I
The smaller dog is a pitbull basset hound btw [Linked Image]

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
BP-B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
You're are an idiot to put your family and friends in danger. I hope you don't end up regretting it.

Last edited by victoro; 03/25/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
People today equate dogs with children. That's why you'll see them referenced as "kids" "children" or"fur babies". Kids don't hold the same place in society they used to. They were inviolable. Yours or not, you protected protected them if you saw danger imminent. As a people we saw children as sacrosanct. Not so much anymore. They get pawned off off on babysitters so mommy can work a full time job. abortion is rampant. At the same time no-kill shelters and animal adoption are growing. People think less of kids and more of pets. It's sickening. I love my dogs, and God help you if I catch you torturing them. But I'd cut their throats and stomp their heads into gravy and sleep like a baby if they threatened mine or someone else's kid.

Well said! It's a pathetic paradigm shift how holy animals have become and how expendable children have become.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Irving_D

My brother had a pit/mastiff mix. The dog didn't play well with my parents golden retriever and I broke up a couple of scuffles that "Copper" instigated. The final straw came one day as I was throwing the ball for "Sandy" the golden retriever, Copper lit into Sandy and I kicked the f'ker so hard it rolled several times. I pulled my .45 and was drawing a bead when my brother came out and grabbed his dog. I told him the next time I see that dog I was going to shoot it and he could deal with the carcass. He knew I wasn't joking and within the week got rid of it to some older folks with land and no other pets. I hated that dog and would have almost enjoyed killing it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It is commendable that you took the dog in. I have had enough bluff charges to not own any dog that may want to bite me. German shepherds seem to think I am tasty. My niece has two dutch Malinois That I would not trust no how. I say keep vigilante and train the dog and your son to respect boundaries and all should be fine. I personally do not feel the need to own anything that take extra care to be NORMAL.

P.S. the treeing feist here by me has snapped a few times in the 13 years we have been together. She is 20 lbs and the results were never more then humorous........

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by victoro
You're are an idiot to put your family and friends in danger. I hope you don't end up regretting it.

Couldn't agree more, never are they worth the chance in my book. I've seen too many times where completely unpredictability something goes "snap" in the pit bulls brain and its complete rage. Horribly unpredictable and a poor excuse for a family dog.

Last edited by cfran; 03/25/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just build you a dog run and put him in it for the rest of his life . Surely you wouldn't leave a pit running loose . Better yet get a real heavy chain and chain the pit up in your yard . Oh yea, keep your pistol ready so when the dog won't let go of someones arm or leg you can put a bullet in the dogs head. Things will be fine .

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Only way to approach dog ownership of any kind.

It's amazing how many people don't subscribe to this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Irving_D

That is an interesting combination. The lazy wandering demeanor of a basset and the generally alert attentiveness of a pit may make an interesting combo.
I hunted with a gentleman in Texas that owned a dog that was the combination of Jack russells , dashunds and a bull terrier. That dog seemed to pick up all the bad traits of each breed and was a bit of a handful. Was good at it's job of tracking pigs, but the anger it displayed at dead hogs was surprising especially for a female dog.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just think, you have rescued a dog, at the risk of your child's health and future, how kind.
After all is said and done, it will probably work out OK, and it's just your family if it doesn't.
Dog must be worth a lot to you

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My bull terrier girl would go ballistic on dead pigs cause she was too fat to catch the live ones
..took her a while to wind down...she liked to wear herself out over mostly nothing.. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
one of the blue lacy's i rescued last year needs a home, he tore my brothers house up, and the woman who took him after my brother..her house up, yard, she took him to a trainer and he said come get him. think he needs to be put down.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
one of the blue lacy's i rescued last year needs a home, he tore my brothers house up, and the woman who took him after my brother..her house up, yard, she took him to a trainer and he said come get him. think he needs to be put down.
She should've just taken him out in the country and plugged him behind a damned tumbleweed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People today equate dogs with children. That's why you'll see them referenced as "kids" "children" or"fur babies". Kids don't hold the same place in society they used to. They were inviolable. Yours or not, you protected protected them if you saw danger imminent. As a people we saw children as sacrosanct. Not so much anymore. They get pawned off off on babysitters so mommy can work a full time job. abortion is rampant. At the same time no-kill shelters and animal adoption are growing. People think less of kids and more of pets. It's sickening. I love my dogs, and God help you if I catch you torturing them. But I'd cut their throats and stomp their heads into gravy and sleep like a baby if they threatened mine or someone else's kid.
Amen. I never enjoyed killing a dog, but I've had occasion to kill several and it wouldn't bother me to kill several more under the right circumstances. A cow-chasing dog isn't tolerated in cow-country either.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by victoro

Exactly

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
New neighbor's pair of pit bulls attacked my JRT on my property 3 weeks ago. Owners said they were docile and had never done anything like that before. Had I not been present my Jack would have been scattered all over the place. He ended up with multiple puncture wounds and I with 5 sutures in a finger and deep abrasions on knees and ankles. If they venture on to my property again they will be shot on sight. Their owners have been warned by me and LEO.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Originally Posted by gsganzer

I won't pass judgement on all pitbulls, but I would watch for any signs that might indicate trouble ahead.

That's just it. There is rarely ever a sign that something bad might happen.
That's right. It just happens and when it does you better have a capable firearm on you. Pit's don't care if it's a two year old child or 85 year old grandma. They are equal opportunity killers.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Well said! It's a pathetic paradigm shift how holy animals have become and how expendable children have become.
And why not? They kill 10 million kids a year.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by releehweoj
New neighbor's pair of pit bulls attacked my JRT on my property 3 weeks ago. Owners said they were docile and had never done anything like that before. Had I not been present my Jack would have been scattered all over the place. He ended up with multiple puncture wounds and I with 5 sutures in a finger and deep abrasions on knees and ankles. If they venture on to my property again they will be shot on sight. Their owners have been warned by me and LEO.

You should have shot them the first time. If the owners were responsible they would shoot them now, Pits should not roam period.

My wife has a 10 lb schitzu that has taken me 4 years to make him understand that I am the boss around here. If he would have been a larger dog he would have been put down.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Only way to approach dog ownership of any kind.

My Uncle Amel had a ST Bernard we loved that dog he pulled us kids around in a sled all day, he was a lot of fun and entertainment. One day he bit a neighbor kid ten minutes later Uncle Amel had him buried behind the barn.

Saw that deal when I was 10, was over at Uncles with Dad, new stepmom and her daughter, uncles big GSD Rooster bit step daughter on the top of the head and then on the butt.

Uncle was standing in the yard next to a big stack of wood, called the dog to him, pulled a kindling hatchet off a small tree limb and buried it into the top of the dogs head, at the same time I looked around to see dad re-holstering his pistol.

This all happened very fast with the whole time stepmom screaming 'get me outta these damn woods' to dad. grin

Didn't know Pops carried till that day.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
97 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 1,728 guests, and 723 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.