The strategy of using Hunter pressure due to limited access has paid off for me pretty well over the years.
The strategy is pretty simple, Drive past an access area full of vehicles and keep going to the next one. Then turn around, and about half way back between the two and hit the woods. In the mountains I hunt that might be several miles or more between the two.

Me and a buddy climbed a 100+' slate rock face on the highway one freezing cold morning before day light to take advantage of the situation. My buddy had a brand new thermal butt seat that would give him warm comfort no matter how cold it got. Yes sir, he was a happy camper...

Now were on a 250,000+ acre trac, and my friend seems to have found the perfect tree to plop his ass down on his brand new butt cushion for the very first time.
Now what are the odds in all that land, that someone chose the exact same tree he decided to set under, for taking a schit under the day before!
First thing I noticed when we met up later that he didn't have his butt cushion with him anymore!