Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Your numbers don't add up...

6.5 Creedmoor

4.49", Hornady 129g SST or IB, .485 B.C. @ 2950fps, 24" barrel

.260 Rem

4.60", Hornady 129g SST or IB, .485 B.C. @ 2950fps, 24" barrel

A bullet with the same BC launched at the same velocity will drop/drift the same...So, the 6.5 CM and .260 Rem will be exactly equal, no advantage to the Creed.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RBO

Where are the numbers for your 257 bob? What are the numbers for the factory offerings most hunters would use?

The numbers for my Roberts, which is what I was asked to compare to, are at the bottom of my post. I don't use factory ammo for hunting. Or much of anything else.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by RBO

Where are the numbers for your 257 bob? What are the numbers for the factory offerings most hunters would use?

The numbers for my Roberts, which is what I was asked to compare to, are at the bottom of my post. I don't use factory ammo for hunting. Or much of anything else.

That's fine for custom loads, but I thought the rules you set out were for "factory loads most hunters would use", so let's compare apples to apples. Factory or taylored, but both the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

That's fine for custom loads, but I thought the rules you set out were for "factory loads most hunters would use", so let's compare apples to apples. Factory or taylored, but both the same.

I provided info on a lot of factory loads. I was asked specifically to compare various bullets, some of which are probably available only in handloads, against my Roberts load.

How about YOU providing the info you want?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Where's 243 and 250ai?
As I've said, I went 6.5cm because 250ai is tougher to find a wide range of bullet choices.
PS, I hate recoil. It totally puts my neck into spasm.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
IC B2

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

I provided info on a lot of factory loads. I was asked specifically to compare various bullets, some of which are probably available only in handloads, against my Roberts load.

Because it would look better if YOU provide the info that shows how the 6.5 out shines the 257, that's all.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

Because it would look better if YOU provide the info that shows how the 6.5 out shines the 257, that's all.

Seems like he want's factory loads in the Creed, against his best mythical handload in the Roberts.

I'd be interested to see the best Roberts "factory loads most hunters would use" too.

Otherwise he's just confirming one of the reasons the Creed is so popular; great factory ammo.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
PRS is why it's popular, like I said if they increase the velocity limits the Creedmoor will become scarce...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So, is it suppose to be more accurate than the .260 Rem. because it sort of looks like some smaller bench rest designs? Or, is it really more accurate, about how much more accurate at say 400 yards over a .260?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shorter case than the 260, so you can use longer bullets in an ADL/BDL setup.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

You want the information, you provide it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by starsky

Yet factory rounds loaded to 2.825" OAL.....

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
How long have you been beating your wife?
There is no correct answer to a loaded question.

1. We are older gentlemen
2. We are set in our ways and opinions
3. We question "New"
4. We question "Better"
5. Our gun safe contents demonstrate out commitment to what we claim to know.

Because any cartridge case is just a launch pad, maybe we should talk about "preferred" calibers and why we like them as a .30/06 "is" a .300 Magnum if you stalk 150 yards closer, is it not?

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At some point they all work equally as well. "What if" is the greatest selling tool there is...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
At some point they all work equally as well. "What if" is the greatest selling tool there is...

The entire insurance industry is built around "What if..."

As is the entire safety industry.

For someone buying a new rifle, a 6.5 Creedmoor could be a great option. For others it is mostly redundant.

If I had teenagers that were hunting and wanted their own rifle, a 6.5 Creedmoor would get high consideration.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by starsky

Yet factory rounds loaded to 2.825" OAL.....

All the cool kids shoot Lapuas anyway, so that's a non issue here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So is the 6.5 CM, 260, or 6.5x47 the red headed step child?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

The Creedmoor is running the table, and fast.
The 260 is the stepchild.
The x47 is a better mousetrap, but from a foreign country so it won't win.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

The Creedmoor is running the table, and fast.
The 260 is the stepchild.
The x47 is a better mousetrap, but from a foreign country so it won't win.

Creedmoor has great off-the-shelf ammo, and rifles from lots of manufacturers with the right twist including many entry-level options.

The x47 may be better, but the Creed is on a roll.

Nothing wrong with the 260 in the right platform, but it's ship has sailed.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just quick note about ammo. Midway lists 20 offerings for the 6.5 but "only" 17 for the .260.

Some of the 6.5 offerings have higher B.C. values, some of the .260 Rem offerings have higher velocities.

Which drifts further at 300 yards depends on which products are compared.

10 of the 6.5 offerings use a bullet I would normally choose for hunting while 12 of the .260 Rem offerings fit that bill.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

263 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,060
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.