Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Spent many a night on Indian Creek. The "top" above Emma Lake is the best place on the Kenai. Sitting without moving and staring at the headwaters (Indian Ck. glacier) I have counted 28 black bear, a half dozen caribou, a moose, a sow grizz, several sheep and numerous marmot. It can be and remains a wonderful place today...
Still lots of grizzly there.

Got that right!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice caribou.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't know how Berg did it, but he didn't have a chainsaw. It does make sense to make the first hole larger to allow the spruce fishing pole to push it to the next hole and so on. It is funny about him telling about replacing the main spring in his watch.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Another shot of my son's caribou - better (or more impressive, anyway) angle. Both trips were second week of August.

If it is a bulls-only permit, and you see only one caribou on the trip, (both times), these will do.

Felt kinda bad, wiping out the entire herd that way. Twice. smile

I guess the rest of my pics from there are on disc.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by las; 03/27/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Another shot of my son's caribou - better (or more impressive, anyway) angle. Both trips were second week of August.

If it is a bulls-only permit, and you see only one caribou on the trip, (both times), these will do.

[Linked Image]

Floppy?

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
5 1/4"

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've set nets under ice with a contraption we called an ice jigger.....Google on "net ice jigger" for pics.....our was about the size of an ironing board and I saw them for sale at the Trappers Supply Store in Whitehorse a few years ago.

Further to the book about Berg.....he mentions changing the stroke length in his single cylinder outboard with very simple tools ......I don't claim to be a mechanic, but how does one do that..?

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Now I have a good understanding of under ice net fishing. I have been in the auto repair business about 48 years and don't understand his lengthening of the con rod. I sure don't understand how he did it in the bush and why.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by las

[Linked Image]

Floppy?

wink

Christ, Art - I ain't that old. Barely. smile

Well, actually I am- but we were late getting into this new-fangled chit, and missed the floppies for home use.

At present, I can't be more than 10 or 15 years and hopelessly behind..... smile

Last edited by las; 03/31/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (160user, 1234, 10ring1, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.