Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jgotro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Went to get my transfer and price went from 25.00 to 95.00 !!!! It was from an individual, gun store claimed price was due to atf changes. Anyone else hear of this?

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Gun store doesn't have to charge anything If they don't want to.....soundslike his excuse to just make money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
no, he just wanted to make his profit or overhead on a gun he didn't stock or sell. I haven't gotten anything recently from ATF on any changes.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Call his bluff... Tell him to show you the ATF changes.

Then find an honest dealer.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He's a liar. No such ATF "changes" have been made that can cause this increase to the dealers. He's trying to rip you off.

I would find someone else to do ALL your gun business with, and let him know you are, and why!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would just tell him, "Look, don't lie to me. If you want to raise your prices like that, just be honest and say so". Then, inform him your business is now going elsewhere because, doing what he is entitled to do as a business owner, he has now priced himself out of the market.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Jgotro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
He is only shop that will accept from an individual. I'll be requesting that guns be shipped from other parties Ffl from now on . That price is to outrageous to go back

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Definitely sounds like excess greed has set in.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Speaking of a$$ hole dealers; One of my regular customers made a trade on Arfcom. He shipped his pistol to the guy's dealer in NY. The dealer claimed he couldn't accept a gun from an individual (but he opened it to log it in), so he shipped it to me to ship back to him for the transfer. My customer paid to over night it UPS to that dealer, paid forshipping back to me UPS second day air, then paid me to ship it back priority mail. On the copy of my FFL I sent with the gun, I wrote a note informing this dealer that this was by far the stupidest thing I'd ever encountered.

Kelly
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
By the way, I used to frequent a FFL only forum till I got fed up with all of them bad mouthing their customers. You'd all be surprised if you knew what a good many of these dealers really think of you. Especially if you use them for transfers only.

Kelly
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I just sold one of my guns to someone I work with last week. Transfer fee was $25, which I believe is the minimum. Around here they usually charge between $25 and $35. If the shop makes $5 or $10 on a transfer thats fine with me. $95 is ridiculous. I'd never do business with them again.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lots of FFLs here charge $10, I asked one how many they do every day. "A lot."

I always make it a point to look around at the stuff they have for sale.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jonnymac
I just sold one of my guns to someone I work with last week. Transfer fee was $25, which I believe is the minimum. Around here they usually charge between $25 and $35. If the shop makes $5 or $10 on a transfer thats fine with me. $95 is ridiculous. I'd never do business with them again.

That ftf transaction required a transfer?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Local shop charges $10 and feels it gets people in the door. He gets a lot of business other than transfers from me because of that.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There has been no ATF change that would have anything to do with what a dealer charges to transfer a firearm. If that dealer claims that's the reason he went up to $95, then he lied.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the opposite end, i used a new to me FFL for a trade i did last week and when i went to pick up the shotgun last night he just tells me,"first one is on me". not to mention his price he quoted me was 5.00 cheaper than the place i normally use. i'm working for a new company and this ffl is just a block or so down the road from the office so i figured, what the heck i'll give them a try. i thanked him and hope to do some more buisness with him in the future.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
On the opposite end, i used a new to me FFL for a trade i did last week and when i went to pick up the shotgun last night he just tells me,"first one is on me". not to mention his price he quoted me was 5.00 cheaper than the place i normally use. i'm working for a new company and this ffl is just a block or so down the road from the office so i figured, what the heck i'll give them a try. i thanked him and hope to do some more buisness with him in the future.
That's an excellent way to treat customers.

Local fellow charges $20 for transfers but lowers it to $15 for current law enforcement, firefighters and current or ex-military. Most other places around here want $25 minimum and it goes up from there.

But he must be having some personal problems or something because he used to be a fairly decent guy but the last few times I dealt with him he's been curt and downright grouchy in person or in any replies to emails I send. You get the idea he's always about two words from saying "f*** you and your transfer, just go away". Ten bucks is ten bucks but he's become such an unpleasant person to deal with it's worth $25 for me just to get reasonably courteous service.

Thinking of that, there is an FFL dealer literally three blocks from me who used to charge $20 and to my knowledge still does but I had to quit using them. It's a pawnshop owned by a woman and she actually knows what she's doing but she hires her father and trailer trash sister to run the store and they are dumb and dumber, they truly are not competent enough to fax out a copy of their license to someone. I will say that the sister is sort of hot if you're into the tattooed, slutty look. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Jonnymac

That ftf transaction required a transfer?

Didn't require one per say but I felt better about doing a transfer since it was an AR-15. I trust the guy I sold it to but should it get stolen or something happen with it I wouldn't want to somehow get implicated in anything. Probably worried about nothing and threw $25 away but I felt it was worth it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$95 ???

Dude....you got a Royal screwing

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hope you got a kiss...............

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 63 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.