Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
This is gonna be a sweet shooting rig, I can already feel it.

Trump Won!
BP-B2

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

Well, I have handled copies before and couldn't see where I should try to "fix" them.... it's as close to a modern Hagel rifle as we could dream up.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Oughta be a banger Scotty.

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That is really nice!

sorry but I missed the build info, who is the smith?

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Kevin Weaver out of Colorado did the work.

Great guy to deal with.

Semper Fi
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm late to the party on this. Awesome rifle buddy!!!!!! Pure sweetness there. Looks like an H&H magnum receiver there. If it is, you'll be happy you went that route on this build. Much like my 338wm. Probably holds 4 in the box too. Let us know how she shoots: With pictures of targets (please). I know you like posting those pics over at the Nosler forum laugh.. I'm sure it will be a tack driver. What pills are you going to run??? Should put the smack down on an elk for sure. Thanks for sharing..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500

Well, I have handled copies before and couldn't see where I should try to "fix" them.... it's as close to a modern Hagel rifle as we could dream up.

A+ on the build man. Hard to improve on that one. Bob sure would have liked it.. The more I look at the legend, the more it makes me want to fu ck one up and order one with a left hand cheek piece... laugh

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree, the more I look at it that is a really nice build.

....I just remembered a Weaver Custom 'G Classic' in a Legend stock maybe a year ago that I really wanted bad, fantastic rifle, but I was too slow and it sold....

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm pretty sure 175 Partitions will get the first run.

Gotta fire form 50 cases first so that'll take me a little while. Should let me get it zeroed up decently and ready for the hunting loads.

Thank you all for the comments. I should have it in hand this week.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
cool

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Very nice rifle. What OAL will you load the 175 to? I have been looking at the drop figures for the 175 Part. and it looks really good. I am going to load up some for mine using 74 H1000 and try 3.513 OAL to start. I like how the 175 at 3000 fps kicks less than the 160 Part at over 3200 fps in my MSM. Randy

US Army Ft Carson, Co 1976 to 1979
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Randy, I think in my old gun I was around 3.500"ish.

They flat hammer elk at 3050. I used the 175 BBCs last fall but shots 2 and 3 in the Mag were PTs.. never needed them but I have little doubt they would have done the same.

I'll probably load the new gun starting around .010" off and work back from there. Seemed to work good on the old rifle. This one should only be better.

Semper Fi
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Finally got the rifle in my hands today.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like how it says BobinNH.... He would have loved that too. This place isn't going to be the same with him gone... Scotty, did you go with graphite black on the cerakote, or is it a different coating??

BSA MAGA
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Got the scope mounted up in TPS alloys. Nice rings, I believe I'll use them again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Semper Fi
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I like how it says BobinNH.... He would have loved that too. This place isn't going to be the same with him gone... Scotty, did you go with graphite black on the cerakote, or is it a different coating??

Matte finish Midnight Blue. It's pretty dark but up close it's lighter than my graphite black rifles.

Bob kicked butt. Miss that old boy.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Awesome rifle Scotty. Looks great. Scope and rings look great too. Let us know how she shoots. I bet it will drive tacks....

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Tag

“Factio democratica delenda est"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Late to the thread, but she came out beautiful. Midnight blue on the cerakote is fantastic. End to end I don't think you could have made a better decision anywhere. Now go ventilate a buncha critters...

Excellent tribute to Bob by the way. He would have appreciated it greatly I'm sure, especially laying across a bruiser bull.

Will hopefully be picking up some new top end tactical meopta glass shortly to compare against the Schmidts on mine. Can't wait to see your range reports.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mtnman1
Late to the thread, but she came out beautiful. Midnight blue on the cerakote is fantastic. End to end I don't think you could have made a better decision anywhere. Now go ventilate a buncha critters...

Excellent tribute to Bob by the way. He would have appreciated it greatly I'm sure, especially laying across a bruiser bull.

Will hopefully be picking up some new top end tactical meopta glass shortly to compare against the Schmidts on mine. Can't wait to see your range reports.

Thank you. Just as soon as I get a break in the weather I plan on getting it out and getting some formed cases ready for the real load work. I am half thinking if it shoots as good as the old rechambered M70 this rifle replaced load work will be short and give me plenty of time to shoot it long this year.

Semper Fi
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
208 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 30 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.