Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The old folks always think the younger folks music is crap.

Been that way for many moons.

And I agree. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
rost, yes, but this time the case is stronger than ever!!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rost495
The old folks always think the younger folks music is crap.

Been that way for many moons.

And I agree. LOL.

What we hear today is not country western. If you like it , no problem, but don't call it Country Western. More like Pop Western
The days of true Country Western Ballards are gone.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like some of the new stuff. Eric Church is pretty good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now and then one of the new voices/faces/styles will be "pretty good", and it's nice to experience. But, the overall trend and style has been degenerate.

Yes, old farts usually don't appreciate the stuff admired by the younger set - nothing new there - but with country music it seems to be more than that. There were significant differences in the styles and hallmarks of past performers (one could pick and choose with some certainty) but, to me, most of the more recent stuff seems to be formulaic and indistinguishable.

Some such performers do evolve - sorta. When I was a little kid, a slightly cross-eyed young fellow would get up on the stand with guitar at the weekend "sale barn" at Booth's Corner and sing solo hillbilly songs - crudely. By the time I was an early teen got a few calls to play bass in his new and not very polished hillbilly music group - sometimes on the local station WPWA. By the time I graduated from high school he was well and widely known as one of the first big rockers - Bill Haley and the Comets. Guess some called that rockabilly.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Modern Country??

Haggard....they ain't!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
She's not bad..

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alan Jackson is probably the last Country Star who is "country", and he is sixty years old.

There have been Country singers after him, and there have been Stars after him..... but no Country Stars.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
And, it is what they sing about, the subject matter.
I should not say really, I can't stand to listen that closely.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BGunn
She's not bad..

+1 sounds traditional

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like some of the red dirt boys, Jason Borland, Aaron Watson, Stoney LaRue

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's so refreshing to hear a great voice backed up by fiddles and steel guitars! I can see a couple of her CDs finding their way into my truck! Thanks for the heads up.
There are a few still doing traditional Country. Trouble is that they don't get played on the air anymore. The CMA and radio producers are too busy promoting trash.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BGunn
She's not bad..

She's got a bunch of stuff on iTunes that you can sample. Pretty good. Just like Google, looking at one will bring up more of a similar type.

Not sure I really need any new music; got more than enough to hold me already.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I saw Amber Digby at the Heart of Texas Country Music festival in Brady TX last week. She did two shows. I have all her music, she is a guest on the Opery one in a while. She is one of my favorite
singers. We go to Brady TX every March the festival. Lot of good country music. Darrell McCall and Moe Bandy were also there

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of my favorite crooners...

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
and a few more...

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And I gotta say... I do like Kid Rock too.., Especially when he's singing with Martina

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And Bocephus - Hank Jr

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And another one...

He said that this is the most perfect country and western song. I wrote him back a letter and I told him it was not the perfect country & western song because he hadn't said anything at all about mama Or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting' drunk Well, he sat down and wrote another verse to the song and he sent it to me And after reading it I realized that my friend had written the perfect country & western song

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (22kHornet, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,476
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.