H
Sure are smart ones and dumb ones!

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Be not weary in well doing.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There are them and there are us.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The first kind seeks an uncomplicated life, knowing the world and its people will thrust enough complications into his life without him inviting more.He will strive to " Live and let live". Folks who were born and raised in a rural setting will have this as their default setting.

The second kind just CAN'T just "Take it like you find it and leave it like it is". They get bored easily and will seek out like minded others to take turns preaching to the converted. The cities are full of these people. Their primary entertainment is finding new places to eat. I suspect this is a perversion of the same instinct that drives the first kind to hunt, fish, and plant gardens.

Either kind can be Liberal, or Conservative as far as politics.

The second kind is a PITA.

I was always told there were three different kinds of people.
The one that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sharpsman said it all.🤡

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to John and Paul for the compliments, undeserved though they be.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I read in a book of Mongol poetry once that there are two kinds of people; those that build you up and those that tear you down. Never forgot it.

Also in that same book, the same woman who said that, when faced with possibly permanent separation from her lover, gave him her blouse with her scent on it to remember her by. Seemed like a perceptive understanding of the connection between the memory areas of the brain and the olfaction centers to me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Those are behavioral traits that are applied selectively, Mike. If you only interact with an individual in one setting, it is easy to assume always behaves in a certain way, but change the setting and his responses may change as well.

The commonly used personality types, A and B, have the American deficiency as far as predicting behavior.

The responses on this thread can be divided into the two " kinds of people" I listed.

For instance; Does it come as a surprise that Fireball was the first to respond and Ringman offered the first criticism?

Or that religion was introduced into the discussion very quickly?

Choosing not to respond at all reveals nothing about those members who made that choice.

Last edited by curdog4570; 03/28/17.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
short people and tall people
light skinned & dark skinned.
fat & skinny
men & women
left handed & right handed

all humans live in a time of change. some want it to come faster, some less faster, slowly in fact.

some people claim to be Agents of Omneity, working for change. (no pun intended).

some want to change back to how things once were, and some want to change to some perceived future conditin.

and on and on. it's all very interesting. and i didn't even talk about politics. lol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Choosing not to respond at all reveals nothing about those members who made that choice.

At this point I'll reveal that I'm playing that CD of your Cowboy Poetry and Philosophical ramblings set to Music.
Damn, that's one gravelly voice. grin

Good thread, this.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm obliged to you for not putting quotation marks around the word "music" in your post, Greg. 😀

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, your humility is becoming, and I'll grant that you're no Dave Stamey, or Tom Russel,....I DO enjoy that CD, played in the little machine shop though.

Mowing season's gonna get here early, I gotta' go fart around with another machine that's getting scrounged together here.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When I was a youngster, I was taught that there are two kinds of people. Those who will be saved and this who will not.

While here in the flesh I figure there are two distinct types. Those who want to be taken care of and those who would rather be allowed to take care ofthemselves. Similar to the OP's binary choice.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"...I'll stand right here where I'm at.....'cause I wear my own kind of hat." grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my circle there are 10 kinds of people - those who read binary and those who don't.

I wouldn't necessarily divide the two mentioned in the OP to city and country folk. I've met decent "live and let live" folks in both places and control freaks in both. As already noted, one only has to see where so many of the folks who always argue an opinion (my opinion is better than your opinion) and/or lead off with a personal insult live to realize that one's attitude toward life and others has no correlation to one's location.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Placing people in an undesirable pigeon-hole based on their geographic location seems to be a very common trait on the 'fire.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spoken like a damn Yankee!

wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Spoken like a damn Yankee!

wink
I didn't hear a thing. He typed it. whistle

grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
One group want to dominate and control another.
Another just wants to be left alone.

Hence human conflict. It's that simple.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
absolutely. some want to be members of a group, or herd as it were.

others are individualistic to a greater or lesser degree.

and there is a dominance hierarchy in the herd.

and most individuals could care less.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 47 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.