench Press 9x12-100

treadmill: quick walk pace: 30min.

Rower: 30min

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtwarden;668802
I'll be sore tomorrow, hill repeats this evening

well that was an accurate prediction- uphills and level weren't too bad, downhills blasted my sore quads

5-ish miles
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
..well that was an accurate prediction- uphills and level weren't too bad, downhills blasted my sore quads

Warden, you're a beast. That blasted my quads just reading the graph.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, and he's just relentless. Warden, any concerns with overtraining...?

Did my 27 mile climb rout today...... with my rheutard buddy! He's got his internal dialog flipped 180 and is really into going for it.

The program I'm using (Strava) shows the elevation like this.

[Linked Image]

The stuff down below the graph shows the parts of the rides that are "segments"; in other words they are defined rides that other Strava users have saved. So I can compare to them. The "KoM" (King of the Mountain, IE fastest time) for each of those segments is astounding. There is one bitch of a climb I do where the KOM is almost twice as fast as I do it. Blows my mind; not that I'm slow, but that it's humanly possible to go that fast up those climbs!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I don't know about beast, but I'm pretty steady- like the tortoise smile

I try to keep my training from becoming overtraining. Most of my runs are in pretty rugged country, but at the same time I run most of them at a very moderate pace.

If I feel any [bleep], I do a pretty good job of not ignoring them (lesson learned several times over :D); ditto if I'm feeling like I need a break/additional rest.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't know about beast, but I'm pretty steady- like the tortoise smile

I try to keep my training from becoming overtraining. Most of my runs are in pretty rugged country, but at the same time I run most of them at a very moderate pace.

If I feel any [bleep], I do a pretty good job of not ignoring them (lesson learned several times over :D); ditto if I'm feeling like I need a break/additional rest.

I'm still pretty New to this thread so sorry if it's been discussed but do you do any racing??? You certainly do lots of quality running. Any plans for a 50 mile trail run or anything?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
no sure why it bleeped out n i g g les??? must be a new dirty word I never heard of laugh

yeah I do several mountain races May- Sept- I haven't done any 50 milers, most are 30-60k. the big thing I'm training for currently is the Bob Marshall Open a 100+ mile crossing of the Bob Marshall Wilderness in late May- the beginning and ending points change every year and there is no designated route- you choose your own. It's normally a 3-ish day affair.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've heard of that bob Marshall race, it sounds awesome. I've been backpacking there and it's a really awesome place. I like the idea of a race like that because you are more or less totally self sufficient rather than having an aid station every 10 miles. I'd guess a bob marshal solo crossing would be more of a hike after awhile.

Back maybe 10 years ago I did tons of endurance racing, iron man triathlons, ultra marathons, mountain runs etc, a news really into that foone a long time then had to move over seas for around 6 years and allninreally got to do was lift and a bit of jogging here and there, I had rod ompletely give up the endurance training.

Now I'm just working on fully recovering from an injury but sometimes when I'm out on my short runs I think about really training again at some point and knocking out a 100 mile trail run or 2.

Looking at your run profiles you post also sort of gets me fired up to go hit the trails a bit so yeah hanks for that, I enjoy seeing those.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
the guy who started it competed several years in the Alaskan Wilderness Classic and wanted to bring a similar event to the states, he just happened to live close to the Bob Marshall complex so it worked out pretty well

I started my running "career" very late (mid 50's) so I don't think I have any 100 mile races (save multi-day events) in me, but heck you never know laugh

best of luck with a full recovery!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
the guy who started it competed several years in the Alaskan Wilderness Classic and wanted to bring a similar event to the states, he just happened to live close to the Bob Marshall complex so it worked out pretty well

I started my running "career" very late (mid 50's) so I don't think I have any 100 mile races (save multi-day events) in me, but heck you never know laugh

best of luck with a full recovery!

Better late than never!!! I hope Im running strong when Im in my mid 50s. Recovery is going well, I can do workouts without pain and Im 100% off the medicine and back working full time again so I Im seeing daylight with getting over this injury.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Got some good work in today

-pullups 6x8
-pushups 6x10
-dips 6x8

-glute warm up (good for my back)
-goblet squats 5x10 (32kg)
-one hand KB swings 10x10 (32kg)
-turkish get up x10 (32kg)

Hill sprints, I picked a hill thats around 75m long, sprinted it 8 times, walked down and repeated.

felt good today.

Page 27 of 79 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,819 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.