Print Thread
Hop To
#11910386 03/19/17
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I ran across an 18part program on netflix, that originally appeared on soviet t.v. in 2011. Quite interesting.
i haven't watched but a couple of episodes, one on the drive across the ukraine, and their attack on japan. I was interested in that japan attack. Their occupation of the kuril islands according to them was a promise made by roosevelt to enter the war, and negated by truman, so they beat us to the punch and put troops there.
It should be noted their were 700k of japanese troops in the area, so it was a large force.
The program is called Red Storm for those interested.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Ive have to look for it, Ronin.

There are many many programs, but the best Ive ever watched is probably
One of the first The World at War, from 74.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have the DVD set of World at War.

I have net flix, will look up Red Storm.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WillARights

Ive have to look for it, Ronin.

There are many many programs, but the best Ive ever watched is probably
One of the first The World at War, from 74.

i have seen the world at war, but i like looking at it from a different perspective. this program originally ran on russian t.v. in 2011.
One of the episodes on the southern push through the ukraine ran directly into slovakia, czecho, today. Exactly where my grandmother was born up near the polish border. These were huge battles.
this particular battle was suppose to take a week, it took months.
they have a park there now, where the tanks etc are still in the spots they were knocked out.
All of this is in an area most people are not familar with.
and how westernized it has become. My little town is Novot, slovakia. There is a youtube video of a operation there teaching people how to use quarterhorses with cattle. Wearing americana cowboy boots
the russian march into the war with japan is fascinating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Dukla_Pass

they were using shermans when they went into manchuria among other things. I think there are probably still the hulks of some of them scattered along the way.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/19/17.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Tag

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
how all this kind of ties together, another comment. We sent a bunch of shermans to russia for the war effort. They all had thompson smg's with them but no ammo. They sat in a warehouse for many years until somehow they ended up in croatia, then sent here, where they were cut per a.t.f. regulations. Brand new thompsons. Which is where those parts kids surfaced from years ago.
It's like a friend of mine that was in iraq and the stans telling me of having to blow up confiscated stuff, like garands, springfields, etc.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
after watching the march across the ukraine, i went to google maps to see how it tied together. And saw yalta, site of the WWII conference and the crimea, and the warm water port for the soviet fleet. And found out yalta was a "palm springs" kind of place for the russians which have a high percentage of the population. So When a certain el presidente of the ukraine was elected with his i think american wife, the russians said hey, wait a minute. I am sure there is more than one family there that remembers 1945.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I ran across an 18part program on netflix, that originally appeared on soviet t.v. in 2011. Quite interesting.
i haven't watched but a couple of episodes, one on the drive across the ukraine, and their attack on japan. I was interested in that japan attack. Their occupation of the kuril islands according to them was a promise made by roosevelt to enter the war, and negated by truman, so they beat us to the punch and put troops there.
It should be noted their were 700k of japanese troops in the area, so it was a large force.
The program is called Red Storm for those interested.

igoofed on the netflix site its soviet storm as follows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6UWkK2U4s&list=PLnNmfyY_ccRHl0yAJZy3r5Nfq2-Xr22di

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great! something aelse to use up my time........

Thanks Ron.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
you can really get immersed into this stuff. The german general staff would have taken moscow if it wasn't for that insane person hitler. I was watching the battle of keiv today, they encircled several hundred thousand russians, tactical success but delayed them timewise from moscow and the winter. There is a place there called babi yar. a ravine. They murdered over 30000 civilians in a two day period in that ravine later killing over 150k to 200k there. Then afraid of the consequences, they had other prisoners dig them out and burn the bodies a year or two later. Yeah, approximately 450miles or so from my grandmothers home town in slovakia.
and i have heard of auschwitz, i didn't realize it was about 50miles north of my grandmothers town in poland, she was in slovakia
This stuff is dawning on me. In the 90's a first cousin of my mother wrote me for money, still living there. My mother hadn't seen her since 1912. The woman wanted money for a gravestone for her, husband and children. The husband and kids were killed in WWII. We were not jewish, but a lot of people other than jews were killed at babi yar, and at auschwitz. I have german blood too, but i swear given what the germans did to these populations turning them into enemies where they originally hated the russians, was stupid. And i sure can understand the urge to kill every german you saw at the time. humanity is just flat depraved.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.