Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DLSguide
Sounds good, if you get one that shoots. Lots of bad reports on Kimber rifles.. Seems like there are more bad ones than good. Good luck.

Here's a couple groups from my 7 WSM Kimber from a couple weeks ago. 100 yards, prone w/Harris and a beanbag. 162 Amax's, the melty ones <grin>:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But with that having been said, here's my thoughts on the matter.

Shooting ultralight rifles that well is HARD. Anyone who wants to do so had better either have already put in the work to get good that way, or be prepared to put in the work. It will likely take many hundreds of rounds minimum just getting your technique figured out. In particular, horizontal stringing is a bear with ultralights. The cure is a REALLY light trigger and consistent right hand position and trigger pull. The trigger on my Kimber is under a pound pull. Beyond that is just the need to build a good position; the crosshairs should "want" to be on the target, don't be using muscle tension to pull or push the crosshairs onto the bullseye or upon recoil that stored muscle energy will throw a flyer.

Those things are all true with any rifle, but an ultralight will really show you your ass so to speak. smile

A sub-6 lb .280AI shooting long range bullets (heavies) will be a handful. Just go into it knowing there's likely gonna be some personal work to do. Don't expect things to be real consistent at first.

Edit: 3-9 is PLENTY of X's to get to the OP's max range. I'm about to put a scope with a 10x top end onto a high-end rifle build I intend to shoot out to TWICE the OP's max range. No experience with them but by all accounts the SWFA is a great choice.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 03/26/17.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Jordan,

You might could be onto sumptin',with a 7 Whizzum Montucky. If only because they is without doubt,the best Killing Rifle ever to roll out of a Factory.

Their twist/throat/COAL connects all dots and though I've only got (3) of 'em,mine will all kiss/nestle mag confines with the 180 ELD and scoot 'em to 2900fps. Of course same goes the 162 Melt 'Max,162 ELD No-Melts too. Gots me a "hunch",they's prolly the first (3) in the left of an above frame,were I forced to draw an arrow for the Window Lickers.

The Montucky .473" L/A is a bust in COAL and a HUGE compromise,as compared to say a 700,once bore sizing exceeds .243".

I'm thinkin' the astute will note a brace of loaded 6-06 rounds wearin' 105 Hornie HPBT's at a square kiss,which just happens to nestle L/A .473" Montucky mag confines to within' .025"...which was prolly part of a very well thunked blueprinting plan. Further,them who shoot,will be able to extrapolate said COAL in relation to same,setting within a 700 L/A magbox and connect dots,that as bore sizing increases,good boolits do get a touch longer.(grin)

That fact might could be represented plainly,with the aforementioned .243" 105 Hornie HPBT,.264" 147 ELD,.284" 180 ELD,.308" 208 Melt 'Max and a .338" 250 Skinner set there for comparison.

There might could be 1000 words on mag confines,with 243 SALAMI 105 Hornie HPBT Smooches nestled in a ASC Krunchenticker mag for a 1-7" 5R SPLENDID Self Shucker. Might could be a binderless AICS footprint DBM sportin' a 180 ELD square smooch comfortably within confines,in order to yield a 2700fps 7-08 Aye-Eye launch. Prolly a Seven ShamWow plugging the fhuqking landing on a OEM S/A 700 magbox with a 120 TSX and a leetle more correlation on what do and more importantly,do NOT jive.

[Linked Image]

Montucky L/A .473" donor COAL,in another 1000 words and why a 280AI chambered in same,is a bitter pill. 'Course none of The Paper Hat Brigade will savvy any of it,which never ain't not THE best part.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Am thinkin' there's prolly a touch more correlation here. Not that any of the CLUELESS Kchunts can/will savvy.

[Linked Image]

The Montucky 7 Whizzum simply does things that the Montucky 280AI can not,due the thing that matters most...which just happens to be boolits. Ordered another Thousandity 180 ELD's this morning,just to be sure.(grin)

Them facts are unsettlin',to Window Lickers ridin' the SHORT bus.

Bless their hearts....................(grin)

AU,

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunt,I enjoy how facts reliably collide with your Fantasy. Congratulations?!?

You'll haveta' pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess...mainly because I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

I realize that you gotta "live" vicariously and plagiarism is as close as you'll ever come and rest assured I do NOT wanna swipe neither your Imagination or it's Pretend,if only because it is all that you've "got". You "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

Pardon the reality of my being able to laughingly crunch sub .5 MOA 700yd clusters,as per my fhuqking whim. The astute will note the impetus to simply let upper echelon BC's do their thang ala magfed Smooch and slip conditions.

Funnier than fhuqk,that it will ALL go over your head(RINK).

The ONLY thing you Stupid Fhuqks "shoot",is your mouths and Imagination. Not that I don't enjoy how "real" it is to you,to "do" same. Laughing!

You'd do well to take notes and apply same. Hint.

You've been led to water...thank me later.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'winters,

Weren't my intent to horn you up. Congratulations?!?

You've never even fhuqking SEEN a 150 ELD,let alone a 147. You Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Dumb Fhuqks are a hoot! Besides being 100% Clueless,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...what was the "odds"?!?

Knock 'er outta Da' Park and flaunt your Imagination and it's Pretend some more and extoll the "virtues" on how adding recoil and wind drift are "advantages",to let a long action,ALMOST run with a short action? Spare no "details" and share some of the "particulars" you "use" in your Fabricated Delusion(s). What glass/mounts are you "using"? I assure you,it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I'm always torn on which is more fhuqking funny...The Silence or The Attempt. Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Here...lemme fuel your Imagination and Pretend even more and you can now say you've "seen" 260AI 147 ELD binderless mag Smooches at 2900fps,7-08AI 180 ELD binderless mag smooches at 2700fps and 7 Whizzum Montucky 180ELD OEM box fed smooches at 2900fps.

[Linked Image]

Pass the Kreedmire 147's(far left...so now you can say you've "seen" one) in an OEM Montucky.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

kaleb,

Nobody has ever got GOOD with a rifle,by talking about it...but there's millions of DUMB Fhuqks giving that impossibility their "all" and a good sized herd of 'em right here.(grin)

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!..............

'scotty,

You go girl...you "really" "know" your "stuff". Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that the ONLY fhuqking thing you can "offer" in the first hand,is more Whine. What were the "odds"?!?

This Kansas weather is always perfect...you poor poor STUPID Fhuqk. It is a shame,that you CLUELESS Kchunts have less than zero inkling,to your incredible Dumbfhuqktitude. You be SURE to cite any/all words I used that were "too long" or "too Technical" and I'll use a lesser version,so you "think" you have a "chance". Hint. Laughing!

80 degrees and nary a breath of wind yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Wow +P++!

Bless your heart.

'bean.

8mm Mouser for me. J...not S.

Laughing!..............

'PENDOOSH,

Noone can insult you,better than you can...by simply doing your BEST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Isn't it a fascinating constant,that you haven't the "means","ability" or "comprehension" to begin to keep pace...but are "blessed" with enough Imagination and Pretend to concoct THE Delusion that you "think" you do? The poignant profundity of that perpetual Dichotomy,is absolutely funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Pardon the fact,that what I said is the antithesis of what you "think" I said and you needn't try to suck my ass,in the false hope of gaining a first fhuqking clue. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Whoa whoa whoa. I never said anything about you not being able to shoot. Quite contrary. I'd bet you're the best old stinky phaggot of a shooter there ever was. We can all only hope to be half the shooter.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Jordan,

You might could be onto sumptin',with a 7 Whizzum Montucky. If only because they is without doubt,the best Killing Rifle ever to roll out of a Factory.

Their twist/throat/COAL connects all dots and though I've only got (3) of 'em,mine will all kiss/nestle mag confines with the 180 ELD and scoot 'em to 2900fps. Of course same goes the 162 Melt 'Max,162 ELD No-Melts too. Gots me a "hunch",they's prolly the first (3) in the left of an above frame,were I forced to draw an arrow for the Window Lickers.

The Montucky .473" L/A is a bust in COAL and a HUGE compromise,as compared to say a 700,once bore sizing exceeds .243".

I'm thinkin' the astute will note a brace of loaded 6-06 rounds wearin' 105 Hornie HPBT's at a square kiss,which just happens to nestle L/A .473" Montucky mag confines to within' .025"...which was prolly part of a very well thunked blueprinting plan. Further,them who shoot,will be able to extrapolate said COAL in relation to same,setting within a 700 L/A magbox and connect dots,that as bore sizing increases,good boolits do get a touch longer.(grin)

That fact might could be represented plainly,with the aforementioned .243" 105 Hornie HPBT,.264" 147 ELD,.284" 180 ELD,.308" 208 Melt 'Max and a .338" 250 Skinner set there for comparison.

There might could be 1000 words on mag confines,with 243 SALAMI 105 Hornie HPBT Smooches nestled in a ASC Krunchenticker mag for a 1-7" 5R SPLENDID Self Shucker. Might could be a binderless AICS footprint DBM sportin' a 180 ELD square smooch comfortably within confines,in order to yield a 2700fps 7-08 Aye-Eye launch. Prolly a Seven ShamWow plugging the fhuqking landing on a OEM S/A 700 magbox with a 120 TSX and a leetle more correlation on what do and more importantly,do NOT jive.

[Linked Image]

Montucky L/A .473" donor COAL,in another 1000 words and why a 280AI chambered in same,is a bitter pill. 'Course none of The Paper Hat Brigade will savvy any of it,which never ain't not THE best part.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Am thinkin' there's prolly a touch more correlation here. Not that any of the CLUELESS Kchunts can/will savvy.

[Linked Image]

The Montucky 7 Whizzum simply does things that the Montucky 280AI can not,due the thing that matters most...which just happens to be boolits. Ordered another Thousandity 180 ELD's this morning,just to be sure.(grin)

Them facts are unsettlin',to Window Lickers ridin' the SHORT bus.

Bless their hearts....................(grin)

AU,

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunt,I enjoy how facts reliably collide with your Fantasy. Congratulations?!?

You'll haveta' pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess...mainly because I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

I realize that you gotta "live" vicariously and plagiarism is as close as you'll ever come and rest assured I do NOT wanna swipe neither your Imagination or it's Pretend,if only because it is all that you've "got". You "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

Pardon the reality of my being able to laughingly crunch sub .5 MOA 700yd clusters,as per my fhuqking whim. The astute will note the impetus to simply let upper echelon BC's do their thang ala magfed Smooch and slip conditions.

Funnier than fhuqk,that it will ALL go over your head(RINK).

The ONLY thing you Stupid Fhuqks "shoot",is your mouths and Imagination. Not that I don't enjoy how "real" it is to you,to "do" same. Laughing!

You'd do well to take notes and apply same. Hint.

You've been led to water...thank me later.

Bless your heart.

'winters,

Weren't my intent to horn you up. Congratulations?!?

You've never even fhuqking SEEN a 150 ELD,let alone a 147. You Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Dumb Fhuqks are a hoot! Besides being 100% Clueless,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...what was the "odds"?!?

Knock 'er outta Da' Park and flaunt your Imagination and it's Pretend some more and extoll the "virtues" on how adding recoil and wind drift are "advantages",to let a long action,ALMOST run with a short action? Spare no "details" and share some of the "particulars" you "use" in your Fabricated Delusion(s). What glass/mounts are you "using"? I assure you,it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I'm always torn on which is more fhuqking funny...The Silence or The Attempt. Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Here...lemme fuel your Imagination and Pretend even more and you can now say you've "seen" 260AI 147 ELD binderless mag Smooches at 2900fps,7-08AI 180 ELD binderless mag smooches at 2700fps and 7 Whizzum Montucky 180ELD OEM box fed smooches at 2900fps.

[Linked Image]

Pass the Kreedmire 147's(far left...so now you can say you've "seen" one) in an OEM Montucky.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

kaleb,

Nobody has ever got GOOD with a rifle,by talking about it...but there's millions of DUMB Fhuqks giving that impossibility their "all" and a good sized herd of 'em right here.(grin)

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!..............

'scotty,

You go girl...you "really" "know" your "stuff". Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that the ONLY fhuqking thing you can "offer" in the first hand,is more Whine. What were the "odds"?!?

This Kansas weather is always perfect...you poor poor STUPID Fhuqk. It is a shame,that you CLUELESS Kchunts have less than zero inkling,to your incredible Dumbfhuqktitude. You be SURE to cite any/all words I used that were "too long" or "too Technical" and I'll use a lesser version,so you "think" you have a "chance". Hint. Laughing!

80 degrees and nary a breath of wind yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Wow +P++!

Bless your heart.

'bean.

8mm Mouser for me. J...not S.

Laughing!..............

'PENDOOSH,

Noone can insult you,better than you can...by simply doing your BEST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Isn't it a fascinating constant,that you haven't the "means","ability" or "comprehension" to begin to keep pace...but are "blessed" with enough Imagination and Pretend to concoct THE Delusion that you "think" you do? The poignant profundity of that perpetual Dichotomy,is absolutely funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Pardon the fact,that what I said is the antithesis of what you "think" I said and you needn't try to suck my ass,in the false hope of gaining a first fhuqking clue. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Your retarded monkey-scratch post hurts my eyes. Tell you what sport, why don't you go ahead and rearrange that keyboard diahrea into something approaching English, then maybe we'll talk.

Until then I guess I'm supposed to assume that numerous pictures of fugly rifles = some sort of Skillz. Lol, you're a funny little troll, I see why they keep you around.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Awesom!!!! I got into another big stick rant!!!!

...laughing......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Could try and track down a nice slightly used Remington 700KS? Then use the scope of your choice and be off to the races? What ever route you choose that rifle better fit you like a glove. Just a thought. I can not stress enough how well or the level of importance that a proper rifle fit is going to be in this situation. At least IMVHO

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by DLSguide
Sounds good, if you get one that shoots. Lots of bad reports on Kimber rifles.. Seems like there are more bad ones than good. Good luck.

Here's a couple groups from my 7 WSM Kimber from a couple weeks ago. 100 yards, prone w/Harris and a beanbag. 162 Amax's, the melty ones <grin>:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But with that having been said, here's my thoughts on the matter.

Shooting ultralight rifles that well is HARD. Anyone who wants to do so had better either have already put in the work to get good that way, or be prepared to put in the work. It will likely take many hundreds of rounds minimum just getting your technique figured out. In particular, horizontal stringing is a bear with ultralights. The cure is a REALLY light trigger and consistent right hand position and trigger pull. The trigger on my Kimber is under a pound pull. Beyond that is just the need to build a good position; the crosshairs should "want" to be on the target, don't be using muscle tension to pull or push the crosshairs onto the bullseye or upon recoil that stored muscle energy will throw a flyer.

Those things are all true with any rifle, but an ultralight will really show you your ass so to speak. smile

A sub-6 lb .280AI shooting long range bullets (heavies) will be a handful. Just go into it knowing there's likely gonna be some personal work to do. Don't expect things to be real consistent at first.

Edit: 3-9 is PLENTY of X's to get to the OP's max range. I'm about to put a scope with a 10x top end onto a high-end rifle build I intend to shoot out to TWICE the OP's max range. No experience with them but by all accounts the SWFA is a great choice.

I agree. I have a new 6.5 Montana I'm working on, and while it is delivering pretty solid results, it is definitely more work to shoot 5 shot groups well than other heavier hunting rifles I've had, and far more work than dedicated range guns. The trigger is down to 2.75lb from the factory 4.5lb, but I don't imagine I'll go much below that.

I have 3 SWFA's, a 3-15 on my RPR, a fixed 12x on my CTR, and the 3-9 that the OP is asking about, sitting in my safe, but formerly on a M70 EW, all mil/mil. The SWFA's aren't going to match the more expensive scopes for clarity, but they are more than clear enough for most uses, and are very repeatable, which is what's most important if you're twisting turrets. The SWFA's are chunky compared to lighter purpose built hunting scopes, but on the other hand are just under half the weight of a Razor II, all about perspective I guess.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
...but on the other hand are just under half the weight of a Razor II, all about perspective I guess.

Yeah, the Razor II weighs an even 3 lbs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JeffZero,

It is never not funnier than fhuqk,to grant you the opportunity to expound upon your sheer and utter CLUELESSNESS. Congratulations?!?

Ain't it a hoot,that despite how much time you spend TRYING to "convince" yourself that you "shoot"...your gross inability to correlate POA/POI intersections,with simplistic 100yd paper,just cain't ever fhuqking happen. FUNNY schit!

The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

AU,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you must. You haven't the "means","abilities" nor "comprehension" to begin to eek a first fhuqking clue and given your HILARIOUS track record...never fhuqking will. Congratulations?!?

No slighting the magnitude of your Vagina Monologue,or incredibly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Gtwatty,

I plainly stated,that if you cite any/all words that were "too long" or "too Technical",I'd happily use lesser versions so even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,could understand. There's no slighting how deserved,your Handicap Parking stickers are. Congratulations?!?

Purty slow day yesterday,here in Kansas. Temps hit 95 degrees,the Largemouth are settin' on their nests spawnin' and surface tackle connects alotta dots. mebbe extoll a smidge more,on the Sweet "Satisfactions" of setting on your couchbound kchunt and "living" vicariously with your Imagination and it's Pretend. Laughing!

I'm a little bit bummed that only my flash transmitters arrived and am still waiting on the flash units proper. Am a touched concerned tha they'll overheat with hard use at ambient temps of a hunnert and above,but wouldn't fret it at 95. Google it. Laughing!

Note the salt stacked up along side The Mill Pond. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Illuminatti is still hangin' in there,despite being a Safe Queen. Copper Clacker to the rescue,because Bass love 'em. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Sadly,she cain't be too far,from needing her 3rd barrel. That despite sub 25grs of propellant to fuel 105's,being rather forgiving by nature. Pun be intended. Double beaded maribou,another Bucketmouth staple in warm water. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

In fairness however,nothing went better than two and a half pounds or so. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Always a hoot,when you extoll on all the schit you are gonna "do",with all the wares you are gonna "get" and all the places you are gonna "use" 'em. Laughing!

Be sure to chime in,if some year...your kchunt actually leaves your couch. Don't let the cat get your tongue. Hint. Just sayin'. Laughing!

You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking RIOT!

Bless your heart.

PENDOOSH,

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that your fhuqking Incredible STUPIDITY,is not a Secret Squirrel "advantage". Congratulations?!? Hint.

Ain't it a hoot,that reading my every word and gawking my every pixel,is as close as you'll ever get.

Bless your heart.

Twat6,

The KS cain't begin to touch Montucky Magnitude. The stocks ain't horrid,have had more than a few...but Big Green has never offered anything even approaching Montucky Kreedmire Splendor. That includes 1st Gen Ti's and I've had a few of them as well. Hint.

1st Gen Ti 7-08. 115 degrees that day. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

KS top right in 25-06AI(Kreedmire crushes it). Top left 700 AWR 375 H&H AI. I always was gonna try me one of them there MacaMillion stocks,to see what the fuss was about. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

As ergo's go,the Montucky is without peer,in OEM guise.

Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all.

Re-hint.................

Magnumdoosh,

I laugh my fhuqking ass off,every time you fhuqking try to "talk" rifles and ACT like you "use" them. Congratulations?!?

YOU couldn't even cite someone who "knows" or "does" LESS than you...you "lucky" kchunt. Cain't wait for you Do NOTHING Kchunts to "tell" me "more".

Bless your hearts.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big stick,

Is that you in those pics? When I read your posts someone with the appearance more closely resembling Christopher walken comes to mind. Besides the hulk stash you look like a pretty normal dude. I guess you just never know.

Peace and goodwill

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Big stick,

Is that you in those pics? When I read your posts someone with the appearance more closely resembling Christopher walken comes to mind. Besides the hulk stash you look like a pretty normal dude. I guess you just never know.

Peace and goodwill

MM

He looks pretty much exactly like what I expected. He must be lonely.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Big stick,

Peace and goodwill

MM

He looks pretty much exactly like what I expected. He must be lonely.

I don't know if getting dumped and divorced would make a narccissitic azzhole like him lonely. Likely all he saw her as was someone to do housework and cook meals. He couldn't possibly claim to have spent quality time with any of them. He enjoys his own company way above and beyond anyone else...even if he has developed a fat 2nd chin.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I really enjoy Big Stick's input. Obviously he knows a lot based on doing a lot. Granted, one has to read critically and dig but the knowledge is there. I learn something from every post.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RinB
I really enjoy Big Stick's input. Obviously he knows a lot based on doing a lot. Granted, one has to read critically and dig but the knowledge is there. I learn something from every post.

The guy lives in AK and only hunts blacktail and black bears... and he "does a lot?" BS. He doesn't hunt out of sight of logging roads. Where are the caribou, sheep, goats, moose? That would require work, and that requires more than hauling your fat ass around on an ATV or truck, sniping the low hanging fruit. He certainly does shoot paper a lot, and does know about that. He also runs his mouth a lot, but that's not the same as hunting the highcountry, which is what this thread is about... he's never been on a mountain backpack hunt in his life.

You can bullchit the fans, but you can't bullchit the players...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Brad
The guy lives in AK and only hunts blacktail and black bears... and he "does a lot?" BS. He doesn't hunt out of sight of logging roads. Where are the caribou, sheep, goats, moose? That would require work, and that requires more than hauling your fat ass around on an ATV or truck, sniping the low hanging fruit. He certainly does shoot paper a lot, and does know about that. He also runs his mouth a lot, but that's not the same as hunting the highcountry, which is what this thread is about... he's never been on a mountain backpack hunt in his life.

Exactly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by RinB

There's only two options:

1) Troll

2) Mentally Unstable/Defective

I choose to believe #1 because it's fun and mental problems are no laughing matter. He does spend an incredible amount of time on them though, and some of his rifles' paint schemes make me start to lean to #2...

Although I've never been on a mountain backpack hunt in my life so I admittedly am a "stupid [bleep]".

Last edited by ChrisAU; 03/28/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
× 100

I started a post in response to his diatribe on me but declined, have better things to do. Anyone with a ballistics program and 2 minutes can discover the error of his post. Secondly, as you correctly point out, the OP was asking about mountain rifles - not 1000 yard ballistics. Guys get all wrapped up in his BS and insults and miss the fact that he diverts every discussion to shooting 1000 yard paper targets. Strap a backpack on and give it a whirl. Or simply do a day hunt 4-5 miles off Trail. More to mountain hunting than cartridges and rifles. If that was all it took, we'd all be driving 6.5-378 in 10 lbs rifles shooting the latest whizbang slippery target bullets.

As he's fond of saying, you can BS the fans but not the players.

The other thing I'd add for the newer guys. I've been here long enough to have seen BS evolution on cartridges, rifles, scopes, and methods. You'd think he was the fount of all knowledge. He seems to forget he evolved over the years - in more ways than one. You'd think he'd give that same courtesy to others. I recall the days of a useful, and witty, BS post. Those days are long gone.

I also wonder what he'd do it we posted 10 individual BS threads at once. With his 1 post/day limit it'd be fun to watch. Kind of like a male Yorkie in a field full of fire hydrants. He'd explode trying to figure out which one to piss on.......

Last edited by bwinters; 03/28/17.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brad... plus one.

BWinters... yeah, it'd be fun to go back a few mere years and dig up his pists declaring the 6x Leupold and before that the 3.5-10 Leupold as the shizzle... but life is too short.

Big Stick: those groups weren't about punching the bulls. I was re-zeroing after installing my fancy lil' ring-level Gen2 prototype.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Since it was a clean target and I was shooting well I shot a couple groups for the camera. I suggest you print out these pics and put them on your reloading room wall as an inspirational image showing what's possible when a talented rifleman, a Nightforce SHV, and a good 7 WSM Kimber come together. wink

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deleted

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 03/29/17.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At least Jeff put the level in front of the turret on that scope. Baby steps, baby steps....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

In fairness however,nothing went better than two and a half pounds or so. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Oh chit!

Age has obviously softened you up but don't tell me modesty has come with it as well?

I mean seriously, that Golden Corral and Crockett gobbler chin probably goes an easy 5 or 6 pounds!

Hard chargin' the old ladies at the buffet line!

Hahahaha, LMAO!

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (007FJ, 257 mag, 44mc, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.