Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Trump certainly seemed to endorse that idea that was put forth last night by Judge Jeanine.

See:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...paul-ryan-achieve-full-repeal-obamacare/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-26/trump-endorses-fox-news-host-call-paul-ryan-resign

Does Ryan survive? And, if not ... who would you like to see as the next Speaker?

BP-B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ryan is not the only one that gets blame. BUT, as the leader, he is the most responsible. OCare surviving is a massive, massive failure. Trump gets some blame too.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just remember this....

A trillion dollars of OCare taxes was not enough to muster enough votes in the GOP. All the pain that businesses go through with OCare was not enough for the GOP to muster enough votes.

I am an optimistic person by nature. But this whole thing sickens me.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They are missing the boat by not just turning healthcare back to the states. Maybe making a law that healthcare can be bought across state lines, granting zerocare a year to die peacefully and giving insurers a little time to bring programs on line, and calling it a day.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a bad bill, and I hope it is the end of Ryan, but someone else has to want the job. Last time nobody did. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS

I am an optimistic person by nature. But this whole thing sickens me.

What pisses me off more than not repealing it is the R's sitting on their ass for the last 7 years and Not having a refined, planned piece of legislation to throw on the barrel-head when the time came.

There's been plenty of time to figure out what was wrong with AHA and make fixes, find out what's working and what isn't working and to trash the rest. Instead, they've done NOTHING..

Everyone knew this time would come and that the R's would have a chance for positive change, yet they stand around with their thumb up their asses, pointing fingers at the "other" guy.

If the R's can't do what they're supposed to do when they control the House, Senate, and the Presidency, tell me again why the hell I need to vote for them?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
It was a bad bill, and I hope it is the end of Ryan, but someone else has to want the job. Last time nobody did. miles
Agreed. This was a bad bill. All you had to do is read it to see how bad a bill it really was. It was a short bill and easy read. It was little more than what we already have at a much greater cost. So sorry the Republicans did not have their act together. We had nine years to get this right and failed. Just repeal the darn thing and lets start over. That what we hired them to do.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure they can fix healthcare.

They'd have to get rid of the "pre-existing" conditions coverage. They'd have to knock 20 million off medicaid and thus "20 million would loose coverage". They'd have to deny illegals care and anyone else who would walk through the door without cash or insurance.

These things would make the Republicans look very bad, and the media would run horror story after horror story on people going bankrupt etc.

The entire system would have to be redone and reshaped. From the top to the bottom.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just like kept telling wife before election(it dosent matter who is at the top nothing is going to change). D supposed couldn't do anything cause r's were in control below, now r's have upper and lower, and still don't do anything> Nothing is going to change!! Donnie ain't going to drain the swamp blah blah

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am at a loss as to why folks think the failure is not Trump's? He is the man on top. The Leader. If he cannot lead his party we will have a miserable four years. He allowed the outcome plain and simple.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
professional politicians arent going to do anything, to upset their gravytrain, mid term elections is all they are thinking about now, already, and those old bastads arent going to make waves!! NOTHING CHANGES

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lets hope so

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure they can fix healthcare.

They'd have to get rid of the "pre-existing" conditions coverage. They'd have to knock 20 million off medicaid and thus "20 million would loose coverage". They'd have to deny illegals care and anyone else who would walk through the door without cash or insurance.

These things would make the Republicans look very bad, and the media would run horror story after horror story on people going bankrupt etc.

The entire system would have to be redone and reshaped. From the top to the bottom.

Indeed, Calvin. You are correct I'm afraid. Insurance of any kind only works when most people who pay for it don't use it. Life insurance is the most obvious example.

Folks with pre-existing conditions are by definitions a massive drain on the system. Forcing insurance companies to pay for their medical care blows up the formula.

As an attorney I do compliance work for insurance companies in general, and at times, health insurance companies specifically. Really smart people have tried to figure this out and there is no perfect solution.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There may not be a perfect solution, but there never is. We just need to get something started and build on it from there. First step would be to return it to the states, where it belongs. The federal government must not expand past government until they get that right. That should keep them where they need to be for at least 1,000 years.

Every employer I have ever worked for had health insurance that covered pre-existing conditions. Also every one was much cheaper than zero care with much better benefits.

The issue for some monstrosity like zerocare is, those with pre-existing conditions just coming to it, because it's free, often have massive issues with their preexisting conditions as they have never treated their malady appropriately and consistently for years, and now they want the unfixable fixed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
And lets not forget that if you don't have health insurance, that doesn't mean you can't get health care. Before AHA, those of us who had health insurance were already paying health care costs, at a much reduced rate of AHA, for those who did not. Such as $5.00 asprins and $60 heated blankets in the hospital. (you didn't get to keep the blanket)

ER and other health care facilities could not turn away anyone even those without insurance, then, as now.

Last edited by las; 03/26/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The government has no business in health care anyway. Let people buy what they can afford, the welfare rats be damned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ryan is an insider. He would not let the rest of the House check out his bill and made suggestions. It was "binary" to use his words. YOu either take his bill or nothing. He set Trump up for failure, not realizing he is the failure.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ryan has the opportunity to redeem himself or get the hell out of the way. My bet is there are enough Washington insiders who are bought and paid for by the big insurance companies and lawyers that we won't see much of a change from O'care.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

If the R's can't do what they're supposed to do when they control the House, Senate, and the Presidency, tell me again why the hell I need to vote for them?

The Republicant's controlled the House and Senate for two years when Bush II was president: what changed then? NOTHING. No immigration change, no tax change, just a big bowl of nothing. We're getting the same ol sch!tt AGAIN.

I voted for Donald Trump, the rest of the Republican party can go straight to hell because I know how intractable they really are.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
223 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,923
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.