Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
About 3 am last night had a sensation of some dark negative force in the bedroom and then felt this weird cold force move on top of me and could literally feel energy waves coursing through my body. I remember being awake and trying to fight it. I could not move to save myself and of my catholic upbringing. I remember my, dog, who sleeps at the foot of bed, growling in a strange low manner.

Woke up this morning drained and could barely get dressed and make it to work.some bruises on my upper arm. Probably hit the bed post.

Have had this experience a few times in my life. Did some research and pretty interesting.

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/sleep-paralysis-stories-intruder-demon-or-delusion/

Anyway I always try and approach things in a logical most simple explained manner and enjoy analyzing my dreams. I sometimes wake up when I'm dream and can simultaneously analyze dream at same time in a trance like state. Human brain is pretty amazing.

Last edited by ribka; 03/22/17.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, that was pretty messed up.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have been in the dozing off stage lately and my legs kick really hard...and I gasp for a breath....I might need to do one of those sleep studies...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kinda like the bad dream scares a guy into taking a breath...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ribka
About 3 am last night had a sensation of some dark negative force in the bedroom and then felt this weird cold force move on top of me and could literally feel energy waves coursing through my body. I remember being awake and trying to fight it. I could not move to save myself and of my catholic upbringing. I remember my, dog, who sleeps at the foot of bed, growling in a strange low manner.

Woke up this morning drained and could barely get dressed and make it to work.some bruises on my upper arm. Probably hit the bed post.

Have had this experience a few times in my life. Did some research and pretty interesting.

Anyway I always try and approach things in a logical most simple explained manner and enjoy analyzing my dreams. I sometimes wake up when I'm dream and can simultaneously analyze dream at same time in a trance like state. Human brain is pretty amazing.

Bruises as in from a blood clot? Might of been a pulmonary embolism. Buddy of mine just about died from a series of them earlier this year. Not something to mess with.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bubbajay
I have been in the dozing off stage lately and my legs kick really hard...and I gasp for a breath....I might need to do one of those sleep studies...

Yep, and soon.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Bruises as in from a blood clot? Might of been a pulmonary embolism. Buddy of mine just about died from a series of them earlier this year. Not something to mess with.

nope simple bruises.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/sleep-paralysis-stories-intruder-demon-or-delusion/

I have episodes of sleep paralysis about 5 times a year or so. When it happens I'm awake and see things around me like monsters in my bedroom or strangers standing there looking at me, but I can't move a muscle. Absolutely terrifying. It usually takes all my strength to regain the use of my muscles and then I usually can't get back to sleep for a long time. It seems to happen mostly early in the night and generally when I am laying on my left side. Go figure.

Someone on this thread mentioned needing a sleep study. I suffered for years with what turned out to be sleep apnea, which I didn't know until I had a sleep study a few weeks ago. My advice: get the sleep study done right away.

Last edited by achadwick; 03/22/17.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Never had it happen to me, but have hears about it quite a bit. What I find interesting is the number who report the "old hag" sitting on them, leaving them unable to move. You'd think hallucinations would be random and varied, but they are very often strikingly similar. Had a friend who used to have these episode's, sometimes he would manage to call out and if someone heard him and could move him he was fine. Weird stuff.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm lucky if I can remember one dream a year.

There's a movie on Netflix about people with night paralysis.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I would think apnea could cause oxygen-deprived hallucinations.

And verified deaths - don't mess around, get checked out soon.

Last edited by mark shubert; 03/22/17.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My wife had them about 2 dozen times in her late teens and early 20's. She calls them 'shadow people'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Dont think sleep apnea and sleep paralysis have any correlation based on research I did

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
friend of mine has the condition where he doesn't have the sleep paralysis,he can get up and move while sleeping.
one dream he told me about,he dreamed he was fighting the devil for his brother and his dad,tug of war,as it were.
when his wife turned on the light he woke up, realized he was trying to pull the mattress through the door frame.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm scared to go to bed now....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bubbajay

JMHO and I'm no doctor, but get the sleep study done right away. Call your doctor tomorrow. Sleep apnea can be fatal, in rare cases. Far worse is the unnecessary stress on your cardiac and pulmonary systems. eek

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Probably just a succubus.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Dont think sleep apnea and sleep paralysis have any correlation based on research I did

I think that's true, but some folks like me are blessed with both. cry

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was younger I had those fairly often. Frightening things. Still in REM sleep yet aware.

Old Hag, where do you think the stories of a succubus come from?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Armednfree; 03/22/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What do women get? Old Farts? Old codgers?

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

381 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,379
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.