Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
I found places this past week I could rent and shoot a Glock 43, Spfld XDS, Kkahr and Shield so I was able to try all four. I chose and purchased the Glock 43 last night. I don't think I could have gone wrong with any of these, but the Glock just seemed to fit me better, plus I carry a Glock 27 now.

Thanks to all who gave advice and expressed their opinions which allowed me to narrow my search. Now it is off to the the range today to see how it performs!

GB1

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
bea, best of luck to you and you are in my prayers. I spent 20+ years in the Cardiovascular market and it is amazing what can be done now days. Vanderbilt is a great hospital.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I also spent more than 30 years working in Critical Care , Cardiopulmonary Supervisor at Indian Path Med Center. None of this I don't know about, believe me. I have seen and done it all.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram
I found places this past week I could rent and shoot a Glock 43, Spfld XDS, Kkahr and Shield so I was able to try all four. I chose and purchased the Glock 43 last night. I don't think I could have gone wrong with any of these, but the Glock just seemed to fit me better, plus I carry a Glock 27 now.

Thanks to all who gave advice and expressed their opinions which allowed me to narrow my search. Now it is off to the the range today to see how it performs!
You made an excellent choice.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram

good luck, I have a G43, then I bought a shield because it offered one more round and I just wanted to try it as well. The G43 has a softer recoil impulse, the shield is just a tiny bit more accurate in my hands but may be the square sights on it. I will just keep both, I may replace the shield sights with the big orange trijicon when I can, that sight makes silhouette hits a lot easier for me anyway. I opted for no safety on the shield, I try and keep all my CCW pistols about the same in behavior. I carry the G43 more than the shield.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I picked a XDs 9mm 3.3" out a few weeks ago,the Ruger SR i had previously just wasn't doing it for me. I liked the Shield (liked the grip better) and the XDs about the same. It was a tough choice. The 4 free mags, Kydex holster and mag carrier that Springfield is offering right now, sealed the deal. When I can afford another, I'm going to check out the Glock 43 and take another good look at a Shield or I just might get a XDs 4" so all my mags are interchangeable. After shooting it at the range and carring it for 3 weeks now,I really like the XDs 3.3" though.

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers Bea! All the best Sir. I sold Primacor IV years ago. Much advancement has taken place in CVD no doubt.

Keep your Faith. Ditto above, enjoy your posts.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I've been reading a lot lately about the Walther PPS M2. It looks inviting. I carry a Kahr CW45 or a G19. Interested in a 9mm single stack and am going to go rent a couple different ones and check them out.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
it strikes me that all of the single stack guns are close in performance. That said the M2 might be better for one person over another due to grip frame and hand size.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why is it that in these conversations the Kimber Solo is never mentioned?

M7

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Deleted post.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cuz the Glock or the Smith or the Taurus are better value for the money.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ModelSeven

M7

google Kimber solo problems.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What is your logic to go for less capacity, when you can get a few extra rounds with a double?

Better to be over the hill than under it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rondrews
What is your logic to go for less capacity, when you can get a few extra rounds with a double?
People choose single stacks for increased concealability and comfort in carry.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rondrews

Because the OP's question was: 'Re: Opinions on 9mm Single Stack for CC'

And because CC to me infers the smallest, reliable package you can find with what each individual considers to be adequate power for what he feels he is 'likely' to encounter in a given day's activities.

I know the word 'reliable' is what many of you will pounce on in your replies to this post.

Disclosure: I also 'currently' own nearly every model mentioned in this thread except the Smith Shield (even double stacks like the G27) or any 1911 variety or spin-offs, because I prefer the striker pistols, and none is easier to conceal carry than the Solo.

M7

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Do you 'value' your money more than your life?

M7

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jimmyp

M7

google Kimber solo problems.

I can Google and find anything I want. What I find on my side is my Solo DC with factory night sights. It's not poking me in the belly or the back, and nobody ever knows it's there. Most times I have a spare mag full in my pocket, giving me 13 total (more than my G27 double stack) and I hardly know IT's there.

M7

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Do you 'value' your money more than your life?

M7

No. I "value" my life most of all. That's why I don't carry a Kimber and I do carry a Glock 43 everyday.

There's what? 100X the Glock 43s in use compared to the Kimber and with no real issues to report.

I don't google, I shoot. But if I did Google, I'd find that 40% of the NATO armed forces use Glocks and 0% use Kimbers of any type.

Now what?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
Live or die , I'm ready for either don't really worry about it either way.

I like your approach. Guessing you'll be on your feet no matter where you end up; "either way" as you say. Best wishes.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,622 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.