OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
So is there a code to get the 30 percent off ?

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Aviator

Any idea of what Vibram Super Grip outsoles are designed for? Are they similar to the Vibram Arctic Grip soles?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Aviator

No

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
FWIW, I have a pair of Crispi Hunters that I have owned for five years, or so, and they are the best, most comfortable hunting boots that I have ever owned.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Have Crispi Nevadas. Like wearing sneakers with most excellent ankle support. Too warm for wearing in warm/hot weather otherwise no faults I have found.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
How do they run? Narrow, med, wide?

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am no expert by any means but after a lot of research and trying many boots on I bought Crisp Idaho's. Best boot I have ever worn. Mine seam to run narrow but I like that because I have bad ankles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't find any useful information about the level of insulation in their boots. Some say down to -20degrees and another says primaloft. Does anyone have a means of translating to the american standard of thinsulate grams?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I talked to them last fall on the Hunter. They said it has equivalent of 200 grams thinsulate. I see they have this listed on their website. The Wild Rock looks to have 400 gr Thinsulate.

I also talked to Lathrop and Sons yesterday on their new boots, designed by them. Both are non-insulated but according to them, using E-vent instead of Goretex, it allows the foot to truly breathe, meaning its drier. They seem to think this fact makes a boot 'warmer' because your feet stay dry. They claim the E-vent provides an equivalent of 200 gr Thinsulate.

If I was in the market for a new pair of high end boots, I'd look long/hard at the Lathrop boots.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by setch
I can't find any useful information about the level of insulation in their boots. Some say down to -20degrees and another says primaloft. Does anyone have a means of translating to the american standard of thinsulate grams?

There is a three and a half minute tutorial on YouTube about the Crispi Guide GTX boot which did clear up the questions I had about insulation. Ordered a pair and expect to have them in hand next week....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bwinters
I talked to them last fall on the Hunter. They said it has equivalent of 200 grams thinsulate. I see they have this listed on their website. The Wild Rock looks to have 400 gr Thinsulate.

I also talked to Lathrop and Sons yesterday on their new boots, designed by them. Both are non-insulated but according to them, using E-vent instead of Goretex, it allows the foot to truly breathe, meaning its drier. They seem to think this fact makes a boot 'warmer' because your feet stay dry. They claim the E-vent provides an equivalent of 200 gr Thinsulate.

I have a set of the schnees beartooth insulated boots with E-vent. I can't tell if they are warmer than they would be if they were gore-tex, but I can tell you they are completely waterproof and do a great job of drying-out my feet which sweat a good bit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by setch

There is a three and a half minute tutorial on YouTube about the Crispi Guide GTX boot which did clear up the questions I had about insulation. Ordered a pair and expect to have them in hand next week....

Yep...I've seen that video and it didn't really address the wildrock too much, which was what I was interested in. Sounds like 400grm equivalent based on bwinter's research, which is what I was searching for.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.