Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
458Lott- We have bought two rigs from Dave Smith in the last month. We got a new Wrangler Unlimited for us and monday our son went with us when we went up to have it checked out and detailed. He went home with a new Dart. They are very good people to do business with.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2 new Interstate MegaTron batteries. It left me dead in the driveway. Last week it would have left me 2,000 miles from home, so I guess it did alright.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Ordered a new set of ignition coils for my 04 Dakota 4X4 tonight, had a miss and traced it to cylinder 5. A quick oil swap with cylinder 3 and the missed moved to 3.

Could of got away with one coil BUT the truck has 300k run with the original coils so ordered a sset of 8.

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I put a camper shell on my new HD with a nice comfortable bed in it and plenty of dry storage space for hunting trips. I always used these during hunting season on my older trucks and it sure is handy on extended trips out west.

[Linked Image]

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I changed air filter (K&N), oil filter, fuel pre pump filter, fuel post pump filter, transmission filter, transmission remote spin-on filter, engine oil, transmission fluid & drained torque converter. 15 qt motor oil & 15 qt transmission fluid. $200 in filters in fluid.

Now, it's ready for another 280,000.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by K1500
2 new Interstate MegaTron batteries. It left me dead in the driveway. Last week it would have left me 2,000 miles from home, so I guess it did alright.

The driveway is the best place for a break-down.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes it is, although I have twice had a battery die when at a mechanics shop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My son sent me a Cabelas gift card for my birthday so I bought a backup camera for the pickup. It sure helps when hooking a trailer which I do a lot of. It also helps when backing into a tight spot.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Rock Chuck, I'm thinking about adding a backup camera to my truck for the same reasons but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got this one: HOPKINS SMART HITCH . So far it's worked very well. The only problem was that the cable from the camera to the monitor was a little short for my Dodge quad cab long bed. I called them and they sent me a 5' extension cable for free.
It mounts to the license plate bracket. It would be better mounted higher but I sometimes have my tailgate off when I have a stock rack on the pickup so there's no other place to mount it.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Ram has the back-up camera, first truck I've had with one. Hard to live without now, especially when backing up to a trailer at night.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thread.

well, I learned how to fix a flaky GPS on the F150 this morning. The problem is with larger than stock tires, the speedometer is off, and in areas of weak GPS signal, the nav system depends on the speedometer to keep track of location. When the speedo is inaccurate, the GPS gets confused. According to Ford, you disconnect the battery for at least 20 minutes, then reconnect & drive it. It recallibrates itself.

That's the Ford. The 1992 Dodge just needs a bunch of parts, some of which I bought today. smirk Tomorrow the Jeep gets an oil change.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any good mechanics shop can recalibrate your speedo for a minimal fee. They just plug it in and reset it according to your tire size.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not today, but Wednesday I new brake shoes on the rear of the 2006 Silverado, originals that had 183,191 miles on them. Then today I went almost 200 miles from home to pick this up for my dad.
[Linked Image]

2109 on the hour meter.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 09/17/16.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I got this one: HOPKINS SMART HITCH . So far it's worked very well. The only problem was that the cable from the camera to the monitor was a little short for my Dodge quad cab long bed. I called them and they sent me a 5' extension cable for free.
It mounts to the license plate bracket. It would be better mounted higher but I sometimes have my tailgate off when I have a stock rack on the pickup so there's no other place to mount it.

The backup camera on my new Frontier is in the tailgate latch, where I assume it will collect a lot of dust. It already gets a lot of water on the lens, making it less useful than a 50 year old Tasco.
There just ISN'T a good spot for them. I like the daggoned thing, though, and the sonar is useful, too (beeps when you get close to things).

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Got stuck in a traffic jam:
[Linked Image]

Drove up in the mountains a bit:
[Linked Image]

Afterwards I washed it, gave it a fresh oil change with Rotella T6, and wiped down the inside.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I changed the front shocks. Getting it ready for elk season.. Still need to replace the fog lamps..

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just stuffed my RZR in the bed and hung the camp trailer on the back. Something to do with the antelope opener in the morning. Awayyyy we go!

― George Orwell

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
mounted a rifle on my jeep, but need to turn it around for road hunting.Tie a string on the trigger, etc.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This past week I got an 1.5" leveling block put in the front of my daily driver. Then it was ready for a new set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA KO2. With the leveling blocks I was able to put on LT275/65R20 tires, which Goodrich spec's out at 34" tall. I had already installed the black wheels, factory Ford smoked headlights and taillights. Had the front windows tinted, and a Ford accessory rail height hard folding tanneau cover. Have also put on a banks power performance muffler with a 3" tailpipe. The muffler gives it a nice mellow rumble without be obnoxious. The daily driver is a 2010 Ford F150 Platinum supercrew 4X4. It is equipped with a 5.4L and a 6 speed automatic transmission.
The old girl in the back ground is my my old 1997 Ford F350 4X4 crew cab. It is equipped with a 7.3L Turbo Diesel and a ZF 5 speed transmission. It has a front leaf spring reverse shackle kit installed and I had to add about 1.5" to the rear to level it out. It is setting on a set of 35X12.5X18 BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA KO2 tires.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Birddog

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,522
Posts18,452,750
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.